fortuna95

Lezz kiss for peace!
Donor
Feb 7, 2018

Why is it taking so long? (1)

1619784128708.png

Recently I announced Chapter 8 was taking longer than I had originally expected. I’ve been thinking about the reasons and I decided to share those thoughts with you guys, to keep you informed and to give you something somewhat interesting to read while you wait for Chapter 8’s release.

The main and obvious reason that’s delaying the game is its nature: it’s a very complex undertaking, it requires a lot of art assets and I like to release meaty updates that progress the story in a meaningful way. But we already knew that.

Aside from the difficulties I’m having with writing the update, there are some other things that get in the way: several small tasks that pull my focus from the main task at hand, one of them being the community management side of things, like writing status reports, uploading sneak peeks and coming up with topics to post about on Patreon to keep you guys engaged (like this post right here). There’s also the Discord (I can barely afford to drop by from time to time) and other PR stuff I have to take a look into (recently setting up the page, or creating the video trailer).

I have people helping me with the game, both the artist I’m collaborating me as well as the members from my community who help me with coding, bug testing and other stuff (we’ve been implementing a couple new features that were long overdue). That of course takes a lot off my hands, but it also means I have to coordinate several tasks and people, and I’m awful at that... And there are a couple of other things that are on my mind, like creating a stable android port (everything has failed so far) and starting to move towards a Steam release.

Anyway, I’ll keep this short since I don’t want to take any more time off the writing! These past few days it’s been progressing nicely and I want to keep that up. I’ll write a couple more posts about other things that are delaying the game to keep you somewhat entertained and to give you further insight in the game’s production.

Thanks for your patience!

BlandChili

Dec 15, 2020
Seems like Eva might be reaching the limits of what a single developer can manage while maintaining an active community and being in charge of the social media profile. I don't envy her that task :eek:

A couple of the lads I studied with in the UK went on to try and manage their own development projects, I don't think any of them ever published anything, it's a difficult task even without the public outreach portions of the work.

I think Eva could benefit from promoting one of her discord mods to help her with the social media platform.

fortuna95

Lezz kiss for peace!
Donor
Feb 7, 2018
Before you read: I like the 2 MCs idea and story.

But the fact that there are 2 protagonists doesn't make it any easier or faster for Eva either. As noted here before, 2 MCs get more difficult as the game progresses and maybe Eva is struggling more and more. Perhaps after a few chapters it would be possible to keep only one MC and to show the other one more in the passively way? This would save a lot of time, but above all it would save any difficulties with 2 MCs.

Here is another interesting link that I saw in the GGGB thread:

niek07

Jul 23, 2019
I don’t mind the delay. Probably because Eva gives weekly updates of the progress and previews and each update has a lot of content. Of course I want to play the game as soon as possible but it is not easy to make a game.

Reactions: Tallyhoe and Touhou

BlandChili

Dec 15, 2020
Before you read: I like the 2 MCs idea and story.

But the fact that there are 2 protagonists doesn't make it any easier or faster for Eva either. As noted here before, 2 MCs get more difficult as the game progresses and maybe Eva is struggling more and more. Perhaps after a few chapters it would be possible to keep only one MC and to show the other one more in the passively way? This would save a lot of time, but above all it would save any difficulties with 2 MCs.

Here is another interesting link that I saw in the GGGB thread:
While I do agree that you should generally be smart and far-sighted when delving into this sort of narrative design, I think it's important to keep in mind that this category is ill-studied when it comes to games and visual novels. The interactive nature of the media brings with it different traits that a creator can utilize to make a story meaningful.

I certainly agree too with the idea that Eva could probably have made a more concise product by sticking to one POV character, but I also feel that it would be a shame to decry her attempt at making something unusual, as I admire the ambition behind this kind of creative pursuit. I think we should generally encourage creators to be explorative and to challenge the conventions we are used to consuming, especially in both gaming and erotica. :geek:

NukaCola

Engaged Member
Jul 1, 2017
Hi. I'm just start playing the game. I have a question. Can you steal Cindy from her boyfriend?

Back

Aug 3, 2017
Hi. I'm just start playing the game. I have a question. Can you steal Cindy from her boyfriend?
My understanding from the thread's discussion on the matter is yes. At least, that's the direction where certain actions can take you. At this stage of the game it just isn't fully implemented yet of course, but it is almost surely a possible path that EvaKiss had in mind from the get-go.

mommysboiii

Oct 17, 2019
Compared to other devs, Eva is super fast.
I hope she focuses on the history and dont get too anxious about deadlines, so the plot won't feel rushed.
I hope this game will have 20 episodes or more,because this game has a slower start than good girl gone bad and things like holly relationship, kinks, cindy relationship and a lot off other relationships just start know so I hope this game dont get rushed and ends at 1.0 or 1.1.

NukaCola

Engaged Member
Jul 1, 2017
My understanding from the thread's discussion on the matter is yes. At least, that's the direction where certain actions can take you. At this stage of the game it just isn't fully implemented yet of course, but it is almost surely a possible path that EvaKiss had in mind from the get-go.
But isn't that NTR? And that fucking Axel guy is trying to steal her.

• Angry
Reactions: vsd29

NukaCola

Engaged Member
Jul 1, 2017
This is cheating, don't confuse it with NTR. Recommend you read the tag rules for better understanding.
I mean Netori. The one where you steal other guy GF. Netorare is where your GF fuck with other people. When people referring to NTR it usually mean the latter (Netorare). I should have been more clear.
But nevermind about that. I only started playing this game and it amazing. The art is vast improvement over GGGB. I really liked Ian and Lena, Cindy and Cherry too :love:

Reactions: the3m_dude

mehGusta

Aug 28, 2017
Lie to her? I don't recall lying to her.
oh wow, sometimes i don't understand f95zone. only now did it notify me that someone replied to my comment. so, sorry about the delay.

what i mean is you (Lena) lying to Louise about her boyfriend being unfaithful. (and just so we are clear, withholding information that is of importance to your friend, is de facto lying everything is alright.)

Lancelot234

Aug 13, 2018
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/master_script.rpy", line 716, in script
jump chapter_eight
ScriptError: could not find label 'chapter_eight'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "game/master_script.rpy", line 716, in script
jump chapter_eight
File "C:\Users\Lance\Downloads\Compressed\OurRedString-v0.7-pc-revised-HQCompressed\renpy\ast.py", line 1674, in execute
rv = renpy.game.script.lookup(target)
File "C:\Users\Lance\Downloads\Compressed\OurRedString-v0.7-pc-revised-HQCompressed\renpy\script.py", line 875, in lookup
raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))
ScriptError: could not find label 'chapter_eight'.

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.1.3.1092
Our Red String v0.7
Sat May 01 13:38:23 2021

4.60 star(s) 313 Votes