ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
The Cindy plot is great, but at the same time Wade isn't that bad of a dude. Perry, on the other hand, I have no problem cucking.
I've really grown to dislike Cindy; the woman seems hell bent on ruining her relationship no matter how many times I try to patch it up. At this point I'm wondering if maybe we could hook Wade up with Lena. The two of them could use a break, and Lena has no decent options in my Ian/Holly run.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
I've really grown to dislike Cindy; the woman seems hell bent on ruining her relationship no matter how many times I try to patch it up.
Ehh there's literally just two points where Ian needs to be a positive influence:

* "You need to fight for Cindy" in Chapter 4, when talking with Wade
* "You should bring Wade" or "You should ask Wade instead" in Chapter 4, when talking with Cindy

this sets Cindy/Wade relationship in max possible "they're both working to patch it up" state.

If you somehow mess it up and let it (partially) deteriorate through Ian acting dumb, you get a chance to fix it:
* "Do you really want to be with Wade?" in Chapter 9, when talking with Cindy

It's hardly any effort. Probably harder to keep oneself from bringing Ian too close with Cindy for the above to work anymore.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
Ehh there's literally just two points where Ian needs to be a positive influence:

* "You need to fight for Cindy" in Chapter 4, when talking with Wade
* "You should bring Wade" or "You should ask Wade instead" in Chapter 4, when talking with Cindy

this sets Cindy/Wade relationship in max possible "they're both working to patch it up" state.

If you somehow mess it up and let it (partially) deteriorate through Ian acting dumb, you get a chance to fix it:
* "Do you really want to be with Wade?" in Chapter 9, when talking with Cindy

It's hardly any effort. Probably harder to keep oneself from bringing Ian too close with Cindy for the above to work anymore.
Well, no, because in order to tell Cindy to bring Wade you first need to join Cindy when she runs off in a snit to her preferred bar back in Chapter 3. If you skip that (and why wouldn't you if you aren't trying to steal or babysit Wade's girlfriend?), then the attempt to talk sense into Wade and Cindy will eventually fail.

And even if you do all that, you still need to agree to chaperone Cindy when she throws her latest temper tantrum in Chapter 9, then navigate the minefield that is the Axel photo shoot just to get the opportunity to point out that Cindy's on the cusp of throwing away her relationship... assuming you also make the necessary stat check, of course.

That's my problem with Cindy in a nutshell. She's so self-centered that merely pursuing her well being isn't enough, you need to actively enable her just so she won't tune you out. Wade's made plenty of mistakes himself, but I don't need to tiptoe around his tender sensibilities to give him advice. In a game full of hot women why I would want to date Cindy (much less betray a close friend to do so) is beyond me.

balvenie1401

Dec 29, 2017
Well, no, because in order to tell Cindy to bring Wade you first need to join Cindy when she runs off in a snit to her preferred bar back in Chapter 3. If you skip that (and why wouldn't you if you aren't trying to steal or babysit Wade's girlfriend?), then the attempt to talk sense into Wade and Cindy will eventually fail.

And even if you do all that, you still need to agree to chaperone Cindy when she throws her latest temper tantrum in Chapter 9, then navigate the minefield that is the Axel photo shoot just to get the opportunity to point out that Cindy's on the cusp of throwing away her relationship... assuming you also make the necessary stat check, of course.

That's my problem with Cindy in a nutshell. She's so self-centered that merely pursuing her well being isn't enough, you need to actively enable her just so she won't tune you out. Wade's made plenty of mistakes himself, but I don't need to tiptoe around his tender sensibilities to give him advice. In a game full of hot women why I would want to date Cindy (much less betray a close friend to do so) is beyond me.
Do the sensible thing then like the rest of us, fuck her brains out and leave it at that, no one's asking you to date her..

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
That's my problem with Cindy in a nutshell. She's so self-centered that merely pursuing her well being isn't enough, you need to actively enable her just so she won't tune you out.
I don't think this is exactly a problem -- Cindy needs to consider Ian her friend in order to take his advice seriously, not just "an old friend of my boyfriend, someone i barely know and who always takes his side". It's not any more self-centered than what you can expect from any normal human being.

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018

The only character in this game without significant character flaws is Emma. Cindy is a high maintenance girl. That's the price you pay to bang her (or get close enough to try and fix her issues). The game would be boring as fuck if every character was some ideal partner.

Alison is bat shit crazy but hides it pretty well. She is constantly playing mind games.
Holly has crippling social anxiety and has no self esteem.
Cherry is a homewrecker.
Louise is needy and unreasonably shitty to Stan.
Minerva is a hyper Tsundere crazy bitch.
Ivy is a mega thot (and possibly a snake depending on how her story unfolds).

In a game like this, some high maintenance girl who is self centered (but not unreasonably so given the circumstances) is par for the course. Every one of those characters above also has some good character traits as well. It just depends on how much you want to empathize with their situation.

Samuel Hidayat

May 16, 2019
I don't think this is exactly a problem -- Cindy needs to consider Ian her friend in order to take his advice seriously, not just "an old friend of my boyfriend, someone i barely know and who always takes his side". It's not any more self-centered than what you can expect from any normal human being.
Throwing a temper tantrum when people don't like her jokes and praise another girl is self-centered and narcissistic.

Last edited:

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Being a vegan is a serious character flaw.
Is she a vegan? Lol. Well, if she doesn't make it a big deal and force it on others constantly, it's fine.

I was about to write that getting too deep into SJW shit is a character flaw, but so far, she hasn't taken it to some crazy extreme. She a rational liberal person, but it certainly has the potential to go to shit. That's the thing with tribalism these days, whether it be the left or right.

Samuel Hidayat

May 16, 2019
Is she a vegan? Lol. Well, if she doesn't make it a big deal and force it on others constantly, it's fine.

I was about to write that getting too deep into SJW shit is a character flaw, but so far, she hasn't taken it to some crazy extreme. She a rational liberal person, but it certainly has the potential to go to shit. That's the thing with tribalism these days, whether it be the left or right.
She keeps her veganism to herself, actually.

Honestly, I won't consider protesting on a sleazy corpo dude monopolizing the city's economy as something remotely SJW.

Reactions: GaRbS

bonerland

Dec 28, 2017

Assault isn't extreme?

bonerland

Dec 28, 2017
She keeps her veganism to herself, actually.

Honestly, I won't consider protesting on a sleazy corpo dude monopolizing the city's economy as something remotely SJW.
SJW's will call you a racist, sexist, whatever-ist for not agreeing with them, just like folks who use "cuck" and "snowflake" a lot will say everything but the N word anytime a black person does something less than perfect.

4.60 star(s) 312 Votes