Cacaprout123

Nov 14, 2019
I enjoyed that first bit even though I was a tad disapointed that cindy had a boyfriend. I noticed some typos in the game but they will probably be corrected for the "official" release.
I don't mind Ian's personality I mean it's going to be shaped by our actions anyway so it makes sense for him to be a bit bland at first.
What bothered me a bit though was the overlapping part, like when you have the scene with at the coffe playing from lena side, most of the dialogs are the side and the only changing parts are that we get to see what lena's thoughts were.
Last but not least I remember the dev from Tales from the borderlands, another game where there's 2 protagonist and romance was possible between them, saying that it's a weird to make a such a romance happen because you get to chose what the two characters are going to say and it's like having a conversation with yourself. Thankfully this game has more datable character so even if that one turns of to be a bust it wouldn't be that bad

Brickman

May 26, 2017
I really liked Ian as a MC, we haven't seen too much since it's a first release and I assume his personality will be shaped by player choice, much like Ashley's was in GGGB. But I think Eva Kiss has made a really good job writing from a male perspective, and Ian has an actual personality, is not the typical teenager male MC whose only inner monologue is about wanting sex and how horny he gets around his family or anyone with tits. I think it's really cool that Eva added the martial art aspect to Ian's story and how you can use it in actual fights, that was something GGGB didn't have because you only had a female MC. I dunno, I really like the girls in this game and I'm eager to get into Ian's skin and seduce and fuck them, and hopefully corrupt them too

wivers

Jun 4, 2017
What bothered me a bit though was the overlapping part, like when you have the scene with at the coffe playing from lena side, most of the dialogs are the side and the only changing parts are that we get to see what lena's thoughts were.
Last but not least I remember the dev from Tales from the borderlands, another game where there's 2 protagonist and romance was possible between them, saying that it's a weird to make a such a romance happen because you get to chose what the two characters are going to say and it's like having a conversation with yourself.
I don't think choosing for both will be an issue.
But I think we shouldn't "live" the scene twice when it involve the two MCs. I think from now on, it would be better if they catch up to each other not only each day, but also each time they meet (and before the meeting, like at the end of the V01), and we only experience times when they are together once, but we see both their thoughts.

Anyway, hopefully Evakiss knows what she is doing. It's her story, so what's most confortable for her will most likely yield the best results.

dasflute2

Jan 5, 2018
Didn't Evakiss have plans on doing a fantasy game next? Did she just give up on that?
From what I recall, the very first time she talked about doing a second game was when she mentioned it might be a fantasy, but I think she moved away from that idea right away.

any plan for animations ?
She's said that animations would be too time consuming for her to do.

Also as a sidenote, not a complaint. It's quite hard to relate to some things as a non-american with the hospital bills, school fees, multiple jobs, etc. Literally a different world from say western europe where these things are unheard of. [...] Hopefully adjustments can be made
You're telling me!

Baka!

Jul 25, 2017
The moments where you control Lena and interact with Ian are horrible, I mean, is it necessary to repeat the dialogue twice? It is completely boring and this in longer updates can be very annoying to see in the future, the fact that Ian and Lena have defined personalities is somewhat of a problem here because it will be much more difficult for the player to get them to have a different personality... I suppose it is an interesting challenge, however it seems more difficult to shape the story in this game than in GGGB and that is bad in a way, I hope that the game is well directed and does not force the player to follow a specific route, at the moment it seems that Ian and Lena do not stop finding each other without the player being able to influence it, it seems evident that the title "Our Red Bond" is indicative that Ian and Lena are united by fate... The players will decide the type of relationship they will have, but somehow it seems that Ian and Lena are destined to interact with each other, that aspect is a meh in my opinion, I hope that in the following updates the game will really show us that we players have freedom and our decisions matter

Reactions: laliandra and Jubz

KekKoo

Apr 4, 2018
Do people actually believe 100% of all men are the same? Believe it or not some men are extremely open about their feeling and Ian is one of them and I have no problem with it. Plus, the guy is a "reviewer" and his job is basically sharing his opinion and emotion for a living.
While agreeing with this post right here, I'm going to share my opinion too.

Ian for me as far as his thinking is actually decently relatable because I'm EXTREMELY open, and in a regular state of mind, I'm absolutely NOT repressing my emotions. On top of that, not only do I LOVE having 2 MCs, one male, one female, but I LITERALLY am here for EVERYTHING this game is about to come at me with.

Ian is great for me because if I'm lucky, in contrast to most of the folks here it seems.. I want that delicious MxM.. if I can get it. If not, there's DEFINITELY always Lena, and I'm ALL here for either of them because Lena is awesome imo. Both Ian and Lena are great even in just this Alpha, and I couldn't be more excited for an up and coming WiP VN right now, this game is likely to hit ALL the points I typically want to see in a VN.

(For me, it's ultimately either MxM or GxB. I used to be exclusively stuck with GxB not only for the wrong reasons, but because I didn't understand myself yet. Now that I do.. I WANT BOTH, AND THIS GAME IS ALREADY MAKING ME SCREAM!)

Princess Groundhog

Nov 5, 2018
Ian is great for me because if I'm lucky, in contrast to most of the folks here it seems.. I want that delicious MxM..
Agreed, it would be interesting if Eva gave us that option. I could be wrong but it seemed like there could be something between Ian and Perry? But my main hope is that like in her previous game, Eva allows us to do our own thing, and I know she's big on choice. This is just an intro and it already does a lot of branching I think, so I don't mind that some things happen to our leads without our direct input exactly.

herrbertold

Jun 7, 2017
I think that this is a great start. People need to keep in mind that this is just the begining, the ground work, we have no idea where this is going to go. It might come to pass that it turns into 2 games in 1 (if the storyline/choices seperates Ian from Lena) But even if it doesn't, the only thing that will suck with every game is that there are or might be things you dislike and can't do a damned thing about. (for me its pubic hair and tats. To many games don't have pubic hair, or they have to many tats. Its my opinion, but I don't whine about it if its not relevant to the story/immersion) So, suck it up and enjoy the game as it is, or don't play. simple :)

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I enjoyed GGGB because I could immerse in the story. We were both girls and both ginger. Sadly she was a lot taller than me but I got to immerse in the land of the giants and speak to people on eye level for a change.

That said I was only interested in the lesbian side of things. I got 2 options and both were great, full immersion and characters that drew me in.

I do wish Eva all the best with this new one but after playing it I couldn't get into it.

I can see what she's going for in the writing and how she wants to make both protags work with some crossover but I wasn't all that interested in most of the characters. All the stuttery conversations from the social shut ins grates on me.

The only big problem though is i'd only be interested in half the story so I wouldn't be able to enjoy this as a whole.

It's a shame because I do like the idea of the choices crossing over and conversations appearing as you'd answered them.

I do hope this does well though, she is a great writer and the artwork is decent so hopefully it finds as much success with the players as GGGB did.

Jtac

Aug 27, 2017
I think this was a fantastic v.01 for a new project by somebody that had a lot of expectation to live up to. Of the games that I have played only Being a DIK is really comparable in terms of quality from the get go. with how this game is going to play out i decide to make a graph to show the connections all the charters have. if i missed anything please let me know (people who have not yet really played a role are not in ie lean's mom and dad) View attachment Red string graph v1.pdf

CrowleyJ

Jul 11, 2017
I think it's great. Generally I only go for a female protagonist, but I'm quite interested to see how these two interact with each other and other people.

I also don't really get all the people saying it'll take more time/work for Evakiss to get updates out based on writing two points of view for some scenes. It isn't going to take longer than writing an entire new scene from scratch, and when she's writing the scene a second time it'll take less time to get it working because she's already got it blocked out. She knows what events will happen in the scene she just needs to add a new perspective, which will take less time, and I think it'll be pretty interesting to see more and more extreme scenes from a different perspective.

Reactions: Brickman

Floga

Jun 30, 2018
Points for Intelligence, Lust etc., are not increasing beyond 1. Is that how it's supposed to be, or is it a bug?
EDIT: There's a bar that fills to level up, my bad.

Last edited:
Reactions: Brickman

aifgamer

Apr 11, 2018
The moments where you control Lena and interact with Ian are horrible, I mean, is it necessary to repeat the dialogue twice?
I think it's unavoidable that these scenes are repetitive at the beginning, since we're just being introduced to the characters and they have no history.

I think it could become much more interesting as the story progresses and paths diverge.

Swiftnissity

Jul 27, 2018
While agreeing with this post right here, I'm going to share my opinion too.

Ian for me as far as his thinking is actually decently relatable because I'm EXTREMELY open, and in a regular state of mind, I'm absolutely NOT repressing my emotions. On top of that, not only do I LOVE having 2 MCs, one male, one female, but I LITERALLY am here for EVERYTHING this game is about to come at me with.

Ian is great for me because if I'm lucky, in contrast to most of the folks here it seems.. I want that delicious MxM.. if I can get it. If not, there's DEFINITELY always Lena, and I'm ALL here for either of them because Lena is awesome imo. Both Ian and Lena are great even in just this Alpha, and I couldn't be more excited for an up and coming WiP VN right now, this game is likely to hit ALL the points I typically want to see in a VN.

(For me, it's ultimately either MxM or GxB. I used to be exclusively stuck with GxB not only for the wrong reasons, but because I didn't understand myself yet. Now that I do.. I WANT BOTH, AND THIS GAME IS ALREADY MAKING ME SCREAM!)
Same thoughts here.
I'm liking Ian and find him relatable along with his struggles and work (and with writing). Also I want that MxM content too! I upped my pledge to show support and can't wait to see what the future holds.

Oct 18, 2016
I really liked this release. There's a decent amount of interesting characters who I'd enjoy seeing more of. It's so weird seeing people post that the male MC is 'unrealistic' because he isn't a walking talking dick whose only thoughts are sex and pop culture. Do people actually prefer that instead of it just being bad/lazy writing?

4.60 star(s) 312 Votes