Benzombie

Jun 7, 2017
This game is one of the few that keeps me excited for the next update (we also have LiL and a few others), as long as she doesn't start having 6+ month updates i'm fine with her pace.
one on hand I agree completely, on the other I've seen this happened before with summertime saga

Reactions: tiger8125

oopsoops

Apr 29, 2020
why so many complaints about delay? I thought I read a post about the Dev had health issues last month, but is recovered and trying to catch up with the game development?

• Haha
Reactions: BorgiaBou

scor099

Aug 6, 2018
You talking about work ethic and empathy makes me laugh, i'll tell you for whom i have empathy and who has good work ethic are those devs who stop their patreon pages when they don't deliver in sign of good faith towards their patreons (luckly they are a few who do that) so don't come here and talk to me about morals and whteva else...
Oh so you're actually one of her patreons? :unsure:

scor099

Aug 6, 2018
why so many complaints about delay? I thought I read a post about the Dev had health issues last month, but is recovered and trying to catch up with the game development?
Fuck Eva's health and whatever causing the delay, we want the game we're pirating and didn't pay shit for it and we want it as soon as possible and we'll complain like little shits if we don't get it and facepalm anyone who disagree with us.

BloodyMares

Dec 4, 2017
Then she should't say things like that, so stop finding excuses for all them delays...
It's her Patreon, she can say whatever she wants regarding the development of the game. SMH, do Patreon creators need to censor themselves just to appease the crowd? Yeah, not gonna happen with Eva considering she included Minerva's plot in the game to show how much she hates the creative restrictions and selling out and prefers to be her own boss.

Now, all that said, I understand you. I've been there. It's a shitty trend when most creators become lazy/greedy with their games and don't release their work on time. I've been a follower of some games I used to enjoy where eventually a creator just got worse and worse. To name a few, Lily of the Valley takes 4 months to release an update with just a couple of new scenes, while the branch/route tracking is awful, the dev is constantly lying about releasing the game on time, constantly delays with bullshit excuses nobody buys anymore, like working on some secondary game nobody asked for etc, etc. And on top of it, the game has been in development for 5 years already. BUT, I think you're overreacting with Eva.

Granted, I'm biased because I benefit from her work, but I know that if I didn't become a creator and saw the code for myself, didn't know some of the BTS stuff that happens, etc, I would share your frustration, because ORS has become my favorite adult game ever and it's very hard to wait longer times for something you love. Because in the end, while you might care about the developer, the selfish need to play your favorite game is higher for the majority of people.

So, why do I find the first case to be problematic while I give the benefit of the doubt to Eva? I use these criteria to determine whether the dev is trustworthy or not:

1) The rate of past updates. You said it yourself, GGGB had stable releases for the entirety of development, and the delay for a few days was taken very seriously by Eva herself. The development took around 3 years. In my opinion, that makes the dev trustworthy even if the newest game which is MUCH more complicated to make, takes longer to update.
There are 2 ways to interpret the current delay: As a singular hiccup, that is caused by Eva taking a proper 1-month break from development, by hiring a professional coder (all the business talk), the UI redesign, the gallery implementation, etc. Or if it's a trend that's going to continue. I'm one of those who is 90% certain that it's just this update that is taking too long. Further, Eva would have less things to worry about (the coder would do most of the coding, the gallery will be maintained by Lara, etc) so it should balance the update rate. Then it will all depend on the writing. If it goes well, then the updates would go back to bi-monthly releases (monthly is just unrealistic for this type of game). If she has more struggles, then the updates shouldn't take longer than 3 months. Now, if the updates become consistently rare, with 5 months wait in between, then yeah, I would agree that Eva really needs to think things through and find a way to optimize her development process even more, up to hiring writing assistents (loremasters to keep all the info about story structure, events etc for her).

2) The quality of updates. Like I said, some devs take as much time or even longer to release short updates with just 2 or 3 scenes in the game and barely 15 minutes of gameplay. Eva clearly comes out on top when it comes to the quality of updates and the amount of content presented in each chapter. Based on this criteria, I was never felt let down by Eva. The fact that each of the latest updates took up to 30 pages in the walkthrough says everything you need to know about the amount of content in them.

3) The rate of Patreon posts addressing the development of the game. Granted, this time the development ended up being rocky, the cards thing ended up being controversial, but even still, she still posts updates at an acceptable rate, letting her patrons know what's what. Compared to my other example, who is mostly radio-silent, Eva once again passes my criteria of trustworthy developers.

If you try to account for all three, then perhaps you'd be able to decide for yourself if your reaction and outrage is justified, or perhaps you're panicking a bit too early.

I hope that my post was helpful to you. If you don't care about any of my points and end up sticking to your mindset, then all I ask is to stop constantly dooming in this thread. You managed to send your point across. But doing it repeatedly is kinda toxic and derails the conversation from discussion about the game to discussion about the creator which makes you look like a troll.

Last edited:
Nov 15, 2020
Sad to see the dev lost a few tons of patreons
Her patreons count is stable at the moment, and the only time she's really lost a significant amount of followers was after she had finished GGGB. When someone cancels their membership on Patreon, they've already paid for that month, and it doesn't show on the patreons count until the 1st of the next month. Therefore most Patreon creators have a significant drop in patreons at the turn of the month, before the number gradually increases again. The development of her followers count over time can be seen on Graphtreon: .

Edit: Tl;dr-version posted by UshiNoMimi a few seconds before me ;)

ntrnar

Jul 21, 2017
Her patreons count is stable at the moment, and the only time she's really lost a significant amount of followers was after she had finished GGGB. When someone cancels their membership on Patreon, they've already paid for that month, and it doesn't show on the patreons count until the 1st of the next month. Therefore most Patreon creators have a significant drop in patreons at the turn of the month, before the number gradually increases again. The development of her followers count over time can be seen on Graphtreon: .

Edit: Tl;dr-version posted by UshiNoMimi a few seconds before me ;)
Exactly. This will also be a good month for Eva with the release of the new version of the game. Many people will resub early and people like myself will move up a tier or two to access this earlier. My rule of thumb is to pay for the status updates for the down months and pay for the alpha when it is released.

Nov 15, 2020
Exactly. This will also be a good month for Eva with the release of the new version of the game. Many people will resub early and people like myself will move up a tier or two to access this earlier. My rule of thumb is to pay for the status updates for the down months and pay for the alpha when it is released.
Yeah, that's basically how I do it with my subscription as well.

It looks like she gained a lot of new followers around the time the story really started to get going, around chapter 6. Maybe something similar will happen now, with her goal to move the plot even further forward. She deserves a nice pay with the amount of work she's putting in and the quality of the content, but she also seems to use a significant amount of the funds on background design, coding and so on. If her follower count starts increasing again and she eventually gets the game on Steam, it will be interesting to see if she'll delegate even more of the work, and if that can improve the production time.

Reactions: dogedoge
4.60 star(s) 318 Votes