ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
And you are right that some things can only happen once out of pure chance. But those are things like randomly meet a stranger because a set of circunstances and getting in love, it wouldn't have happened if you didn't meet them for whatever reason. Even sex with Emma you can reasonably say it wouldn't have happened if that day Ian or her don't go out and are left alone to dance together. Cindy and Ian path could have reasonably continued at a slower pace, similar to Ian and Lena path if you don't take early opportunities.
In my experience sometimes even a seemingly small thing a person would do (or not do) can irrevocably change someone's perception of that person, and their attitude towards a relationship. So, this difference between Ian being there and not being there determining whether these two get together at all, i can totally buy it.

Mind you, am not saying this is the only possible outcome for such scenario. But imo such outcome is plausible, meaning Ian/Cindy not getting together otherwise isn't in my eyes "bad writing" but, at best, "it's different from how i'd like the story to play out". And that's a big difference. It's similar to how i'd prefer for Lena to get a late option to get out of her Axel doom-spiral, but if she doesn't then i won't really view it as bad writing, because such scenario makes sense for the characters, too.

Socrambus

Oct 28, 2019
In my experience sometimes even a seemingly small thing a person would do (or not do) can irrevocably change someone's perception of that person, and their attitude towards a relationship. So, this difference between Ian being there and not being there determining whether these two get together at all, i can totally buy it.

Mind you, am not saying this is the only possible outcome for such scenario. But imo such outcome is plausible, meaning Ian/Cindy not getting together otherwise isn't in my eyes "bad writing" but, at best, "it's different from how i'd like the story to play out". And that's a big difference. It's similar to how i'd prefer for Lena to get a late option to get out of her Axel doom-spiral, but if she doesn't then i won't really view it as bad writing, because such scenario makes sense for the characters, too.
I see it differently, IMO most of the time that logic of "if I had just done that" or "if I has just said that" comes after the facts and usually when you are thinking why it went wrong. To me that's an oversimplification of people's behaviour and motivations, but it's a very common and present narrative that you can clearly see when people talk about "what ifs" for single historical events or overestimate the importance of the actions of one important historical guy over all the stuff going on in the background and the myriad of things building up leading to the final result. I am quite skeptical of the "one chance" or "destiny" narratives.

But, leaving that aside. My main problem with the writing is not the final result (Ian and Cindy not happening), it's the inconsistency on Cindy's reaction to the same thing depending if you go to the book fair or not and the writing, or rather lack of writing, leading to that final result. If you choose to go with Holly, everything related to your previous interactions with Cindy suddenly dissapears and that's specially jarring on Ian's side of things. There's not even a follow up with Ian asking about how the birthday went and there's no more Ian showing attraction for Cindy when he had just been wanking to her photos literally a few days before. The game uses an "if-else" programming logic, not real person logic.

Also again, the split between Cindy's path and other LI's path could have been done so much better (in writing terms and limiting branching terms) if Ian doesn't go to the party because he goes on a sex weekend with Alison. Maybe even better, if he doesn't go because he is invited by Emma to go to the political march and he accepts, potentially opening up a "dating" path with Emma and even a possible future conflict with Seymour. It would have fleshed out more Ian and Emma relationship and deepen Ian's political position making it easier in future chapters to link Ian's story with the upcoming mayor election.

| Vee |

Jun 2, 2022
I see it differently, IMO most of the time that logic of "if I had just done that" or "if I has just said that" comes after the facts and usually when you are thinking why it went wrong. To me that's an oversimplification of people's behaviour and motivations, but it's a very common and present narrative that you can clearly see when people talk about "what ifs" for single historical events or overestimate the importance of the actions of one important historical guy over all the stuff going on in the background and the myriad of things building up leading to the final result. I am quite skeptical of the "one chance" or "destiny" narratives.

But, leaving that aside. My main problem with the writing is not the final result (Ian and Cindy not happening), it's the inconsistency on Cindy's reaction to the same thing depending if you go to the book fair or not and the writing, or rather lack of writing, leading to that final result. If you choose to go with Holly, everything related to your previous interactions with Cindy suddenly dissapears and that's specially jarring on Ian's side of things. There's not even a follow up with Ian asking about how the birthday went and there's no more Ian showing attraction for Cindy when he had just been wanking to her photos literally a few days before. The game uses an "if-else" programming logic, not real person logic.

Also again, the split between Cindy's path and other LI's path could have been done so much better (in writing terms and limiting branching terms) if Ian doesn't go to the party because he goes on a sex weekend with Alison. Maybe even better, if he doesn't go because he is invited by Emma to go to the political march and he accepts, potentially opening up a "dating" path with Emma and even a possible future conflict with Seymour. It would have fleshed out more Ian and Emma relationship and deepen Ian's political position making it easier in future chapters to link Ian's story with the upcoming mayor election.
Now that you mention Emma, her and Ian could've been more natural writing too. For example if Ian grinds and there is tension between IanxEmma and later on Ian goes with Alison instead of Emma that sexual tension should be remained and later on Ian can have had continued to explore this tension further but it's also done same as IanxHolly, IanxCindy too. On one hand Ian is struggling with Gillian(Chameleon) and here IanxCindy, IanxEmma and IanxHolly's sexual tension's suddenly just disappears like it was never there in first place.

There are inconsistencies in EK's writing regarding character paths and character management.:censored:

Last edited:

Socrambus

Oct 28, 2019
Now that you mention Emma, her and Ian could've been more natural writing too. For example if Ian grinds and there is tension between IanxEmma and later on Ian goes with Alison instead of Emma that sexual tension should be remained and later on Ian can have had continued to explore this tension further but it's also done same as IanxHolly, IanxCindy too. On on hand Ian is struggling with Gillian(Chameleon) and here IanxCindy, IanxEmma and IanxHolly's sexual tension's suddenly just disappears like it was never there in first place.

There are inconsistencies in EK's writing regarding character paths and character management.:censored:
Yes, there could be a variable if you decide to keep grinding but you don't kiss her and use that variable instead of the sex one. But the thing with Emma is so sudden, specially on Ian's side (somehow he didn't notice her great ass all those years) that it feels less jarring and more forgivable treating it as an "only chance spur of the moment thing". It would also increase the complexity having to write different scenarios for the "just grinding" and the "grinding and sex".

Reactions: | Vee |

Chartog

Jan 12, 2019
Yes, she pushes Holly to pursue him, then tells her not to at the club in chapter 10, blows him, then Holly goes on a date with him while pushed by Lena in chapter 11, then chapter 11 epilogue Lena can fuck him
I think you have to use the option to let Holly decide for herself at the club during chapter 10. Not tell her not to do it

Esti

Oct 14, 2017
How the hell it makes any sense?
So let me get this straight: you think that Ian and Ivy was always destined to become a thing because they could flirt? Ok. My Ian flirted with with Nat and EK said that she intended Nat to be unfuckable cameo. So by the same logic they were always destined to bang and now EK just cockblocked Ian because of... what?

Marcel appeared for 1 time in polls and guess what he get? I ain't buying any of this bullshit.
And what is your point? IanxIvy were meant to be but now EK just postproned them... for which reason exactly?

Reactions: GokutheG

| Vee |

Jun 2, 2022
So let me get this straight: you think that Ian and Ivy was always destined to become a thing because they could flirt? Ok. My Ian flirted with with Nat and EK said that she intended Nat to be unfuckable cameo. So by the same logic they were always destined to bang and now EK just cockblocked Ian because of... what?

And what is your point? IanxIvy were meant to be but now EK just postproned them... for which reason exactly?

There are many variables keeping record of IanxIvy and I already said that I won't be discussing same topic over and over again. If you don't understand simple written things which have been explained over and over again in most simple sentences than I don't know what to do to make you understand so I already said I RESPECT YOUR OPINIONS AND WOULD POLITELY DISAGREE:D AND I'M NO LONGER DISCUSSING THIS VERY SAME THING OVER AND OVER AGAIN WITH YOU. I dropped this topic and you should too.

We can discuss other topics.
Peace!:coffee:

Last edited:

manscout

Jun 13, 2018
Who cares about IanxIvy, I'm here for PerryxLena, something that has had variables keeping track of it since the first release of the game!
/s

Ian x Ivy is probably happening, Perry x Lena isn't, I just wouldn't put too much stock on variables in EvaKiss game since she creates a lot of them that often go unused.

manscout

Jun 13, 2018
I can. PilotLara care. Among others. We have been waiting 3, going onto 4 years. Nothing.

Yeah, with a 0.0001% chance at this point. Really all depends on how EK can fuck thing up with it.
Wow, not even "/s" stops people from missing sarcasm nowadays?

Either way, at least 1 h-scene involving Ian and Ivy will eventually happen, EK might drop plot threads and variables as she needs to round up the story, but IanxIvy already got scenes with dedicated art to it (the gym sparring), so that is not at any risk of being dropped (although might just end up being 3somes with Lena in the middle).

Actual fringe stuff like "PerryxLena", which only got generic relationship variables that haven't really been touched in several updates, are much more likely to be completely dead (will laugh my ass off if PerryxEmma leads into a 3some with Lena before Ian gets anything with Ivy tho).

• Angry
Reactions: SerHawkes
4.60 star(s) 316 Votes