TamaMountain

Oct 5, 2018

The Alpha for Chapter 8 is finally here. Sorry for the silence this week, I wanted to post some sneak peeks and stuff but I have been 100% focused on finishing everything and I did, at the last minute, as always! I must confess I have mixed feeling about this update, it took longer than expected despite me working really hard on it, and it's proven to be personally frustrating. These past three weeks have been crazy, but I can say it's finally finished. I hope I did a good job this time too!
The chapter is titles "Falling into Place" and, as I said, I feel it makes some much needed story progression so events can keep unfolding. It probably has a slower pace than the bombastic chapter 7, but I think it has a few of the hottest scenes so far and also some of my favourite art to this date. The writing has been quite challenging, and character interactions and dialogue variations are really deep and complex, probably more than they need to be, but I guess it's the only way I know how to make things, trying to reflect all the possible choices you've been making during the game and how that impacts relationships. Some of those consequences will show strongly in this chapter.
You can download it . I hope you like this new chapter and that the wait was worth it. Please let me know what you think about it!
This is the first time Eva did not say "I feel this is my best chapter yet". :eek:

Poisonblack

Apr 8, 2019
Our Red String Chapter 8 Alpha release!
PC
Mac
IMPORTANT: The Ren'py update messed quite some things up code-wise, and some of my testers reported that the game doesn't find the save files in the same folder it used to look for them. You might not experience this issue, but if you find your saves missing try this fix: your previous save-files need to be manually copied from "AppData\Roaming\RenPy\RedString-1574621830" folder to the internal "games\saves" folder. We'll try to look for a solution to this for the Beta.
The Alpha for Chapter 8 is finally here. Sorry for the silence this week, I wanted to post some sneak peeks and stuff but I have been 100% focused on finishing everything and I did, at the last minute, as always! I must confess I have mixed feeling about this update, it took longer than expected despite me working really hard on it, and it's proven to be personally frustrating. These past three weeks have been crazy, but I can say it's finally finished. I hope I did a good job this time too!
The chapter is titles "Falling into Place" and, as I said, I feel it makes some much needed story progression so events can keep unfolding. It probably has a slower pace than the bombastic chapter 7, but I think it has a few of the hottest scenes so far and also some of my favourite art to this date. The writing has been quite challenging, and character interactions and dialogue variations are really deep and complex, probably more than they need to be, but I guess it's the only way I know how to make things, trying to reflect all the possible choices you've been making during the game and how that impacts relationships. Some of those consequences will show strongly in this chapter.
Anyway, I'll just shut up and let you play this update. Many, many thanks to the MVPs: Bloody Mares, Lara and Breadloaf, with their help with coding, features, bug-fixes and quality control, and to vBerlichingen for his proofreading (it's not yet finished, by the way).
I hope you like this new chapter and that the wait was worth it. Please let me know what you think about it!
P.D.: Some of the cameos remain to be added in the Beta.
What a great way to improve my saturday night!

Reactions: JiggyliFAP
Dec 17, 2019
Our Red String Chapter 8 Alpha release!
PC
Mac
IMPORTANT: The Ren'py update messed quite some things up code-wise, and some of my testers reported that the game doesn't find the save files in the same folder it used to look for them. You might not experience this issue, but if you find your saves missing try this fix: your previous save-files need to be manually copied from "AppData\Roaming\RenPy\RedString-1574621830" folder to the internal "games\saves" folder. We'll try to look for a solution to this for the Beta.
Anyway, I'll just shut up and let you play this update. Many, many thanks to the MVPs: Bloody Mares, Lara and Breadloaf, with their help with coding, features, bug-fixes and quality control, and to vBerlichingen for his proofreading (it's not yet finished, by the way).
I hope you like this new chapter and that the wait was worth it. Please let me know what you think about it!
P.D.: Some of the cameos remain to be added in the Beta.
Yohoho and a bottle of rum, thanks matey.

CassidyPRO

Jul 6, 2017
i fucked up my mega downloads because i downloaded the wrong file lmao... gotta wait for the nopy link now =\

Mrkoolguy

Jan 21, 2018
Mega download crashed every time between 75-90% complete and now Mega tells me I'm capped so waiting on hero #2 now to upload to a different site.

4.60 star(s) 318 Votes