5.00 star(s) 13 Votes

Fakebitchboy

Jun 16, 2021
I don't want to be ungrateful and I know gb is an indie industry, but I really think we should be getting more contend. I'm happy the game gives us so many choices and she listens to feedback, but one whole month for what? Half of a step?15 minutes of gameplay? I've replayed the game a thousand times, and most of the text is the same. The game problably will take more 5 years to complete. I could understand the first two years bc our life 1 was on the making too. But now that she could focus on our life 2, she's already writing another game. I check here everymonth almost everyday, and I'm upset with how long it's taking. I love this game and i think we all do, so i hope you can understand my frustration

gamwezs

Jul 12, 2018
I don't want to be ungrateful and I know gb is an indie industry, but I really think we should be getting more contend. I'm happy the game gives us so many choices and she listens to feedback, but one whole month for what? Half of a step?15 minutes of gameplay? I've replayed the game a thousand times, and most of the text is the same. The game problably will take more 5 years to complete. I could understand the first two years bc our life 1 was on the making too. But now that she could focus on our life 2, she's already writing another game. I check here everymonth almost everyday, and I'm upset with how long it's taking. I love this game and i think we all do, so i hope you can understand my frustration
I feel the same, there was definitely a disappointing amount of content in the beta, but I will say that I don't think what they show is all they have, I'd be willing to bet they have a lot more content that they just aren't ready to show, either because they don't want to reveal something that they might change, or because the art isn't ready yet, or any number of other things, I think what's gonna happen is that they'll have a bunch of small updates just to release something, and then they'll release a big update

Reactions: yjummyjum

Haklsdad

Jul 25, 2024
I feel the same, there was definitely a disappointing amount of content in the beta, but I will say that I don't think what they show is all they have, I'd be willing to bet they have a lot more content that they just aren't ready to show, either because they don't want to reveal something that they might change, or because the art isn't ready yet, or any number of other things, I think what's gonna happen is that they'll have a bunch of small updates just to release something, and then they'll release a big update
Yeah, they prob gonna have a much bigger content drop when they release the next public demo.

Ren123432fd

May 10, 2022
View attachment 4076676
OL2: Step 2 Prologue Day 1 Script Preview

Having a phone is gonna be a lot of fun

Pure Text:
Menu:

-“hi qiu.”:

-“hey, it’s [first_name]”:

-“what’s up qiu?”:

-“so sorry to annoy you. I have a phone and my [mom] thought I had to tell you right now. this is [first_name] you probably didn’t know”:

-“Qiu! My [Mom] got me a phone!”:

-“:)”:

-“i know where you live Qiu Lin”:

-“✨ Qiu ✨”:

-“who do you think this is?”:

-“This is my first text” if texting first:

-“qiu! qiu! its amazing!!!”:

-“hey charmer ;)” if teasing or praising:

######## end menu

if first text:

if jokey/teasing:

“Yeah, that was perfect. [It’s a quote that’d go down in history!/You definitely weren’t gonna forget it by tomorrow.]” #if jokey or teasing

if nervous:

“That was horrible! What were you thinking? [Tamarack] was gonna think you were embarrassing. How could you delete a sent text?”

else:

“Okay, that would work.”

#####

if mc doesn’t include their name:

“It simply read:

qiu “im blocking ur number”

“They were not kidding. Qiu wouldn’t accept nonsense from some stranger. You didn’t have time to lose.”

mc “it’s [first_name] qiu. [please don’t block me/your friend remember/your best friend remember]”

“Did they get it…? Was it too late?”

if neighbors:

qiu “oh thanks. im gonna block ur number [first_name] ”

if close:

qiu “nice try. [first_name] doesn’t have a phone. im blocking you ”

#####

“Alright, now they were joking.”

########

if mc included name:

if neighbors:

qiu “oh really? im gonna block ur number ”

if close:

######
It's funny that no matter if we told they mc's name or not, they doesn't believe us and blocks us XD (although maybe they's just joking)

My MC will have to get up from wherever they is sitting (if they is at home in that scene), go outside and knock on Qiu's house door and ask they to unblock it.

Last edited:

OAKGUYLOL1

Sep 6, 2024
View attachment 4076676
OL2: Step 2 Prologue Day 1 Script Preview

Having a phone is gonna be a lot of fun

Pure Text:
Menu:

-“hi qiu.”:

-“hey, it’s [first_name]”:

-“what’s up qiu?”:

-“so sorry to annoy you. I have a phone and my [mom] thought I had to tell you right now. this is [first_name] you probably didn’t know”:

-“Qiu! My [Mom] got me a phone!”:

-“:)”:

-“i know where you live Qiu Lin”:

-“✨ Qiu ✨”:

-“who do you think this is?”:

-“This is my first text” if texting first:

-“qiu! qiu! its amazing!!!”:

-“hey charmer ;)” if teasing or praising:

######## end menu

if first text:

if jokey/teasing:

“Yeah, that was perfect. [It’s a quote that’d go down in history!/You definitely weren’t gonna forget it by tomorrow.]” #if jokey or teasing

if nervous:

“That was horrible! What were you thinking? [Tamarack] was gonna think you were embarrassing. How could you delete a sent text?”

else:

“Okay, that would work.”

#####

if mc doesn’t include their name:

“It simply read:

qiu “im blocking ur number”

“They were not kidding. Qiu wouldn’t accept nonsense from some stranger. You didn’t have time to lose.”

mc “it’s [first_name] qiu. [please don’t block me/your friend remember/your best friend remember]”

“Did they get it…? Was it too late?”

if neighbors:

qiu “oh thanks. im gonna block ur number [first_name] ”

if close:

#####

“Alright, now they were joking.”

########

if mc included name:

if neighbors:

qiu “oh really? im gonna block ur number ”

if close:

######
I love step 2 Qiu , they're so cold all the time but really sweet to you if you're close, I love that its kinda adorable

Last edited:

lovelyautumn

Formerly 'shortdegenerate'
Nov 27, 2021
honest thoughts, do ya'll think this is making a late 2025 release? gb said at some point that she'd just do base step 2 plus dlc and base step 3 without dlc to make 2025 but i dunno

im willing to wait as long as it takes tho

Reactions: ANonymOUse12319

iloveourlife

Apr 2, 2024
I love step 2 Qui, hes so cold all the time but really sweet to you if you're close, I love that its kinda adorable
not trying to say this in a mean way, cause I'm not sure if you honestly don't know or you don't understand but qiu uses they/them pronouns only in step 2 and they use they/he in step 3&4 and their name is spelled qiu, not qui

this explains it better:

gamwezs

Jul 12, 2018
honest thoughts, do ya'll think this is making a late 2025 release? gb said at some point that she'd just do base step 2 plus dlc and base step 3 without dlc to make 2025 but i dunno

im willing to wait as long as it takes tho
I think it's possible. I don't have experience with anything as big as our life but I've made some small games before and for me the longest part is always the art. So I think that once the art is finished they'll start making progress much faster

lovelyautumn

Formerly 'shortdegenerate'
Nov 27, 2021
I think it's possible. I don't have experience with anything as big as our life but I've made some small games before and for me the longest part is always the art. So I think that once the art is finished they'll start making progress much faster
i did forget that step 1 is already fully drafted and the rest of it just needs to be scripted into the game

step 1 will probs be finished by january with voice actors being called on, im more worried about step 3 cause a lot of work is gonna be done for that next year after step 2 base, dlc, and then fall ended

Reactions: ANonymOUse12319

OAKGUYLOL1

Sep 6, 2024
not trying to say this in a mean way, cause I'm not sure if you honestly don't know or you don't understand but qiu uses they/them pronouns only in step 2 and they use they/he in step 3&4 and their name is spelled qiu, not qui

this explains it better:
shit my fault, I just got so used to step 1 Qiu I forgot in the moment. Won't forget next time

Luunar

Jul 12, 2022
I do understand your frustration with this, and while it's disappointing for me too, I also understand things from GB's perspective as well. The scope of things for OL2 are much larger than what we had with OL1. While we had a lot of freedom in OL1, we didn't get nearly as many choices as we're getting with OL2 in ways we can respond. OL1 had like 5 solid choices we could pick from that set the mood for our character, and then three or four ways to respond.

For example, meeting Cliff Holden for the first time, you had three ways to approach;
Cordial, but not too trusting
Friendly, not minding too much of telling him who you are and about yourself
Anxious/Quiet kid, not telling him much about who you are.

It also felt like you were sort of just a ride along no matter what you were doing in the moments, yes you had the options to decide what you were doing in those moments but you had no say in whether or not you wanted to attend things. and more often than not, it was either you go with Cove, or the moment would be short with not much to do. Before the addition of other LI's it was more his story than yours.

OL2 has much much more in terms of options in order to give us more personal freedom in what we want to be included in, and in what we don't want to be included in, and how we feel about things. So while it might not feel like we're getting as much content right now, I do understand why the moments take so long to write. There's so many ways to respond, not just depending on your personality, but your dynamic with not just one, but two neighbors. (Even more so in step 2 with the jealousy options). But you get more deeper and personal relationships with more than just Qiu and Tamarack, but with your mother and the other parents/Grandparents of Golden Grove as well.

We also have to consider that since the game is so new, not all of the art is readily available and all of the backgrounds have to be prepared as well. So while it's frustrating, it's also understandable given the much higher quality this game is reaching for.

forvt

Aug 7, 2022
I think we should also remind ourselves that this is a beta being released every month. Not many games release betas every month, because producing things take time, so I can understand why this update was short/missing things, the prologue for step two will probably be complete by the time they release another public update (I think...I hope) and step1 dlc will probably be over by january, so I don't believe there'll be much delay on the game release, maybe a couple months at max.

I was also disappointed by the size of this beta, but tbh I'm glad for their consistency and quality, so I will give them some grace lol

Ivirana0

Aug 29, 2023

this explains it better:
And yet, you did sound rude. There is literally no need for this, it's a game. The character won't get mad at this person for using 'he' pronounce when speaking about step 2, even though they identify themselves as they/he by the end.

It's really not that serious.

Savaralyn

Apr 30, 2023
Seriously? Even a small update to the beta every month/half month is great IMO, especially given how consistent GB has been with it. Considering how small of an operation this is, its making great consistent progress.

You say you don't want to be ungrateful but you REALLY do sound that way.

iloveourlife

Apr 2, 2024
And yet, you did sound rude. There is literally no need for this, it's a game. The character won't get mad at this person for using 'he' pronounce when speaking about step 2, even though they identify themselves as they/he by the end.

it is that serious because it's about being respectful to the trans community as a whole and respecting the character's identity, and honestly, the only rude one here is you. if someone corrected someone misgendering a cis character, you wouldn't react this way, but when it comes to a trans character, you say it's 'just a game' or 'it isn't that serious' it doesn't matter if it's just a game—representation matters, and using the correct pronouns helps create a more inclusive environment. it allows players to connect with diverse identities and reinforces the idea that all identities deserve respect. so when you don’t use the correct pronouns, you’re essentially saying that their gender isn’t valid because you don’t want to be bothered, which is actually a form of transphobia. besides, the game literally expresses that they do get upset when their correct pronouns aren't used so i don't know why you would think that they wouldn't get mad because they would. and if i was truly being rude, i'm sorry to the original commenter even though they didn't seem to have a problem with what i said, i was honestly trying to be respectful but i do not apologize for what i am saying to you.

OAKGUYLOL1

Sep 6, 2024

dw about it they didn't come off as rude to me, I genuinely just forgot so i'm chill with the reminder. Plus Ive somehow been spelling Qiu is Qui this whole time lol

5.00 star(s) 13 Votes