JohnnyKiss

Oct 1, 2017
So as proof that Eva took two weeks off, you refer to a post where she says she took … one week off? While the “few days off” I mentioned—a direct quote from the Patreon post the week before—is “lying” and “bullshit”? That’s some solid reasoning. Well, thanks for confirming it was just something you made up, then.
"I also said 2 weeks because that's how long she hasn't posted any status updates before dropping the news of her being at a book fair ( posted on July 8th and the next one was posted on July 22nd)."

I swear, some people on here just refuse to acknowledge reality.

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
Hopefully she comes up with a more reasonable work schedule instead of a erratic one my bros. Aside from her writers block and constant vacations/weddings, if she has a pattern and a deadline she puts on herself, that can probably alleviate these problems. Here's to hoping she sticks to a schedule my bros. And at least we got AOA academys new chapter coming out soon!!
That's not the way art works. Writers write when they can write, and stop when they can't write. It happens to all writers.

EK has bought a metric to of cred by completing more complex game and getting a second to this point. I am positive that she's not trying to milk anyone and would much rather have product out there being praised than have it sitting half-finished on her computer.

Doppelgang

Jul 5, 2022
"I also said 2 weeks because that's how long she hasn't posted any status updates before dropping the news of her being at a book fair ( posted on July 8th and the next one was posted on July 22nd)."

I swear, some people on here just refuse to acknowledge reality.
Last post on this topic from me, because this is getting ridiculous and is not really about ORS anymore.

Did Eva take two weeks off? Well, she wrote that she was taking “a few days off” in one update (July 22nd), then in the next update she referred to it as “my week off” (August 2nd). Maybe she decided to take a few more days off than she first planned, or maybe it was around five days and both “a few days off” and “my week off” seemed precise enough. Who knows. But that's the information we've got available if we're trying to establish the reality that you, true enough, point out that someone’s having a hard time acknowledging.

I assume you mean that she spent all the time between July 8th and July 22nd on vacation because no status update was posted during that time. But that's just an assumption you make, that rests on the premises that 1) she started her vacation more or less directly after the July 8th update (don’t know what you’re basing that on), and 2) Eva is honest about having some time off, but is lying about the length of the vacation (interesting theory). (For the simplicity of things, let’s not bother about the “using this away time to make some much needed work on the structure of the story” quote, which doesn’t sound particularly vacation-like either.)

So when you’re wondering why someone is “acting as if the dev didn't spend 2 weeks on a vaccation just a month ago”, as you wrote in the original comment, it might just be this: It’s not “reality”, but just an assumption you’ve made on a set of not particularly convincing premises.

boxeador23mg

Mar 1, 2019
I just think she needs to give out time taking tasks, to other people. Like she mentioned in this last update the (programmer). And other things, she might enjoy drawing and writing. Then give out the rest of it to speed things up. Focusing on what your good/like and let others help out, after all the wait is and process is taking a tow on her work (she's constantly complaining about tasks taking too long), it only hurts everyone, her and the fans.

JohnnyKiss

Oct 1, 2017
Last post on this topic from me, because this is getting ridiculous and is not really about ORS anymore.
So when you’re wondering why someone is “acting as if the dev didn't spend 2 weeks on a vaccation just a month ago”, as you wrote in the original comment, it might just be this: It’s not “reality”, but just an assumption you’ve made on a set of not particularly convincing premises.
posted on July 8th says, and I quote: " I'm finishing writing Ian's part, one major scene and a few secondary ones remain, and I'll start writing Lena's part as soon as I'm done with that."

posted on August 2nd (25 days later) says, and I quote: " After my week off I've kept working at chapter 10 and I'm almost done with Ian's part."

So tell me again, how is it not "reality"? How come she still hasn't finished Ian's part 25 days after saying she is "finishing writing Ian's part?"

dontcarewhateverno

Engaged Member
Jan 25, 2021
posted on July 8th says, and I quote: " I'm finishing writing Ian's part, one major scene and a few secondary ones remain, and I'll start writing Lena's part as soon as I'm done with that."

posted on August 2nd (25 days later) says, and I quote: " After my week off I've kept working at chapter 10 and I'm almost done with Ian's part."

So tell me again, how is it not "reality"? How come she still hasn't finished Ian's part 25 days after saying she is "finishing writing Ian's part?"
I take it you don't do creative work, especially in the case of fiction writing.

Tallyhoe

Feb 21, 2019

you know Ian’s part doesn’t only consist of writing, right? There‘re drawing, illustration, coding etc?

_Zebra_

Jun 24, 2017

You might as well throw this is in:
posted on May 27th: "Right now I've completed around 70 drawings, and I have the feeling that's only half of the final count."
posted on September 12th: "I have 80+ illustrations with it's variations finished, and the final count will be around 120 I think."
So besides editing the colored drawings and adding the needed layers for different variations, not much happened in the art department. Between May and September, most of the work went into writing.

"There was this big scene that had been giving me trouble for a few weeks now, and I finally managed to finish it. I really got stuck with this one and I think it's been the hardest one to write thus far, for several reasons, one of them being it's mechanical complexity."

TheBigWater

Sep 24, 2019
I feel like dev have already almosst all arts she wanted to draw. So now we are waiting for story writing and and programmer to do his thing. I bet the update will be late October

BlackIsBetter

Jul 22, 2022
Oh God, still no update? Is the dev having trouble
Again with the vague statements. Why not? Why does it not work like that? You are telling me the Dev managed to previously release an entire Chapter under two months but she can't finish the finishing touch on Ian's part for 25 days?

You don't need to be "paid-professional" (which Eva isn't) and "of quality" to understand the creative writing process. In fact, if you were a paid-professional then you'd understand that your job depends on you delivering your work on time. Eva has been lacking.
The only explanation is that Dev is having trouble writing it. Either that or she is being lazy but I doubt our Eva would do that. The lack of accountability and a deadline is probably what lets her stagnante so much.

ArcherHades46

Jan 13, 2022
Since we have been waiting for a long time, there should be a lot of content, respectively, she, as I understand it, wants to surprise us, she is hiking and waiting for something interesting.

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
People need to understand that this story has reached the hardest part of any story for any writer: the story has reached its final growth and now must be shrunk to its conclusion. That means decided how to tie off story lines, which is much trickier than creating the story lines. Payoffs have to be satisfying, and that's hard to do, one storyline after another.

Hell, George RR Martin is one of the most acclaimed fantasy writers of modern times, and he hasn't figured out how to resolve the story lines in ASOIAF after a decade of trying. JRR Tolkien was defeated for more than a year by this task. ORS doesn't have a story that complicated, but the principal is clear: closing a story is hard.

I'm in favor of giving EK all the time in the world to pull that off, because the alternative is what we saw in the Game of Thrones TV show. People who claim to be creative writers who fail to grasp this idea likely are not creative at all.

JohnnyKiss

Oct 1, 2017
People need to understand that this story has reached the hardest part of any story for any writer: the story has reached its final growth and now must be shrunk to its conclusion. That means decided how to tie off story lines, which is much trickier than creating the story lines. Payoffs have to be satisfying, and that's hard to do, one storyline after another.

Hell, George RR Martin is one of the most acclaimed fantasy writers of modern times, and he hasn't figured out how to resolve the story lines in ASOIAF after a decade of trying. JRR Tolkien was defeated for more than a year by this task. ORS doesn't have a story that complicated, but the principal is clear: closing a story is hard.

I'm in favor of giving EK all the time in the world to pull that off, because the alternative is what we saw in the Game of Thrones TV show. People who claim to be creative writers who fail to grasp this idea likely are not creative at all.
This game is far from its conclusion. The story barely just started and there are still a lot of characters who still have a role to play.

JohnnyKiss

Oct 1, 2017
I disagree. The story is reaching plot climaxes and now we are going to see resolutions. EK is no longer building up (major) plot lines, but is starting to pay them off.
How? Lena only started playing into Seymour's hands and she only now "got back" with Axel. Stan has no role so far outside of being a creep, Ivy and Ed are just there, in the background.

Ian only recently started his affair with Cindy, the whole tournament thing is going nowhere for now and only just in Chapter 9 did Ian even get a chance to get into the relationship with Lena.

4.60 star(s) 312 Votes