dontcarewhateverno

Engaged Member
Jan 25, 2021
They'll prolly get off on that too:BootyTime:!
Yeah... too much work. Unless I just have them say "OUCH! MY BALLS?!?" whenever Lena shows up after a black screen. I don't wanna add any art. This is all about printin $$$. :geek:

(I could also add an "I kicked him in the balls again" when showing Lena's perspective :unsure:) .

Last edited:
  • Hey there
Reactions: | Vee |

starkj

May 17, 2022
Louise isn't any better than the toxic assholes in question. In fact, she's just as toxic, if not more. The only two good options are Ian and Holly.
This, i usually avoid playing games with a Female MC because as a straight guy i just dont feel attracted to other guys obviously but even if i wanted to choose a man for her apart from Ian, i couldnt because every other male option straight up sucks so i always go for lesbian with her when i'm doing an Ian playthrough with another woman that isnt Lena.

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
This, i usually avoid playing games with a Female MC because as a straight guy i just dont feel attracted to other guys obviously but even if i wanted to choose a man for her apart from Ian, i couldnt because every other male option straight up sucks so i always go for lesbian with her when i'm doing an Ian playthrough with another woman that isnt Lena.
thats why the game becomes much more enjoyable once you pair ian up with allison or holly, then treat lena's segments as exercises in holding down ctrl.

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
If you don't self-insert, it's fun seeing all kind of men corrupting and debasing the female MC

seaoflove

Jan 31, 2023
Imo, any game that doesn't just tell the same goddamn bog standard story deserves an award. The (comparative) rarity of those honestly shows how creatively bankrupt the genre is.
The problem with that is that "Originality" Doesn't get funded most of the time. If a person makes a totally original / creative story then a lot of times you won't get funded.

It's much easier to go with:

"Alright so here is the deal. We are gonna do a harem. Dad is dead, or in prison or whatever who cares. The 3 main girls will be a cute and clingy younger sister, a bitchy older sister that will eventually come around, and a mom that loves yoga and wine."

(This is like 50 different games...)

Isn't writing subjective though? You may like it, some may like the other writing styles. Still, it was the first time that this was hosted and people are already giving feedback to make it better next time.

Can't fight against popularity though. HS-based games are famous for getting a lot of player base, I am not a fan of that type of design but I must admit. Their lewd rendering is top notch and Daz falls a bit short on that.

Also, if it eases you a bit; the games that won will not be featured in the next award ceremony. Other games will have a fighting chance and help broaden the taste and vision of fellow players.
Technically everything is "Subjective", and it is hard to "Objectively" say X is better than Y unless you are looking at it from a purely technical standpoint.

The reason why I think ORS has the best writing is:

The characters are all realistic with unexplored depth. Minor details are accounted for. It's done with 2 protagonists that must switch back and forth and the timeline must be carefully kept track of to account for the actions of multiple protagonists.

You can get a lot more content on multiple playthroughs, and you can't get everything on a single playthrough. It allows for a certain flexibility of character to be able to play the way you want to.

If I want to be a Chad & fuck all the women, and have Lena be loyal and faithful to me. The game does that...
If I want to play as a cuck and have Lena take every dick in town while she teases me. The game does that

SearingFive

Mar 26, 2020
The problem with that is that "Originality" Doesn't get funded most of the time. If a person makes a totally original / creative story then a lot of times you won't get funded.

It's much easier to go with:

"Alright so here is the deal. We are gonna do a harem. Dad is dead, or in prison or whatever who cares. The 3 main girls will be a cute and clingy younger sister, a bitchy older sister that will eventually come around, and a mom that loves yoga and wine."

(This is like 50 different games...)

Technically everything is "Subjective", and it is hard to "Objectively" say X is better than Y unless you are looking at it from a purely technical standpoint.

The reason why I think ORS has the best writing is:

The characters are all realistic with unexplored depth. Minor details are accounted for. It's done with 2 protagonists that must switch back and forth and the timeline must be carefully kept track of to account for the actions of multiple protagonists.

You can get a lot more content on multiple playthroughs, and you can't get everything on a single playthrough. It allows for a certain flexibility of character to be able to play the way you want to.

If I want to be a Chad & fuck all the women, and have Lena be loyal and faithful to me. The game does that...
If I want to play as a cuck and have Lena take every dick in town while she teases me. The game does that
What you pointed out is game design and interactive experiences. Writing on the other hand is the storytelling and conveying emotions through words. Did you feel bad for any character in the game that made you closer to them? I felt some emotion when I played LOF and the last Derek's scene in episode 10 of BADIK. I do agree that the characters in ORS are realistic compared to GGGB and much more grounded.

TM | Twisted Games

GDI Spec Ops
Dec 30, 2020
As long there are choices you're self inserting to some degree at the very least as the character is doing things according to your preference :WeSmart: and insertion varies person to person.
I find one way to look at it as the proverbial devil/angel on a characters shoulders you see sometimes in old media. You're not the character...just somebody guiding them to certain choices.

But some people prefer self insertion...whatever floats your boat, right?

4.60 star(s) 319 Votes