Deathzazor

Mar 18, 2020
Ok so I need to this, I need to rant about Stan. Idk if Eva will see this, but she needs to hear this criticism.

STAN IS TRASH! It’s not because he’s a disgusting loser fatty who creeps on Lena. It’s that he knows he’s a loser but can’t develop a relationship with Lena unless she fucking babies him. Thats the problem with his route. All options with Stan that address his creepiness or his terrible lifestyle reduce relationship points. The idea that Stan is self aware about his problems but can’t handle anyone but himself saying anything to him about how he shouldn’t be so self-pitying is fucking asinine. His character right now serves as fetish fulfillment, because all of Lena’s ideas about him are literally just about manipulating him (sexually). You can’t advance their relationship without it being insincere from Lena. Lena understands this guy is a total loser so she literally cannot become his girlfriend no matter what options you choose, but she still is ok with making out with him.

So Stan is supposed to be an alternative to Ian? So Lena can have a) her shitty ex-boyfriend b) a guy cheating on his girl c) a limp noodle with no personality (Robert) or d) a complete fucking hikikomori shut-in loser. I guess she has Seymour too but their relationship is unbalanced cause of the power dynamic. At least in GGGB Ashley could choose between three semi-interesting guys. Lena has Ian and everyone else is a loser or dickwad. If Stan is supposed to be the second true vanilla option, something has got to change about his route. He a) cannot only be open to changing himself in chapter fucking 11. This is much too late and basically means you have to be hyper committed to Stan if you want a route with him. If he’s the secondary straight option then he should already be romanceable by the halfway mark of the game, it only takes until chapter 8 for Ian to romance Cindy/Holly. b) has to be at least 20% less of a loser (he either has to be slightly more confident, have some kind of social life or less of a slob/more attractive). If you don’t want the core of his character to change, that’s fine, but he has to offer something in a relationship with Lena. Maybe he plays D&D with a group of nerd friends and invites Lena to join. His role in her life can not simply be the cameraman. c) Lena should be allowed to be honest with Stan without Stan getting mad. Stan’s room is a mess, he’s anti-social, he spies on his crush during sex, he’s a slob and he’s fat, he doesn’t have social skills or awareness, he’s hostile to other men, and he has no friends. Worst of all he’s content. Lena being honest with him should bring them closer, not push them apart. Stan cannot go from being this type of person, never receive a wake up call, and be a viable romance option in like 2 or 3 chapters. It simply doesn’t work. Unless Eva wants to say that if you’re a fat recluse just wait for a slutty girl to move in with you and eventually she’ll fall in love with you despite you doing nothing to improve. Like fucking Perry is a loser but by now he’s already started to change. He’s working a job, dating girls and getting outside of his comfort zone. That’s fucking rad.

Ian got options bruh. All the girls he can date are at least 9s. He got a chick who straight wants his babies, a chick sick of her boring life so she’s working at a career change, a chick who makes bomb art, a chick who be doing activism and shit, a milf cheating on her husband with him, and an author extraordinaire chick. Like the women in this game are varied and have at least a little to offer.

I hope Eva doesn’t have to spend time doing yet another remaster where she goes and re-writes Stan, but she will if she doesn’t start fixing him fast. Otherwise Stan cannot be the second vanilla romance option. You don’t even need to create some new dude, introduce Lena to Wen or Yuri. Heck if she wants to date a loser she can date Perry. But can we please improve Lena’s straight options? Like it baffles me that Eva was aware of this issue a year and a half ago and her solution was to make Stan a bigger loser. Insanity.
As someone who ran the game like a sitcom, I gotta agree with this sentiment. I mainly keep two routes at this point for Ian (w/ Lena and Holly) and honestly, when Ian is with Holly, I could hardly pair Lena with anyone else... without feeling uncomfortable. I even tried Louise in my first run for Lena and the relationship was just full of red flags. I personally feel like only Lena - Ivy could vaguely makes sense for a relationship, given their history and the fact it reminded me a bit of Ash-Jess from GGGB. But until the end arrives, I won't know how it will turn out though...

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
I thought she was aware of Cherry also, because they were talking about Ian's conquests before. Also she was rather cool about Alison, but she demanded a break up with Lena. Though after reading other posts, what I think was off could be just a plot convenience because a proper breakup with Wade and dating Ian is an ending material. :unsure:
Cindy's reaction depends on what sort of relationship she has with Ian -- she only makes a request if she and Ian have a deeper relationship. If it's just an affair, then she's equally chill about Ian hooking up with Lena:
Python:
        else:
            i "Well, yeah... But I already told you it's nothing serious."
            if ian_cindy_love:
                c "Yet you say you're serious about me..."
                i "And I am."
                c "Then you should stop seeing her, don't you think?"
                call friend_xp ('cindy',-1) from _call_friend_xp_970
                i "You're right about that. I'll talk to her..."
                c "Yeah, you should."
            else:
                c "I see. Same as this, then..."
Overall, i think Cindy views Lena as much more dangerous "competition" than Alison, hence a more determined reaction -- if she's invested in her relationship with Ian, which makes it unlikely this is some sort of Axel's doing.

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
I don't remember if it is mentioned that Axel gave Cherry an impression that Lena knows about AxelxCherry (it might be the case but not mentioned). Lena straight up said Axel was involved with with Cherry way before their threesome and found out later. Just this info is available to us.
When did they have a threesome? Is that only revealed on Cherry route? Or maybe I just can't remember.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
After the last run of the Ian/Lena couple, I'm totally disappointed in Alison. The situation is this: I didn't have any sexual connection with her in the whole game, the only thing was that Jeremy sent photos and videos.
After the art gallery, Alison begins to aggressively impose on Ian, inviting him home. Okay, I agreed because I just wanted to talk like a friend about Gillian.
But it was disgusting of her to try to seduce Ian, knowing he was in a relationship with Lena and take offense after the refusal.
This is yandere maximum level, it looks like psychopathy and obsession. Probably in the next episodes, Alison will put a gun to Ian's head, demanding attention. :LOL:
I wouldn't really call it yandere level, but i agree Alison was pushy and out of the line there. Though it's not exactly unexpected, given she made quite a few attempts to catch Ian's interest in the past, and her invitation is obviously another such try, easily avoided by simply not going to her place if Ian acts responsibly. So if Ian does take her up on it, she can easily convince herself he's on board with it, hence the drunk attempt.

In my game, since i play mostly for the drama, i've decided that Ian still reeling over Gillian showing up and his earlier dream, Alison's sudden change of appearance and a night of drinking was enough of excuse to momentarily lose himself. I'm planning for him to honestly try to put a stop to it once he sobers up, but if it turns out to create complications, then all the better :sneaky:

Last edited:

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
I wouldn't really call it yandere level, but i agree Alison was pushy and out of the line there. Though it's not exactly unexpected, given she makes quite a few attempts to catch Ian's interest in the past, and her invitation is obviously another such try, easily avoided by simply not going to her place if Ian acts responsibly. So if Ian does take her up on it, she can easily convince herself he's on board with it, hence the drunk attempt.

In my game, since i play mostly for the drama, i've decided that Ian still reeling over Gillian showing up and his earlier dream, Alison's sudden change of appearance and a night of drinking was enough of excuse to momentarily lose himself. I'm planning for him to honestly try to put a stop to it once he sobers up, but if it turns out to create complications, then all the better :sneaky:
I like drama, but I like betrayal more. If both sides are cheating, it's no longer fucked up. They just deserve each other lol. That's why one party is a morally infallible person while the other is a cheating bastard on my two main runs.

noturiah

Sep 2, 2021
So, I've been playing one of my three saved routes each day, to make the update last a little longer, and now have done a quick catch-up on the ~40 pages of updates since the release. Happy to be corrected if I'm wrong, but my sense is that around 2/3rds of the comments have been overall negative towards ch11, many centering on length of gameplay, absence of significant plot development, and continued lack of any M/F scene with Ivy. And around 1/3rd have been overall positive, citing Holly corruption, a knockout Cindy and scene, and the inventiveness of things like the shower scene, Lena's mirror scene with Seymour, and Ian's naughty dream of Gillian. That's a broad impression; I know everyone will have their own particular likes and dislikes.

I find myself in the middle of things. For what is there, I liked the update quite a lot. Holly's my girl, and two of my saves are solid HollyxIan and solid Holly corruption (ie. everyone but Ian), so I was over the moon with the two IanxHolly scenes, the shower scene, and the pics with Mark - though we should've gotten more than just two. (FWIW, I didn't get the bug in my IanxHolly game where she went with Mark anyway.) The idea of HollyxRobert is a pairing I never even thought of, and now I really want it... so Holly can gain both corruption and confidence by being the too-willing sub Robert wants in bed, and then dumping him because he's a whiny bitch.

In my ChadIan playthrough, where he just wants this to be a harem game, I went with Cherry early on, partly because Alison is way too needy, partly to cockblock Perry from Cherry. (ChadIan scores with Emma and steals Cinders too, he's alpha all the way. No homo.) And I haven't seen more than a couple of posts talking about it, but I have to say I was really impressed with Cherry's social scenes in the art gallery and bar, and the long sex scene with Ian at her apartment. I like the increasing complexity of Cherry as a character, and the sex scene was very hot.

Unlike most people, I think Seymour had a stellar chapter, basically controlling Lena's entire perception of herself by the end of the mirror scene (if you play that way), to the point that Lena honestly wants to ask him to touch her, though it doesn't happen - this time. And even if your Lena rejected him a long time ago (as she does in my LenaxIan route), there's the development I should have seen coming but didn't, where Seymour approaches Ian with the initial overtures of a similar (so far non-sexual) relationship with Ian, strongly hinting that he can be handed the book contest on a platter.

But also, like most people, I felt ch11 to be "short" or at least "shorter" after the heft of ch10. No Axel or Jessica or Nat at all, Jeremy and Emma only for brief exposition stuff, treading water with Cinders (and Wade and Ian, no matter your playthrough), no advance in the MMA tourney or Ian's work for Victor or the status of the café. The barest appearance of Miranda as basically a background character. (In my HollyxIan game, she starts chatting with Holly at the end of Ivy's class, preempting Holly in the shower with Ivy entirely - Ivy and Lena have fun instead.)

One or two people have mentioned that the impression of a shorter update has more to do with the non-sex situations, and I'd agree. My take is: too many characters are in a waiting period. Ian's book is submitted but the contest won't be over until September, Holly's second book is done but not yet published, Emma's community center hasn't done another event yet. Wade's not in another tournament yet, the nebulous MMA thing doesn't seem to be on the horizon, the Wildcats situation has been decided for Cindy but (it's implied) little or nothing has started with that. Billy's big new agency plans haven't come together yet. Point being, there's not enough stuff for the characters to just talk about in ch11.

Also, there's no real group hangout, which is always good for chat. The closest thing we get is the art gallery & bar after, but that's with a very limited number of people. Where's a good game of pool at the Fortress? Where's a pizza hangout with the Cards Against Humanity knockoff game at Perry & Ian's place? Partying at Blazer? A trip to the mall? Lena writes a song in this chapter but there's no group event like a concert or a life-drawing session at the café. And I don't need a retread of those things specifically, but my point is without a real hangout somewhere in the chapter, it feels a lot more like just a string of sex setups and payoffs. And I like those. But I also like the way Eva's characters interact in a non-sexual way, and not really having that makes the chapter feel slim.

Here's the thing. I think most of us were surprised by Eva's structure to this chapter. I'd also say that's on us to adapt to and accept, not a legit way to complain about Eva or the game. We all pretty much expected that, since ch10 was the planned midpoint, what was set up in the first half would start getting resolved in the second. And I'm sure it will, just not yet, and that's thrown us. Instead of starting to consolidate and resolve plotlines (MMA, Wildcats, LenaxHolly, etc.), Eva is letting those be for now, and is laying groundwork for new minor or maybe major plots: Gillian's return, Ivy starting to come onto Ian and perhaps vice versa, Holly expanding from lesbian sex to non-Ian hetero sex, Lena's Mom's illness being more of a story thing than I think anyone expected, Ian being able to sleep with Alison even if he's been rejecting her so far, Stan maybe getting a kiss from Lena and --horrors-- the potential of a real relationship with her. Our expectations for ch11 seem to have run up against Eva's actual storytelling, but that's not on Eva, that's on us. And I include myself in that - I wanted more story progression than we got. But at the end of the day, what's here, I really like.

And I wanted to see Ivy with some guy - any guy - and utterly dominate both his ego and his dick. But during her convo with Ian, where she has all these questions for him, and observations on how he shouldn't trust this person and that person, I realized: yes, Axel and Seymour are the big bads of the game. But what if Lena tore up Axel's pictures and refused to talk with him, what if she rejected Seymour's offer? There still needs to be an antagonist - and that's Puppetmaster Ivy. She's already been showing her true colors with how she treats Holly, and Lena has been steadily given opportunities to fall into her clutches. And now she's starting to get interested, in her self-centered and deliciously evil way, in Ian as well.

Last edited:

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
I like drama, but I like betrayal more. If both sides are cheating, it's no longer fucked up. They just deserve each other lol. That's why one party is a morally infallible person while the other is a cheating bastard on my two main runs.
I feel in this particular case having one side blatantly cheating while other being Holly-level earnest would be just a repeat of what already happened to them. Which has it appeal, sure, but i went for these two to genuinely try to make things work between them, yet finding a number of hurdles in their way -- neither got over their former partner, so Lena has her axel_desire and genuinely got impressed with Seymour on top of that, while Ian indulged in his fascination with Cindy (though they broke it off afterwards) and now got tripped by Alison.

Reactions: desmosome

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
Emma's community center hasn't done another event yet
Emma's community center has literally just opened in Ch.11 (which, btw was another of these get-together events you say the chapter was lacking) so i don't think this one is particularly realistic complaint :v

the nebulous MMA thing doesn't seem to be on the horizon
Ian pays the signup fee and takes his advanced training in this chapter precisely because the MMA thing is on the horizon and about to happen really soon now.

Reactions: aifgamer and jduk

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
I did another playthrough and i discovered new little details i never knew about
For bonus points, dominant Ian has different line in that last picture, that makes Lena cum even harder.

The Pikachu thing is Eva's joke, since Lena can only pass the attribute check necessary for that option with cheats enabled.

4.60 star(s) 318 Votes