Brickman

May 26, 2017
I'm really liking Our Red String so far.

What baffled me, though, was the scene in which Louise asked Lena to spend the night with her.

First off, this gave me an intense 'Ashley's dad deja vu' and secondly, it came out of nowhere.

Ashley's dad had "comprehensible" reasons:
His wife had just left him, he had been unemployed for a year, he was obviously depressive.

Louise on the other hand seems like a normal, grounded girl - and just because her new boyfriend had different plans for the weekend, she's all in tears and asks Lena to spend the night with her?

I found that hard to believe.
You'd be surprised, I've met a few girls like that, crazy emotional and very needy. Louise seems to be like that, she needs validation from her boyfriend desperately and when she doesn't get it she tries to get it from the other person closer to her, her friend Lena in this case.

Brickman

May 26, 2017
I know, but i want a new guy :D
Ian has Holly, Alison and Cherry why can't Lena also have a few good guys :D

btw guys, what do you think...are Ian & Lena gonna have sex in 0.3? :)
I don't know, quantity tends to go against quality. Instead of flooding the game with several Ian-type of guys I think Eva should keep it consistent like this. If you want Lena to be with someone nice you have Ian, and then you can corrupt her with several different characters. Having too many options would make things feel repetitive and stretch the content too thin imo

John Doe Jr.

Jun 11, 2017
i hope we get more of holly in the next update, she is the one i like the most so far and i bet she's probably pretty freaky under that shy exterior, also this might be an unpopular opinion but i'm gonna make lena have at least one hate fuck session with axel that would be so hot
I think her freakiness will be determined by which path you go down. If you decide to corrupt her then yeah, she's definitely gonna be freaky. If you keep her as she is now I think the sex scenes are gonna be sweet and wholesome

mehGusta

Aug 28, 2017
I know, but i want a new guy :D
Ian has Holly, Alison and Cherry why can't Lena also have a few good guys :D
can't agree more!
I don't know, quantity tends to go against quality. Instead of flooding the game with several Ian-type of guys I think Eva should keep it consistent like this. If you want Lena to be with someone nice you have Ian, and then you can corrupt her with several different characters. Having too many options would make things feel repetitive and stretch the content too thin imo
well, of course it shouldn't be more ian-type of guys. it's just that like SpikeZg said that there aren't any options like ian has. i for one miss a character like jack, because he is now split in two: jeremy and axel. jack was a jacked womanizer with a "not my problem" attitude, but he respected rules and could be even considerate. jeremy is a womanizer who holds himself to no rules in regard to his skirt chasing and axel is a jacked idiot as inconsiderate as one can get. this story so far misses a good looking guy that's not an ass, besides ian who really could be a rival (so far i can't see how axel could ever redeem himself, to be considered a worthy rival). for example robert could have easily been a such a guy, if he wasn't manipulative and possessive, but instead just pushy and a little demanding. that way he wouldn't be an asshole hell-bend on trying to sleep with lena and would be just trying to clumsily convey his attraction to her.
i would be happy that would be already the case, as someone here pointed out that ian might only be able to overcome his flash backs of gillian, if he gets together with lena and lena could, like ivy said, set her mind off axel. as i'm sure that some people want a playthrough with the first sex scene to be lena and ian's, so that means the scene needs to be early.
however ian and lena are undoubtedly the main couple of this game and having a sex scene this early, would be a loss for a lot of potential build up.

so, personally speaking: yeah i hope so.
realistically speaking: i highly doubt it.

kaneqc

Apr 7, 2019
i hope we get more of holly in the next update, she is the one i like the most so far and i bet she's probably pretty freaky under that shy exterior, also this might be an unpopular opinion but i'm gonna make lena have at least one hate fuck session with axel that would be so hot
That, or have Lena pity fuck Stan

BloodyMares

Dec 4, 2017
can't agree more!
well, of course it shouldn't be more ian-type of guys. it's just that like SpikeZg said that there aren't any options like ian has. i for one miss a character like jack, because he is now split in two: jeremy and axel. jack was a jacked womanizer with a "not my problem" attitude, but he respected rules and could be even considerate. jeremy is a womanizer who holds himself to no rules in regard to his skirt chasing and axel is a jacked idiot as inconsiderate as one can get. this story so far misses a good looking guy that's not an ass, besides ian who really could be a rival (so far i can't see how axel could ever redeem himself, to be considered a worthy rival). for example robert could have easily been a such a guy, if he wasn't manipulative and possessive, but instead just pushy and a little demanding. that way he wouldn't be an asshole hell-bend on trying to sleep with lena and would be just trying to clumsily convey his attraction to her.

i would be happy that would be already the case, as someone here pointed out that ian might only be able to overcome his flash backs of gillian, if he gets together with lena and lena could, like ivy said, set her mind off axel. as i'm sure that some people want a playthrough with the first sex scene to be lena and ian's, so that means the scene needs to be early.
however ian and lena are undoubtedly the main couple of this game and having a sex scene this early, would be a loss for a lot of potential build up.

so, personally speaking: yeah i hope so.
realistically speaking: i highly doubt it.
I support this 100%. Ironically, in GGGB that is much more shallow than ORS, Jack is probably one of the most interesting characters to explore. I'd say, Jack and Jessica were the best part of GGGB in terms of writing and he would fit in the ORS world more organically. I wish Jeremy was a better friend to Ian at least, so we could have this different opinion about him as Ian, as opposed to Louise who suffers directly from his behavior. After all, we all have people in our lives who constantly see our good side and those who are more likely to see our bad side.
Robert could be the same but with Lena. At first, you meet him as an angry drunk as Ian and are happy to beat him up but then you meet him as Lena and realize that he's not actually that bad, probably had a bad day or something. When he flips in Ch.2 and shows how rotten he truly is, he stops being complex and turns into an obvious asshole that you can't sympathize with anymore (unless you accept his behavior as normal).
And it's especially frustrating because he reminds me of my past self the most in terms of being obsessive and crushing so hard and not being able to handle rejection. Thinking that affection is something you should work for instead of accepting it as a random thing that occurs based on chemistry. Not realizing that you can't make someone fall in love with you, no matter how hard you try.
So on one hand, I have a character that I can relate to the most and therefore would most likely root for him if it wasn't for his pushy and manipulative side. But on another hand, it was an eye-opener that made me reflect on the mindset that I had in the past and certain behavior I exhibited towards a girl that was quite similar to Robert's. So, on this part, I am very grateful to Eva that she wrote Robert the way he is. It is quite exaggerated and probably took away from his complexity but it helped me see how toxic this behavior could be. Even if you're not being manipulative or pushy, you can't confidently consider yourself a nice guy if you are being obsessive and make girls feel that uncomfortable around you.

In relation to Ian and Lena's sex, I do want it to happen but I don't want it to happen this soon because sex is not a destination. It's not just about sex but something much deeper. It's about a journey. Yes, I do want to see these 2 lovebirds make the sweetest love or fuck their frustrations and problems away. But it would be anticlimactic if it happened this early. They only had one official date and judging by the way they reacted to a simple kiss, blushing and saying awkward things like a couple of teenagers, I don't think it'll happen this soon. And even after that, both of them didn't want to assume too much and get their hopes up, despite both enjoying that kiss. So they need at least 1 more proper date where they're not in a rush and can take their time to talk and show affection to each other, slowly building intimacy between them. And it's not even talking about a route where the kiss doesn't happen or the date doesn't happen. In those routes, they need MUCH more time to develop intimacy and get somewhere close to having sex. So I'd wager we can only see them have sexual intimacy (could be just third base) in 0.5, if we are lucky. But if both of them are on the Lust path, it could be sooner I guess.

Last edited:

SpikeZg

Engaged Member
May 8, 2018
BloodyMares i love reading your novels man :LOL:(y)

in 0.3 i hope we see their second date, and after that, who knows...:sneaky:, maybe Lena invites him to her place, he meets Louise and Stan or Ian invites her to his place, she meets Perry and what do you know, Jeremy stops by to say hi and ask did he fuck Alison and oh boy... :eek::oops::LOL:

BloodyMares

Dec 4, 2017
SpikeZg

Thank you. I appreciate your praise, I do enjoy writing quite a bit. You are not the first person to compliment it and it does feel nice but unfortunately, I don't have enough inspiration or creativity to come up with and write something original, so the only way I can fully realize my passion is by writing extensive comments or forum posts. I wouldn't mind doing the same internship that Ian does though but the pay grade probably not worth the effort.

Oh no... :oops: I totally forgot how Jeremy could ruin everything between them. If he does, I'll totally make Ian complete Wen's training and mess him up.
On the other hand, if there's an option for an open relationship, I wouldn't mind that. But as long as Jeremy is out of the picture and stays far away from Alison and Lena. You need to be a bro and not a backstabbing bitch if you want your buddy to share his girl(s) with you.

Reactions: SpikeZg

BloodyMares

Dec 4, 2017
Friends Normal Hate Lovers Ex Married (?)

I hates how GGGB is like "Ash got married, the end". Hopefully this game continues after marriage.
Agreed. Marriage is not the end, there are opportunities to explore the relationship(s) after that. What kind of marriage it is, is it traditional, is it open, is someone cheating, what do you do when you realize that your SO was unfaithful or the other way around, what do you do when they find out that you were unfaithful, how do you spice it up to not drown in daily grind etc. Lots of story potential there. Probably less surprises if Ian gets married to Lena, since both characters are under the player's control but you can still manufacture some drama and trigger some interesting scenarios.

Cabot

Jun 20, 2017
And I'm surprised how quickly relationships plummeted. Ian can become :mad: with Minerva, Jeremy, and Perry in no time
That was one of the bugs that has already been fixed (don't remember if after alpha or beta), "=-" was being used as operator instead of "-=" so the relationship became negative instead of being just reduced the right amount.

If you keep a save pre-fix the relationship will remain negative, that's just another of example of why is advisable to keep only saves from final versions, alphas and betas are for testing. Anyhow, Eva has announced that a new variable will be introduced in Chapter 2 (regarding Ian drawings of Lena) so a save from the start of that scene will probably be needed in order to not have problems with Chapter 3.

taihen_addict

Dec 6, 2016
If Lena brings Robert home, Lena-Lola relationship drops, right? So does that mean if Lena brings Ian home, Lena/Lola relationship increase? What about Ian/Lola relationship? I think Ian and Lola will hit it off so much, Ian and Lena will forget about sex!

BTW, Lola is the cat! I'm a cat person :p

SpikeZg

Engaged Member
May 8, 2018
Lola is cute :giggle:

I would like for the first time that Lena brings Ian at her place, he pets her, and she purrs, Lena sees that from across the room and goes awww, she's never done that with anyone new so fast, this guy must be a genuine nice person :D

and then, sexy time... :LOL:

Jun 15, 2017
I would like if someone good enters Lena's life, some new guy that is actually decent/good and not a creep :D
Same. Here we are forced towards a Ian/Lena relationship and although I would like that, Iwould aslo like to have the choice.
Yes, I know we mostly have the choice to do whatever we want but when it comes to Ian and Lena, we don't really have it. Right away, they're both attracted to each other and if we don't ask her Peoplegram, we get it anyway, if we don't askher on a date, we still get to talk about the same things with her (not sure if we get to kiss her though). Se, basically we're being set up for a Ian/Lena couple and although I don't mind it at all, the way it is done kinda annoys me because if instead I'd like for Ian to be interested in someone else instead, then Lena would "get in the way"
I don't know and like some people said before, it would be better to take time like two lovebirds learning about each other until they realise they're in love. That would be sweet.
But concerning Ch.3, I can't help but feel like we'll get the chance to score with Ivy as Ian (Charisma and/or Lust probably required) since we were introduced to her when we were with Jeremy and we also get the chance to joke if we have enough charisma which probably would be a good point with a girl like her. Since she teaches poledancing in the same building Ian trains, I think it's fair to assume we'll get the chance soon enough.
Also, maybe we'll stumble upon Perry and Cherry having a hot time together but only if we help him get her number.
i hope we get more of holly in the next update, she is the one i like the most so far and i bet she's probably pretty freaky under that shy exterior
I think her freakiness will be determined by which path you go down. If you decide to corrupt her then yeah, she's definitely gonna be freaky. If you keep her as she is now I think the sex scenes are gonna be sweet and wholesome
Ah ! Yes ! Holly is my number 1 girl but when it comes to her being a freak, I agree with John Doe Jr. it will depend on our actions and I even think that her corruption will indirectly come from Ivy. Why Ivy ? Because she's the one who's influencing Lena into being naughtier and I think Lena will be the one leading Holly down that path... maybe Holly will end up writing romance/sex novels ?
robert could have easily been a such a guy, if he wasn't manipulative and possessive, but instead just pushy and a little demanding. that way he wouldn't be an asshole hell-bend on trying to sleep with lena and would be just trying to clumsily convey his attraction to her.
Although I don't think Robert is manipulative and possessive, I agree that he's pushy and demanding. He clearly has things to improve and if he does improve and change his behavior, then I think he could potentially be a good partner
And it's especially frustrating because he reminds me of my past self the most in terms of being obsessive and crushing so hard and not being able to handle rejection.
If you were able to change, then there's hope for Robert to change too ;)(y)
If he does, then good for him and maybe good for Lena but if he doesn't change ... then it's not a big loss ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Oh no... :oops: I totally forgot how Jeremy could ruin everything between them. If he does, I'll totally make Ian complete Wen's training and mess him up.
On the other hand, if there's an option for an open relationship, I wouldn't mind that. But as long as Jeremy is out of the picture and stays far away from Alison and Lena. You need to be a bro and not a backstabbing bitch if you want your buddy to share his girl(s) with you.
Why do you think I decided to grapple Robert instead of kicking him ? :LOL: I definitely want to be trained by Wen and potentially bring Jeremy down if he needs to be taught a lesson, this would probably give Ian more confidence if that was possible.

Reactions: John Doe Jr.
4.60 star(s) 316 Votes