May 6, 2017
I didn't notice anything different, I read elsewhere that the only difference was a bug fix
It happens that the most relevant change introduced occurs in the way Ian tries to conquer Alison, since now it is not necessary to be so aggressive with her and still be able to get to have sex with her.

scor099

Aug 6, 2018
I still can't figure out what kind of relationship could Ian and Minerva have, in order to get points and progress through the game and have more choices with Allison and Cherry you have to stand up to her, if you stand up to her she ends up disliking you and you obviously won't be able to do anything with her, but if you caved to her sure she'll like you more but you won't get any points and you will end up being a wimp, dose this mean their relationship is going to be a Femdom?, or maybe if she dislike Ian more and more she's going to fall for him, being the one who always challenges her and stand up to her, what do you guys think? :unsure:

sorry If I made a mistake English isn't my first language.

doctor13

Oct 13, 2018
In my head, Minerva is into Ian, but she obviously thinks it's a no-go so takes out that frustration by being dominant over him so that she has the power in their relationship. But at the same time she hasn't quite let go of the fantasy hence why she goes to the gym so try to stay in shape. Minerva/Ian is a goal of mine (actually, Ian and everyone but Lena is a goal of mine).

Last edited:
Sep 11, 2019
I still can't figure out what kind of relationship could Ian and Minerva have, in order to get points and progress through the game and have more choices with Allison and Cherry you have to stand up to her, if you stand up to her she ends up disliking you and you obviously won't be able to do anything with her, but if you caved to her sure she'll like you more but you won't get any points and you will end up being a wimp, dose this mean their relationship is going to be a Femdom?, or maybe if she dislike Ian more and more she's going to fall for him, being the one who always challenges her and stand up to her, what do you guys think? :unsure:

sorry If I made a mistake English isn't my first language.
My guess is that making Minerva like you blocking you or slowing you down on other paths is an intentional trade-of - we're giving immediate succes for latter gain. Due to the nature of Patreon game development, however, we just don't have know what we are trading for yet. My guess is that some routes won't be worth doing until much later.

My main question about Mjranda is - how the hell does her literary magazine have any credibility if all she publishes are glowing reviews, no matter what? No critic or reviewer worth their salt will want to work for a magazine that is nothing more than a glorified ad agency for publishers. And why did Ian or Holly choose to internship there?

Reactions: zOrg5

eightypercent

Apr 2, 2020
An excellent start [0.2 beta]... really enjoyed GGGB too :)
The stories are imaginative and the characters fit well. I can't wait to see if Mr Ward [the rich guy Lena met at art galary] is a dom :eek: and how that would affect her :)

FireSeraph

Jul 26, 2017
An excellent start [0.2 beta]... really enjoyed GGGB too :)
The stories are imaginative and the characters fit well. I can't wait to see if Mr Ward [the rich guy Lena met at art galary] is a dom :eek: and how that would affect her :)
I'm pretty sure Mr Ward is Axel's father since we see him at the restaurant in Chapter 1 when we are introduced to the ex-douchefriend.

Reactions: eightypercent

BloodyMares

Dec 4, 2017
My main question about Mjranda is - how the hell does her literary magazine have any credibility if all she publishes are glowing reviews, no matter what? No critic or reviewer worth their salt will want to work for a magazine that is nothing more than a glorified ad agency for publishers. And why did Ian or Holly choose to internship there?
Are we sure that it's a literary magazine and NOT an ad agency for publishers? Ian at one point says that to Lena directly, that he's not good at his job if his "endorsement" doesn't help sell the book. So I guess that's exactly what that is - an ad agency for publishers. Ian personally doesn't like this job, and instead would prefer to give honest reviews. I believe if that was not the case, Ian would have a problem with Minerva directly, not for shitting on him personally, but as a professional. And Minerva wouldn't so openly demand Ian to write praising reviews no matter what every time because she would then come off as biased and unprofessional. So far her bias only goes for Ian, for an unknown personal reason; and another bias for Holly, an aspiring author. And sometimes you need to intern anywhere, even if you don't like the place, just because you need to pay your bills and get the necessary experience to be able to choose a better place/position. Ian didn't strike me as a person who can just find any job easily. Perry decided to give up and live off his parents' money and Ian's rent. Ian tries to get by, even if it doesn't give him joy. And also, every character states that economy kinda sucks and it's hard to find a desirable job. You can see how almost everyone works as either a clerk, a waitress, a shop assistant, a bartender etc. Not the best options out there.
The way I see it, Ian just hates his job and in order for him to gain confidence in himself and eventually gain success as a writer, he needs to go against what Minerva expects him to do, be bold so he gets fired eventually and chooses to dedicate himself to writing his book instead. If he doesn't and chooses to do what Minerva asks him to - he will be better at his job and probably get promoted but will lose his drive and passion, just like most people do when they give up their dreams.

snarkster1558

Feb 27, 2019
Probably already mentioned, but I keep getting "Exception Errors" every time an image of Cherry is supposed to pop up.
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
NameError: name 'cherry_stockings' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "chapter_2B.rpyc", line 658, in script
  File "C:\Users\crewd\Downloads\OurRedString-v02BETA-pc\OurRedString-v0.2BETA-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1356, in execute
    renpy.exports.with_statement(trans, paired)
  File "C:\Users\crewd\Downloads\OurRedString-v02BETA-pc\OurRedString-v0.2BETA-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 1481, in with_statement
    return renpy.game.interface.do_with(trans, paired, clear=clear)
  File "C:\Users\crewd\Downloads\OurRedString-v02BETA-pc\OurRedString-v0.2BETA-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2227, in do_with
    clear=clear)
  File "C:\Users\crewd\Downloads\OurRedString-v02BETA-pc\OurRedString-v0.2BETA-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2672, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\crewd\Downloads\OurRedString-v02BETA-pc\OurRedString-v0.2BETA-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3158, in interact_core
    self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
  File "C:\Users\crewd\Downloads\OurRedString-v02BETA-pc\OurRedString-v0.2BETA-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2075, in draw_screen
    renpy.config.screen_height,
  File "render.pyx", line 487, in renpy.display.render.render_screen
  File "render.pyx", line 235, in renpy.display.render.render
  File "C:\Users\crewd\Downloads\OurRedString-v02BETA-pc\OurRedString-v0.2BETA-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 722, in render
    surf = render(child, width, height, cst, cat)
  File "render.pyx", line 147, in renpy.display.render.render
  File "C:\Users\crewd\Downloads\OurRedString-v02BETA-pc\OurRedString-v0.2BETA-pc\renpy\display\transition.py", line 361, in render
    top = render(self.new_widget, width, height, st, at)
  File "C:\Users\crewd\Downloads\OurRedString-v02BETA-pc\OurRedString-v0.2BETA-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 722, in render
  File "accelerator.pyx", line 110, in renpy.display.accelerator.transform_render
  File "C:\Users\crewd\Downloads\OurRedString-v02BETA-pc\OurRedString-v0.2BETA-pc\renpy\display\image.py", line 500, in render
    return wrap_render(self.target, width, height, st, at)
  File "C:\Users\crewd\Downloads\OurRedString-v02BETA-pc\OurRedString-v0.2BETA-pc\renpy\display\image.py", line 306, in wrap_render
    rend = render(child, w, h, st, at)
  File "C:\Users\crewd\Downloads\OurRedString-v02BETA-pc\OurRedString-v0.2BETA-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 336, in render
    surf = render(self.child, width, height, st, at)
  File "C:\Users\crewd\Downloads\OurRedString-v02BETA-pc\OurRedString-v0.2BETA-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 336, in render
  File "C:\Users\crewd\Downloads\OurRedString-v02BETA-pc\OurRedString-v0.2BETA-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1265, in render
    self.update(st, at)
  File "C:\Users\crewd\Downloads\OurRedString-v02BETA-pc\OurRedString-v0.2BETA-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1252, in update
    child, redraw = self.function(st, at, *self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\crewd\Downloads\OurRedString-v02BETA-pc\OurRedString-v0.2BETA-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1323, in condition_switch_show
    return condition_switch_pick(switch), None
  File "C:\Users\crewd\Downloads\OurRedString-v02BETA-pc\OurRedString-v0.2BETA-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1316, in condition_switch_pick
    if renpy.python.py_eval_bytecode(code):
  File "C:\Users\crewd\Downloads\OurRedString-v02BETA-pc\OurRedString-v0.2BETA-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1937, in py_eval_bytecode
    return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "<none>", line 1, in <module>

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.1.3.1092
Our Red String v0.2BETA
Mon May 04 04:55:37 2020

X1nny

Nov 18, 2018
Probably already mentioned, but I keep getting "Exception Errors" every time an image of Cherry is supposed to pop up.
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "chapter_2B.rpyc", line 658, in script
  File "C:\Users\crewd\Downloads\OurRedString-v02BETA-pc\OurRedString-v0.2BETA-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1356, in execute
    renpy.exports.with_statement(trans, paired)
  File "C:\Users\crewd\Downloads\OurRedString-v02BETA-pc\OurRedString-v0.2BETA-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 1481, in with_statement
    return renpy.game.interface.do_with(trans, paired, clear=clear)
  File "C:\Users\crewd\Downloads\OurRedString-v02BETA-pc\OurRedString-v0.2BETA-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2227, in do_with
    clear=clear)
  File "C:\Users\crewd\Downloads\OurRedString-v02BETA-pc\OurRedString-v0.2BETA-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2672, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\crewd\Downloads\OurRedString-v02BETA-pc\OurRedString-v0.2BETA-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3158, in interact_core
    self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
  File "C:\Users\crewd\Downloads\OurRedString-v02BETA-pc\OurRedString-v0.2BETA-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2075, in draw_screen
    renpy.config.screen_height,
  File "render.pyx", line 487, in renpy.display.render.render_screen
  File "C:\Users\crewd\Downloads\OurRedString-v02BETA-pc\OurRedString-v0.2BETA-pc\renpy\display\transition.py", line 361, in render
    top = render(self.new_widget, width, height, st, at)
  File "accelerator.pyx", line 110, in renpy.display.accelerator.transform_render
  File "C:\Users\crewd\Downloads\OurRedString-v02BETA-pc\OurRedString-v0.2BETA-pc\renpy\display\image.py", line 500, in render
    return wrap_render(self.target, width, height, st, at)
  File "C:\Users\crewd\Downloads\OurRedString-v02BETA-pc\OurRedString-v0.2BETA-pc\renpy\display\image.py", line 306, in wrap_render
    rend = render(child, w, h, st, at)
  File "C:\Users\crewd\Downloads\OurRedString-v02BETA-pc\OurRedString-v0.2BETA-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1265, in render
    self.update(st, at)
  File "C:\Users\crewd\Downloads\OurRedString-v02BETA-pc\OurRedString-v0.2BETA-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1252, in update
    child, redraw = self.function(st, at, *self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\crewd\Downloads\OurRedString-v02BETA-pc\OurRedString-v0.2BETA-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1323, in condition_switch_show
    return condition_switch_pick(switch), None
  File "C:\Users\crewd\Downloads\OurRedString-v02BETA-pc\OurRedString-v0.2BETA-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1316, in condition_switch_pick
    if renpy.python.py_eval_bytecode(code):
  File "C:\Users\crewd\Downloads\OurRedString-v02BETA-pc\OurRedString-v0.2BETA-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1937, in py_eval_bytecode
    return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "<none>", line 1, in <module>

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.1.3.1092
Our Red String v0.2BETA
Mon May 04 04:55:37 2020
You need to restart your progress, the dev change something in ch 1 so you gotta do all over again

SpikeZg

Engaged Member
May 8, 2018
Sure Ian can make girls com, but for me its a huge turnon if the MC has a big cock, and the girls telling him how they love the big D
Eva wants to make it more real this way, main char doesn't have a horse dick, they used condoms etc...
I hope in the future when we get close to some characters that we can choose to use the condom or not.
I'm guessing first sex scene with Ian & Lena will also be with a condom :)

lifegetsweird

Jan 22, 2020
I'm pretty sure Mr Ward is Axel's father since we see him at the restaurant in Chapter 1 when we are introduced to the ex-douchefriend.
Yeah, and Lena says he looks familiar.
I'm 95% sure he is not the father. Firstly, because it sounds like Lena and Axel had a fairly serious relationship (to the point where Axel is comfortable showing up at her parents place unannounced), so Lena would know who Axel's father is; not to mention the fact that they would have the same last name. And then, when she says he looks familiar it's because she has indeed met him at the restaurant, but it was very brief and her attention was on Axel.

The only doubt is what is the nature of Axel and Ward's relationship, and whether his appearance at the gallery is coincidental or related to said relationship. They might be business partners, distant-ish family, or have a sort of mentor/protege kinda bond from his college days or whatever.

Reaurt

Nov 25, 2017
The only doubt is what is the nature of Axel and Ward's relationship, and whether his appearance at the gallery is coincidental or related to said relationship. They might be business partners, distant-ish family, or have a sort of mentor/protege kinda bond from his college days or whatever.
Yeah, this. At first I thought Ward and Axel were related, but Lena should know him if that were the case. Also, Ward didn't indicate that he knew Lena during their meeting at the art gallery (although this could be subterfuge). I'm willing to bet they're business associates, as Axel is supposedly loaded, and they were celebrating a deal over a fancy dinner.

Or maybe they're competitors, and Ward giving Lena his card indicates that he'd like to get one over on Axel by seducing the ex that Axel pines over. Lots of potential story lines there.

4.60 star(s) 316 Votes