Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022

Hi everyone,
Chapter 10 was finally released and the is currently available for +10€ patrons, ad will be made accessible to +5€ patrons this next Wednesday. Work hasn't stopped however, so I thought a status report was in order.
After the alpha was released me and my team have been revising the update and solving bugs plus adding some polish and enhancements. Lara did a great work with the gallery and Mares checked the script thoroughly, and once again I must commend their help and contributions, so if you see them on give them some props for making this release possible :)
I've also finished drawing all the illustrations for the new scene, plus a few additional images I wanted to include or enhance. While they're in the hands of my colourist, I've started writing the scene, and I'd say I'm about 50% done. The final release of Chapter 10 will release as soon as this scene is finished, and I also want to include a couple additions that will enhance the story development.
Aside from that, I started working on Chapter 11 as soon as the Alpha released, planning the chapter's structure and defining which scenes will take place. This part of the process is vital and it's getting especially tricky, but so far I've sketched quite a convincing structure for this next chapter, and I will push forward to have it ready as soon as possible.
On the business side of things, I've also started planning the Steam release, which has been on the works for more than a year. A lot of things had to be ready (that's why the rework of the first 9 chapters had to be done at that time) and now's the moment to move forward with that, which entails quite a lot of tasks and changes which will be discussed in a future post. However, my priority is always progressing the upcoming chapter.
I'm also looking to expand the team, still searching for an artist who can help with the drawings (none of the ones I've used to date are up to my quality standards), and also investing some time looking into new technologies that can help speed up the graphical aspect of the game. This new scene will already implement some of those. So, as you can see, a lot going on with ORS' development. I'm already eager to deliver new content, and hopefully at a quicker pace, but quality will always be my main priority.
And speaking about this mysterious new scene, the featured character will be revealed in my next post, so stay tuned for that. Any bets on who it could be?
Looks like I'll have to go through the whole Episode 10 again after release of the final version.

• Sad
Reactions: Kovir123

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
Looks like I'll have to go through the whole Episode 10 again after release of the final version.
Probably a good idea in any case, to reduce the risk of save file becoming incompatible with the game when update for subsequent chapter lands, due to changes in the script etc.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
man, really wish the dev would have hired an animator for round two. Wasn't the first game fairly financially successful?
They actually have some people helping them with art production for this game, vs doing it single-handedly as it was the case with the previous one. Which is why it's not taking longer to produce updates.

Reactions: pavlogrk

Reaurt

Nov 25, 2017
I'm also looking to expand the team, still searching for an artist who can help with the drawings (none of the ones I've used to date are up to my quality standards), and also investing some time looking into new technologies that can help speed up the graphical aspect of the game. This new scene will already implement some of those. So, as you can see, a lot going on with ORS' development. I'm already eager to deliver new content, and hopefully at a quicker pace, but quality will always be my main priority.
And speaking about this mysterious new scene, the featured character will be revealed in my next post, so stay tuned for that. Any bets on who it could be?
I thought she had found a new artist to help with the drawings, but looks like that one didn't pass muster.

New technologies, eh? Modified AI art? Is it time for Lena of the Nightmare Fingers?

Reactions: Tunak23

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
They actually have some people helping them with art production for this game, vs doing it single-handedly as it was the case with the previous one. Which is why it's not taking longer to produce updates.
It would be sad to lose the save, a lot of time was spent on the game. Worst scenario ever.

JoJoPool

Nov 19, 2017

Hi everyone,
Chapter 10 was finally released and the is currently available for +10€ patrons, ad will be made accessible to +5€ patrons this next Wednesday. Work hasn't stopped however, so I thought a status report was in order.
After the alpha was released me and my team have been revising the update and solving bugs plus adding some polish and enhancements. Lara did a great work with the gallery and Mares checked the script thoroughly, and once again I must commend their help and contributions, so if you see them on give them some props for making this release possible :)
I've also finished drawing all the illustrations for the new scene, plus a few additional images I wanted to include or enhance. While they're in the hands of my colourist, I've started writing the scene, and I'd say I'm about 50% done. The final release of Chapter 10 will release as soon as this scene is finished, and I also want to include a couple additions that will enhance the story development.
Aside from that, I started working on Chapter 11 as soon as the Alpha released, planning the chapter's structure and defining which scenes will take place. This part of the process is vital and it's getting especially tricky, but so far I've sketched quite a convincing structure for this next chapter, and I will push forward to have it ready as soon as possible.
On the business side of things, I've also started planning the Steam release, which has been on the works for more than a year. A lot of things had to be ready (that's why the rework of the first 9 chapters had to be done at that time) and now's the moment to move forward with that, which entails quite a lot of tasks and changes which will be discussed in a future post. However, my priority is always progressing the upcoming chapter.
Looks like Eva is back with full force, I'm quite happy with these news and i wish she stays motivated and dedicated

KristopheH

Mar 8, 2018

Hi everyone,
Oh good. So we shouldn't have to wait too much longer for Chapter 10 - Now Without Missing Content.
Seriously, this Alpha/Beta/Final release method is so irritating. It's either play the new chapter while it's incomplete, or run into spoilers while you wait for the complete version.

• Haha
Reactions: SerHawkes

Bishop Robert

Feb 14, 2018
I never understood the idea of having a gallery without an "unlock all" button.

"But people should play the game", "it adds replayability to try to get those other scenes", etc

Sure, but like it or not there are people who either just want the scenes of the game, or there are the people that did play the game and missed out scenes for whatever reason and want to see the others and don't want to go back and do things in a certain order just for the sake of seeing the scenes when it could easily be available for them right from the start.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
I think the reason behind it is the same why the games generally don't come with literal WIN button that skips the entire thing straight to final cutscene, in case they don't really want to play.

It's a reward for completionists, and these folks would feel miffed (and vocal about it) if it could be obtained "for free".

(don't get me wrong, it's not a design am fond of, very much lacking the completionist/achievement drive myself. But it's objectively pretty easy to understand why it's done this way)

Gicoo

Feb 18, 2018
It's a marketing tool to encourage discussion. Forcing the player to explore the game increases the likehood of them participating publicy, which consequently makes them and the community they have to engage more involved in the game. Eva isn't giving us saves, walktroughs and an unlocked gallery, they want the players to gather them on their own.

Of the 20 crucial lessons in gamedesign, this applies to rule #10
Lesson #10: Leave room for the player to explore
People are more invested in things that they initiated, get them to ask questions
Don’t always show the player the things you want them to see, let the player find them
Discovery = investment

4.60 star(s) 312 Votes