Ceesko

Engaged Member
Jun 3, 2017
I can only imagine that Eva would make this decision because Lena's part is nowhere near being completed, meaning that she would have nothing to deliver for several months if she didn't split the chapter. Otherwise, this doesn't really make any sense to me.

Honestly, at this point I think it's safe to say that it was a colossal mistake to have to main characters. It is clear that it is just causing massive development struggles, with no significant benefit to show for it.
Yes, if the chapter is not split, the new update will come out in January next year. This decision was not made lightly, despite the many people opposing it (I don't know why). If Lena chapter was released before Ian, would it have been fine then? I don't care either way.

BlandChili

Dec 15, 2020
Yes, if the chapter is not split, the new update will come out in January next year. This decision was not made lightly, despite the many people opposing it (I don't know why). If Lena chapter was released before Ian, would it have been fine then? I don't care either way.
I would play Lena's content, because that's what I'm mainly interested in. Still, it would feel somewhat disconnected from the rest of the narrative without Ian's story in there, that doesn't change despite my preference.

Tallyhoe

Feb 21, 2019
Haven’t the parts in previous chapters been switching back and forth between Ian and Lena in the same chapter?
We didn’t just do Ian all they way then Lena or vice versa right? They complement each other and it’s fun to see how your action affects the other side rightaway.

I think it’s a mistake splitting POV. It devalues her vision of the game, and sounds like a half arse, literally, solution to the problem.

Last edited:

Ceesko

Engaged Member
Jun 3, 2017
Haven’t the parts in previous chapters been switching back and forth between Ian and Lena in the same chapter?
We didn’t just do Ian all they way then Lena or vice versa right?

I think it’s a mistake spliting.
What? I don't think this happened. You would usually finish one perspective and move on to the next?

Doppelgang

Jul 5, 2022
That’s certainly a surprising turn of events, even though we knew that Ian’s part would probably come first in full.

I think the most important question is this: Does Chapter 10 have only one change of perspective between Ian/Lena because that’s how Eva wanted it, or is that decision instead taken to be able to split the release?

If it’s the former alternative, I don’t see it as a big issue, and it sounds like a decent timing for such an experiment. Even though it takes away some of the charm of the double protagonist experience.

But if it’s the latter, I think it’s a really bad idea. Messing up the structure of the story to push out releases would probably both make the story weaker and the development more difficult later on.

TR Eva hasn't yet started working on the writing of Lena chapter. If it takes the same amount of time as Ian's, it would take 4-5 months at the least.
I think you’re overestimating how much time that’s actually been spent on writing. The final version of the remaster was released at the end of April, and a significant amount of the following weeks was spent on storyboarding and planning the script (if we’re going by the Patreon posts).

As today’s report also states, all the art is drawn, and just needs some editing to the coloured versions. So I think it’s fair to assume that a lot of work is already done on Lena’s part, and it’s first and foremost the writing that remains. Meaning the last part of the chapter has a good chance of being released significantly faster than the first part.

Arata20

Jan 14, 2018
As today’s report also states, all the art is drawn, and just needs some editing to the coloured versions. So I think it’s fair to assume that a lot of work is already done on Lena’s part, and it’s first and foremost the writing that remains. Meaning the last part of the chapter has a good chance of being released significantly faster than the first part.
Based on the context, it most likely means that only the drawings of Ian's path done. You don't need to reassure yourself. You will have to wait another 3-4 months for a full update, if not more.

Reactions: SunSh1neBRUH

JohnnyKiss

Oct 1, 2017
View attachment 1961510

Hi guys,

After my week off I've kept working at chapter 10 and I'm almost done with Ian's part. All that's left is to finish a couple scenes and revise everything, adding and correcting when needed. The art's all drawn and I've been editing the colored versions, producing some of the final illustrations.

As I keep trying to push the pace, manage all the aspects of the project and the business and keep the final quality to the standard you're used to, I struggle between taking my time and rushing, and as you know, I always feel like I'm lagging behind. My goal is to provide the best game I can, but also to keep you entertained with content, and I hate feeling I'm taking too long.

Some of you suggested in the past that I could release the chapters in two separate blocks, since Ian and Lena have parallel story lines. It's not the way I envisioned it, but you guys deserve some content and I've decided that's the way I'll do it for Chapter 10. This way you'll be able to play Ian's part of the chapter during August, and I can also share with you the results of all the work that we've been doing during these past weeks.

I'll finish writing everything this week and keep working on finalizing the art, then all that's left would be to playtest and iron out all the bugs. Hopefully you can enjoy all the new scenes and story developments, and Lena's part should be coming shortly after.

Thanks again for your support and I hope you'll enjoy what's coming :)

-----
This just sounds terrible. All of it. Ian's part still hasn't been finished while we were under the impression it has been done almost a month ago (can't remember exact time the "weekly" update was posted). Not only that but the game will be split into two parts with Ian and Lena's perspectives being released separately, which wouldn't be a problem if their perspectives didn't shift from day to day.

I wonder how this will impact the game-play... All in all, I'm still going to play Ian's part, despite preferring Lena's story like 80% of the players, but you bet I'm going to replay it once Lena's part is out for the full experience in December.

I hope this is just "one time thing", an experiment to see how it goes. Here's hoping it doesn't stick.

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
I won't play next semi-update and I don't think it's a good idea. First I'm more interested in Lena's story than Ian's. Then some decisions on Lena's side impact Ian (and explain how she reacts towards him) and vice versa. Is there none of that? It would require a replay of the chapter anyway when Lena's part is out

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
lol wow hahahahaha please... are you serious ? so now it's actually the "screamers" fault that after months of waiting and the update is nowhere near finished that she wants to release "half" of it to buy herself more time.... you're a regular laugh riot.
You have already been argued a thousand times why the development time has increased. They said the updates got bigger and bigger, more lines of code, more art, better graphics, a lot more work... You don't want to listen to anything.
Keep yelling about the "lazy developer". It's absolutely the fault of you whiners that she's releasing Episode 10 Part One instead of the full one in three months. Because crying kids want an update right now. Okay, cre more.

if it doesn't bother you to wait till you're old and can no longer have an erection then be my guest but that doesn't make it "okay".
Do you judge by yourself? Does that mean it will happen soon for you? Haha, I'm still too young for this to happen with me, boomer.

Last edited:

Doppelgang

Jul 5, 2022
Based on the context, it most likely means that only the drawings of Ian's path done. You don't need to reassure yourself. You will have to wait another 3-4 months for a full update, if not more.
Eva’s always done most of the work with the drawings early on in the development process—which seems necessary as the art then goes to the colourist before Eva lays the final touch on them. According to the status reports, she had completed 42 drawings a few weeks into the development cycle, and as the latest updates have had about 100 illustrations, I think it’s safe to assume that far more than 50 percent has been done by now.

I’m not trying to reassure myself or anyone else, I’m just looking at what we know and can make qualified guesses from. I think that’s more helpful than just throwing out a estimate and over-confidently acting like it’s some kind of undeniable fact.

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
This is a bad decision. Desperation reeks from that update.

I feel really bad for her, I do. Her ambition grew beyond her skill level and she bit off more than she could chew. She needs external help desperately.
She already has a colorist for the art. I have the impression that Eva's biggest problem is writing. She needs a good writer to help with plot points where she's stuck and give fresh ideas.
Well, given the amount of art that is growing all the time, she needs another visual master. This is a 2D game and unfortunately the rendering computers are powerless here, as in many 3D novels.
And so I agree with many, the decision to split the game is bad.

JoJoPool

Nov 19, 2017
You have already been argued a thousand times why the development time has increased. They said the updates got bigger and bigger, more lines of code, more art, better graphics, a lot more work... You don't want to listen to anything.
Keep yelling about the "lazy developer". It's absolutely the fault of you whiners that she's releasing Episode 10 Part One instead of the full one in three months. Because crying kids want an update right now. Okay, cre more.

Do you judge by yourself? Does that mean it will happen soon for you? Haha, I'm still too young for this to happen with me, boomer.
i don't think she decided to do that because of the "whiners" but she's releasing it in parts because she feels guilty and doesn't want to make us wait anymore....
I'm crying ? no you're the one crying i'm just laughing... and if it upsets you so much then just don't play it and wait for Lena's part like a good boy. why are you blaming other people ??

boomer !!! hahahahah nope sorry just a struggling millenial

Last edited:

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
i don't think she's decided to do that because of the "whiners" but she's releasing it parts because she feels guilty and doesn't want to make us wait anymore....
I'm crying ? no you're the one crying i'm just laughing... and if it upsets you so much then just don't play it and wait for Lena's part like a good boy. why are you blaming other people ??

boomer !!! hahahahah nope sorry i'm just a young guy with cancer.
> You crying
> NOOO IT'S NOT ME ITS YOU CRYING!
Good line. Keep pretending it works:LOL:
Who says I'm an upset? Splitting a game where the gameplay is based on two main characters is a bad idea, don't you understand that? They are story-bound together, how will they interact? Will it break history? Of course I will play this Part 1 and see what she has in mind for Episode 10 and how it all works.
Okay, so who is she feeling guilty about? Because people were rushing to release it. This "where's the update" circlejerking is going here on F95, I think it's the same on her Discord.

JoJoPool

Nov 19, 2017
> You crying
> NOOO IT'S NOT ME ITS YOU CRYING!
Good line. Keep pretending it works:LOL:
Who says I'm an upset? Splitting a game where the gameplay is based on two main characters is a bad idea, don't you understand that? They are story-bound together, how will they interact? Will it break history? Of course I will play this Part 1 and see what she has in mind for Episode 10 and how it all works.
Okay, so who is she feeling guilty about? Because people were rushing to release it. This "where's the update" circlejerking is going here on F95, I think it's the same on her Discord.
go back and read the status report, she said "I hated feeling i'm taking too long" "i always feel like i'm lagging behind" "you guys deserve some content", it doesn't seem to me that it's because of the crying that she split it. so don't jump the gun and start pointing fingers.
I never said it was a good or bad idea i'll just have to wait and see, but i do feel relieved after reading the lastest report because it proved to me that Eva still cares about ORS.

Last edited:

Arata20

Jan 14, 2018
she said "I hated feeling i'm taking too long" "i always feel like i'm lagging behind" "you guys deserve some content", it doesn't seem to me that it's because of the crying that she split it
Very similar to
MagnificentSameDrafthorse-size_restricted.gif

It seems to me that everything is much simpler. EK is afraid that due to such a long pause between updates, patrons will simply start to go away.

p.s. i guess my message will be deleted soon, because some people here like to complain about someone else's opinion :censored:

4.60 star(s) 309 Votes