Turret

Forum Fanatic
Jun 23, 2017
Like ffive said about Robert, Perry is just fun to hate. I was exaggerating a bit just for laughs. Perry fulfills his role in the game, he's there to annoy and pissed off Ian but he's still a good guy that doesn't abandon his friends during bad times. You can choose to help him with Emma and/or Cherry and convince him to help with the cafe trying to make him grow up a bit and hopefully being a less annoying and useless dude (although his portrayal during the beach event doesn't show a lot of improvement for your efforts). Or you can just lose your patience with him and be mean, which also adds to the story, I love to tell him that I'm going to help him with Emma just to fuck her a few hours later, making sex with Emma hotter if you are into that.

Also, his dad being the current mayor ties him with Baluart's background plot and he will probably be significant for how Ian and Lena deal with Seymour as he's backing the other candidate for mayor.
Perry really is a "special" kind of friend to Ian and the others. While I always help him with Emma, those two simply fit together in several ways, my Ian and Lena will certainly back Seymour and his chummer when it comes to the mayor of Baluart. There has to be karmatic balance after all. ;) :)

Socrambus

Oct 28, 2019
I was nice to Perry, trying to help him get out of his comfort zone. I convinced him to help in the cafe. Gived him advices how to behave. And he can get closer to Cherry (although this is very unrealistic, because she is out of his league, it was correctly pointed out above how different they are in terms of development levels and interests). But still, during the beach event, Perry acts like a retard. And this is sad: despite the colossal branching in ORS, a huge variety in the patterns of behavior and actions of characters depending on the player's choice, Perry remains typical Perry no matter what. It's easy to hate him, but this is the fault of Eva writing.
Or maybe we, the players, did something wrong, missing some choices. Because Emma/Perry scene exist and in some conditions he can be likeable for Emma.
You also can look at that as an opportunity to roleplay your Ian as you want him to be. Even if it doesn't seem to make a big difference and Perry is still a social retard no matter what you do, you can still choose what way your Ian behaves towards his friend. Wade/Cindy relationship also seems impossible to save. But the end result being Wade and Cindy breaking up doesn't mean that it doesn't matter if your Ian tries to help their relationship or if he fucks Cindy behind Wade's back. I don't see it necessarily as bad writing, irl your behaviour defines yourself, even if you are powerless to change a situation or someone's behaviour.

Perry really is a "special" kind of friend to Ian and the others. While I always help him with Emma, those two simply fit together in several ways, my Ian and Lena will certainly back Seymour and his chummer when it comes to the mayor of Baluart. There has to be karmatic balance after all. ;) :)
I like better the opposite karmic balance: Ian fucks Emma and Ian and Lena help Perry's father to win the election and they bring down Seymour, because fuck him too.

GokutheG

Oct 20, 2022
You also can look at that as an opportunity to roleplay your Ian as you want him to be. Even if it doesn't seem to make a big difference and Perry is still a social retard no matter what you do, you can still choose what way your Ian behaves towards his friend. Wade/Cindy relationship also seems impossible to save. But the end result being Wade and Cindy breaking up doesn't mean that it doesn't matter if your Ian tries to help their relationship or if he fucks Cindy behind Wade's back. I don't see it necessarily as bad writing, irl your behaviour defines yourself, even if you are powerless to change a situation or someone's behaviour.

I like better the opposite karmic balance: Ian fucks Emma and Ian and Lena help Perry's father to win the election and they bring down Seymour, because fuck him too.
My problem with this is if the choices we make seem like it will have an impact on developing other characters but they actually don't then don't give the player the choice to begin with. False choices in games are much more annoying than having no choice to begin with. This is even more annoying after the whole drug trip where Ian meets "God" and Eva goes on about how our choices can shape other characters and she used the different versions of Jess to make that point.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
My problem with this is if the choices we make seem like it will have an impact on developing other characters but they actually don't then don't give the player the choice to begin with.
But your choices do impact other characters. Just not necessarily in the way you expected and/or want. E.g. convincing Perry to work improves his personal relationship with Ian but also, less predictably, it gives large improvement to Perry's relationship with Lena if she still works at the cafe, due to how often these two now interact.

Trying to save Wade/Cindy might ultimately still lead to Wade deciding it's best for Cindy if they break up, rather than still try to cling to his girlfriend, but it also nets Ian some attribute points he won't get otherwise. Sort of gaining life experience, if you will.

Turret

Forum Fanatic
Jun 23, 2017
Agree to disagree! Emma might be a good friend, but I never found her attractive in a "I wanna fuck her" way. As said, Emma and Perry fit together nicely.
As for the mayor, the apple does not fall far from the tree and seeing Perry we cn also see his Dad. I truly doubt he is the best option for Baluart. A nice weather politician, nothing more.

lucadiadis

May 25, 2018
Agree to disagree! Emma might be a good friend, but I never found her attractive in a "I wanna fuck her" way. As said, Emma and Perry fit together nicely.
Man, have you never watched an Abella Danger video ? Which straight male in his right mind and average testosterone would not want to bang her ?

As for the mayor, the apple does not fall far from the tree and seeing Perry we cn also see his Dad. I truly doubt he is the best option for Baluart. A nice weather politician, nothing more.
You mean he is a bad mayor because his son is a lazy jerk ? Man, you have issues.

lucadiadis

May 25, 2018
"Hmm... This game looks interesting. Kinda reminds me of that one game good girl gone bad"
> See Author: Eva Kiss
> See Related Games: Good girl gone bad

I'm already all in. This gone be good.
The best game you can ever find, I confirm.

nevt2050ptr

Oct 28, 2018
IIRC he attends quite regularly these live drawing events (like the one he asked Ian to join him) and actually practices drawing there. To be fair we don't really see how he spends most of his days, with Ian at work and elsewhere.
My memory of earlier chapter may be foggy, but wasn't there a trend when Ian comes home Perry is doing absolutely nothing, or he is playing games, drinking with Wade. From time to time he cooks something and thats it.
Intellectual connection?, from Perry?. Come on, irl the only way Perry/Cherry is happening is if she knows he's the only child of the (rich) mayor. Also, if I'm not missing anything, Perry is only an aspiring visual artist in his head, the guy does nothing but drinking beer, smoking pot, playing videogames and jerking off to girls with dicks. Cherry had an exhibition and is selling her work. I mean, she's the least interesting Ian LI to me after Minerva, but credit where credit is due. Putting the poor girl in the same category as Perry is just cruel and unusual.
Taking in the account how his behavior hasn't changed from ch.1 to ch.12, or you could even argue, that he become worse as the story progresses. And to count how, if we play Ian/Cherry we get to know, how much she needs emotional support. Perry is not the person, who in slightest could understand that situation, or provide something meaningful that could help her.

That whole intellectual connection thing is laughable to me, when you consider that Baluart is full with young people with artistic or other academics background. Then there are differences in background, and characters; Cherry is child of immigrants, who faced with narrow chance of initial success, found the job outside her education background, but still tries to create art. Even when she is full of doubt about how people don't care about her paintings, she still works hard and accomplish her first little breakthrough. Then there's Perry; little manchild of privelege wearing nostalgia googles whos only worries are prices of beer, whining about how could Cindy dare to spend time with her boyfriend and talk shit about Jeremy, Alison and Cindy.

EK wanted Cherry to mirror Lena so bad that she gave them both their own personal slob.

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
Perry is socially stunted, and a few shifts in a cafe can make some difference but won't just magically wipe a life's worth of speaking without any filter. Or maybe he simply thinks "this is what i am, accept me or leave me" which isn't exactly uncommon for plenty of (dumb) guys.

Plus, isn't it kind of like complaining that Jeremy stays a carefree womanizer or that Robert still has a short fuse and gets into fights at a drop of a hat, or that Louise gets attached to any guy that gives her attention? Some characters are simply set in their ways and i don't think it's fault of the writing. Having everyone completely moldable with just few player choices would be just like one of these silly power fantasies where everything revolves around MC and they're some sort of unstoppable world shaping force, without any real effort even. Which is just boring.
And this is very different from what we saw in GGGB, where the characters personalities varied greatly depending on our decisions. ORS here seems to be more of a kinetic in that case. Yes, we can choose different interactions with the characters, but they remain themselves. But this is not the end of the game, we'll see what happens when it's all over... in about 10 years.

UPD. I want to add that there are exceptions here. Holly can change in many different ways, as can Alison.

4.60 star(s) 320 Votes