xgrotesc

Sep 8, 2016
Considering Robert still has a fully-fledged route and consistently gets new scenes, some with exciting premise, means that Eva still enjoys writing for him, even if he only has 1.5 fans. If she adjusted her game every time to please all of her fans, Robert's route would just get scrapped and be ended prematurely because objectively it's the waste of time and resources.
I got say, that from a writer's view point Robert is a brilliant character and I totally understand why Eva not only enjoy's writing him, but how it would be a complete waste to quickly toss him aside. He's not a character that's meant to be liked, but the amount of nuances needed to get him to be unlikeble, but at the same time show that all of that is rooted in his own insecurities, making not exactly a villain but just some douche that actually feels real... That's not easy, not easy at all. My hat's off to her!

What'sNew

Oct 20, 2021
any information about the update development? Pictures? Plot? Clues?
I'd say we will be getting v0.9 revised before v.10 since Eva did make a post about making a definitive version of the game's current chapters.

She will be revisiting past scenes and changing them, sometimes even redrawing a scene completely. Also Stan will be getting a overhaul which I assume is more nuanced than anything she has ever changed so far. So my guess is chapter 10 will be pushed back even further.

Echbert

Jun 21, 2018
I got say, that from a writer's view point Robert is a brilliant character and I totally understand why Eva not only enjoy's writing him, but how it would be a complete waste to quickly toss him aside. He's not a character that's meant to be liked, but the amount of nuances needed to get him to be unlikeble, but at the same time show that all of that is rooted in his own insecurities, making not exactly a villain but just some douche that actually feels real... That's not easy, not easy at all. My hat's off to her!
Is that not the same with Alison though?

Zedire

Jun 3, 2018
That doesn't add up. In order for it to be .10, version 9 should've been .09 and not 0.90. I think it's 1.0 and it will continue untill 2.0. Apparently Eva said after 10th chapter, there will be a timeskip or something so it makes sense v2.0 will be different from v1.0
I get what you're saying, but as I understand it, '1.0' is only used as a label when a game is completed, in terms of the entire main storyline being playable from start to finish, but not necessarily inluding any additional content that could be added on top, big fixes, etc. This game isn't anywhere close to that point. Because of that I'm pretty chapter 10 will be 0.10.

lifegetsweird

Jan 22, 2020
That doesn't add up. In order for it to be .10, version 9 should've been .09 and not 0.90. I think it's 1.0 and it will continue untill 2.0. Apparently Eva said after 10th chapter, there will be a timeskip or something so it makes sense v2.0 will be different from v1.0
Mathematically speaking you would be right, but that's just not how it works in gamedev and software development in general. Usually, releases follow a set pattern such as X.Y.Z, where X only changes when the game is released, Y changes at every major update, and Z changes for hotfixes or smaller updates. Each number can go up way past 10 so it's not weird to see a software version 0.23.2, for example.

Zedire

Jun 3, 2018
I wasn't really sure whether I should post this cos it's pretty critical and might rub some people up the wrong way, but I figured what the hell. This is just my personal impression of a part of chapter 9 that... didn't really work for me.

I'm one of the ones who likes Allison, but I felt pretty disappointed by Ian and Allison's weekend away. Maybe I just imagined it a bit differently, and/or was too hyped after the wait for chapter 9's release so thought too deeply into it, but...

I didn't really like how critical Allison was of Ian's actions during the sex. Don't even get me started on her saying she wanted one thing but meaning something else entirely (in regards to the 'cum inside me') it may have been roleplay but that was just stupid - that sort of thing is already annoying enough when people do it in real life. All the fault she was finding killed the mood.

I also felt like she was dictating how things were meant to go to a degree that didn't really feel consistent with the way she acted in previous scenes (more submissive, and more eager to please, I guess?). Not that a person can't change, or rather, reveal more of their character as they grow more comfortable with a partner, but this felt like a bit much at once. I was also slightly bummed that Ian couldn't take control and continue with the whole dom/sub angle that it had had in the 'barking' scene (which was a fun surprise back then). That's a personal preference, but it felt strange not to have the option considering the scenes before.

But more then anything I really didn't like how Ian brought up anal and Allison said 'I don't have lube', so he just goes in dry. No. No no no. Why were we never given the chance to say, 'you know what, let's wait until we have lube before we try it'. We could also choose the alternative, but for god's sake, give me the option there! Like, what the hell?

I mean, Allison was already weird about anal before that, so her deciding to try it if Ian asks was a pretty big deal, so why the hell would Ian mess it up by not using lube and so ensuring it's gonna be a horrible experience for her? It also felt kind of out of character for Ian to just go ahead with it anyway, considering he's always been a pretty empathetic character who has gone out of his way to ensure his partner was having a good time in bed -- even on the occasions when he acted more dominant -- whilst never coming across as weak-willed (something that I loved about his character). He always seemed to know how to please whomever he was with. To me the tone felt really off with most of that sex, and the anal bit was the worst. It actually made me clench my butthole in discomfort just from reading it. TMI, but there you go. lol.

IDK, I'm still working it through in my head, but the whole weekend just felt really unsexy and off-putting to me. I also was looking forward to a bit more personal connection between Ian and Allison beyond the sex (and beyond Allison's complaining), but there wasn't really any of that.

I'm not sure if it was just how it came across to me, whether I just had too-high expectations (which could well be the case, I do tend to drive my expectations up pretty high when I wait), or if others may have felt that way too. It's hard to feel enthused about the pairing after that though, especially because I felt like the chemistry between them there felt forced in comparison to how natural it was starting to feel before that, where Ian was finally getting comfortable with sleeping with someone he'd previously only looked at as a friend.

All I know is that I didn't come away from that weekend with the same optimism both of the characters obviously felt.

What'sNew

Oct 20, 2021
I felt like the chemistry between them there felt forced in comparison to how natural it was starting to feel before that
To be fair the chemistry between Ian and Alison has always been that Ian is a great listener which is what Alison really needs in her current situation. Other than that Ian doesn't really talk much in their interactions.

I don't hate it, I like that it differentiates it from his interactions with Holly and Lena, but I think it's high time they talk about something else other than annoying exes, or career aspirations. There is no music talk, or nerd talk, just complains and complains.

I liked that Ian could play pool with Cindy, or play games with the gang together with Holly, or walk in the park with Lena. Alison just needs some of that and I'm gucci. It seemed that the weekend trip was the prefect opportunity for that, but it wasn't. Like they couldn't even do the shopping together? Come on, that was teased in an earlier chapter and Eva didn't even do it.

Nov 15, 2020
Yeah, I think some people forget that Eva Kiss isn't as gullible as they think she is. If she's certain about doing a particular thing, she will, regardless if it causes an outrage. People following this thread long enough remember at least a couple of such instances. Yes, sometimes, she can see the critique when it really has merit and then she might adjust some things so the narrative and characters feel more consistent. But if the complaints are purely taste-based, then she would always choose to do the thing SHE likes instead, even if it means losing some fans. Considering Robert still has a fully-fledged route and consistently gets new scenes, some with exciting premise, means that Eva still enjoys writing for him, even if he only has 1.5 fans. If she adjusted her game every time to please all of her fans, Robert's route would just get scrapped and be ended prematurely because objectively it's the waste of time and resources. But it's Eva's game, and she will do anything to improve it for herself first and foremost. No other person can influence her development process, at least not enough to make her revisit all 9 chapters.
And no matter if people like Stan or not, the bigger problem is that Eva doesn't know what to do with him. She's clearly got a plan for Robert, shown by the amount of scenes he's getting. I've also seen people point out that Jeremy is as much of a trope as Stan—which is true—but Jeremy's few traits are enough for Eva to write a bunch of scenes and involve him in a lot of potential character development for both Ian and Lena. For Stan the same obviously hasn't worked out.

I think it's visible in the game that Eva has struggled to find Stan's role: from a socially awkward nerd, to a creepy dude masturbating to Lena, to a comic relief character with the trenchcoat and fedora outfit and the "school shooter" comments, to a more genuinely nice, but shy guy who takes care of Lola while Lena's away. I suspect the last one will be closest to the rewritten version, and it doesn't really work together with some of his previous scenes.

Concerning the discussion about Stan as photographer: I agree that it's not ideal if every guy in the game is a photographer. But Stan's an amateur, and my guess is that such a route might only be available if Lena rejects Seymour, and the other photographers won't work with her. It's also interesting that the first reworked illustration is from one of Stan's photoshoots with Lena. The composition and lighting are way better in the new version. As that illustration seems to follow the camera's point of view, I think it points to both Stan still taking pictures of Lena, and him being at least slightly more talented.

Zedire

Jun 3, 2018
To be fair the chemistry between Ian and Alison has always been that Ian is a great listener which is what Alison really needs in her current situation. Other than that Ian doesn't really talk much in their interactions.

I don't hate it, I like that it differentiates it from his interactions with Holly and Lena, but I think it's high time they talk about something else other than annoying exes, or career aspirations. There is no music talk, or nerd talk, just complains and complains.

I liked that Ian could play pool with Cindy, or play games with the gang together with Holly, or walk in the park with Lena. Alison just needs some of that and I'm gucci. It seemed that the weekend trip was the prefect opportunity for that, but it wasn't. Like they couldn't even do the shopping together? Come on, that was teased in an earlier chapter and Eva didn't even do it.
Yeah, you pretty much hit the nail on the head. In relation to doing the shopping together, I assume you mean shopping for outfits? Because I recall thinking exactly the same thing. It would have been a prime opportunity for Allison to try on the lingerie she later wore in the bedroom, model it for him in the change room and tease him a bit, and then result in a quickie right there in said change room, maybe even almost getting caught (having people walking by just outside).

But even sex aside, it would be nice for them to have a non-sex related activity to do together, and NOT one where Allison talks about her work or her ex or complains about something else. Just enjoy the moment together, share a laugh over something, or even tentatively talk about what she'd like to do with him in future in regards to their relationship (although that could be saved for a little later). Also, it would be nice if Allison actually showed some interest in Ian's career, too. Make things a little less one-sided in the conversation department.

The whole weekend just felt shallow and rushed for the most part (to me). It didn't really allow either of the characters to endear themselves to the reader or each other by going a little deeper into their thoughts and personalities.

Dilshad Klein

Jul 24, 2018
O
Mathematically speaking you would be right, but that's just not how it works in gamedev and software development in general. Usually, releases follow a set pattern such as X.Y.Z, where X only changes when the game is released, Y changes at every major update, and Z changes for hotfixes or smaller updates. Each number can go up way past 10 so it's not weird to see a software version 0.23.2, for example.
Oh I didn't know this. Thanks for the info

BloodyMares

Dec 4, 2017
For anyone curious about the state of the walkthrough, you can read my latest free Patreon post and I invite everyone to vote on the poll here:

For those who want to have something right now, I released the Chapter 9 sneak-peek (scene guide for Ian) for my $5 patrons, and you can check it out here:

Echbert

Jun 21, 2018
Yeah, you pretty much hit the nail on the head. In relation to doing the shopping together, I assume you mean shopping for outfits? Because I recall thinking exactly the same thing. It would have been a prime opportunity for Allison to try on the lingerie she later wore in the bedroom, model it for him in the change room and tease him a bit, and then result in a quickie right there in said change room, maybe even almost getting caught (having people walking by just outside).

But even sex aside, it would be nice for them to have a non-sex related activity to do together, and NOT one where Allison talks about her work or her ex or complains about something else. Just enjoy the moment together, share a laugh over something, or even tentatively talk about what she'd like to do with him in future in regards to their relationship (although that could be saved for a little later). Also, it would be nice if Allison actually showed some interest in Ian's career, too. Make things a little less one-sided in the conversation department.

The whole weekend just felt shallow and rushed for the most part (to me). It didn't really allow either of the characters to endear themselves to the reader or each other by going a little deeper into their thoughts and personalities.
Feels like Alison as a character is intentionally trying to control the relationship and keep it within a certain "phase". It's clear she desperately wants to be with Ian, her reactions to pretty much anything he does make that clear, and even her intial convos with him vs Jeremy were different(Jeremy was as well.... a dick, but she was much more cautious with Ian), but she seems to put on this front in an effort to maintain control of things. Think if their relationship can evolve Ian needs to call her out, and the weekend trip in my opinion would have been perfect:

"Ian expects more but Alison still treats it as business as usual, so he calls her out and lets her know that he genuinely wants to be with "her", which throws her off but obviously gets her thinking "doki-doki"

something similar to Cindy when she started pulling away and putting up walls. Think it could have shifted things into something more wholesome, while also creating this new sense of intrigue with seeing her in her "natural" environment(so more organic, laid back convos, learning about her hobbies, her taking a more genuine interest in Ian). I wonder if Eva is starting to lose interest in the character or has a different plan than expected.

4.60 star(s) 316 Votes