Mod Ren'Py Our Red String JDMOD [0.12.2.2c] [JohnDupont]

5.00 star(s) 8 Votes

Lord Bradley

May 28, 2019
If you have the time, reviewing this thread would be nice. It's sad, it only got 2.
I always wondered if I should write more reviews from stuff I enjoy on this site so I decided this might as well be a good starting point. I tried to be as unbiased as possible, you really did make a great mod so complimenting it is easy. If anyone else wants to leave review you gotta click the rating stars (I had trouble finding out how to write a review so maybe someone could find this useful).

• Red Heart
Reactions: JohnDupont

JohnDupont

Modder
May 26, 2017
I always wondered if I should write more reviews from stuff I enjoy on this site so I decided this might as well be a good starting point. I tried to be as unbiased as possible, you really did make a great mod so complimenting it is easy. If anyone else wants to leave review you gotta click the rating stars (I had trouble finding out how to write a review so maybe someone could find this useful).
Thanks a lot! :love::love:

Reactions: Lord Bradley

Akabakka

Jul 12, 2023
Yeah i don't usually review mods , and probably take it for granted , like many of us around . But you deserve some spotlight and props . Thanks again for the good work , especially with needing to deal with haphazard updates , leaks , alphas , betas , bugs etc

JohnDupont

Modder
May 26, 2017
Yeah i don't usually review mods , and probably take it for granted , like many of us around . But you deserve some spotlight and props . Thanks again for the good work , especially with needing to deal with haphazard updates , leaks , alphas , betas , bugs etc
Thank you for the reviews and kind words. The number of review more than doubled in a couple of hours \o/.

atrebor68

Engaged Member
Aug 26, 2020
JohnDupont pardon my question, I skipped the second-last update of ORS and I installed the last. The MOD JDMOD [0.12.2.2c] doesn't work, exactly ?

JohnDupont

Modder
May 26, 2017
I got this error when i try to save the game. View attachment 4039153
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Thanks for the report. The fix is out.
JohnDupont pardon my question, I skipped the second-last update of ORS and I installed the last. The MOD JDMOD [0.12.2.2c] doesn't work, exactly ?
I don't understand the question. It should "work" but you won't have access to the modded content of Chapter 12.3.

Lord Bradley

May 28, 2019
I am still tinkering with Cindy cheat with Ian, but try to stay together with Wade route and it's intoxicating. The fine line to balance between being a weasel and a friend, between being innocent fling and cruel game, between opening Cindy up for corruption and trying to shelter her from other hungry dogs. I could NOT do it without this mod. And while I try to manouver this complex route I also tried some new things with side characters and events and I found some nice surprises I did not discover on my other playthroughs.

This mod and original game in my eyes are like those symbiotic organisms who link up at some point in their lives and can never be separated again and depend on each other.

JohnDupont

Modder
May 26, 2017
I am still tinkering with Cindy cheat with Ian, but try to stay together with Wade route and it's intoxicating. The fine line to balance between being a weasel and a friend, between being innocent fling and cruel game, between opening Cindy up for corruption and trying to shelter her from other hungry dogs. I could NOT do it without this mod. And while I try to manouver this complex route I also tried some new things with side characters and events and I found some nice surprises I did not discover on my other playthroughs.

This mod and original game in my eyes are like those symbiotic organisms who link up at some point in their lives and can never be separated again and depend on each other.
What did you find out?

Lord Bradley

May 28, 2019
What did you find out?
That this route will be the death of me haha
I basically boosted Wade/Cindy relationship as much as possible throughout game (obviously there were times where Ian/Cindy took priority, the whole point of this route is to start the cheating) - and in the end there is either crying Wade who moans about breaking up with Cindy or peaceful Wade who seems content with breaking up with Cindy.
So how the hell do you keep those two together while still enjoying the blondie as Ian at least a little bit.
I even told Axel that Cindy is Wade's girl, to not be so touchy etc. Made sure Lena keeps Axel's balls empty and heart full as well as inquire about relationship with Cindy (which he claimed to not exist beyond work).
Couple of key moments I can think of where maybe I could go about it differently, but according to mod that did not include Wade/Cindy relationship alterations and logically shouldn't impact it either.
I heard from some people that if Wade/Cindy relationship is 2 or something then 2nd Axel photo in last update peoplegram doesn't happen, but those must be people who are not fooling around with Cindy behind Wade's back.
I will have to take a look at it again with newer mod version for latest game version cause I've been going blind for last chapter tho I tried several different approaches and results were still just 2 different types of breakup.

As for the interesting side character/event things, you could get those in almost any route I suppose, but since my focus was targeted on Cindy/Wade I made some choices I don't normally make for other routes..
- Lena pleasing Seymour (no nasty stalkfap, no tattoos, using fancy clothes and having some standards)
- Allison kept her original hair I didn't even see her blonde once, cause she was hooking up with Jeremy, then Ian, then Jeremy briefly again, then Ian again - it was quite interesting.
- Slutty Holly started flirting with Ian before the beach which was a first on any of my Slutty Holly runs, I think because Ian did not have any serious relationship (since no one really knows about Cindy).
- Wade actually looks for a job instead trying to get eliminated from his 500th tournament lol.
- Seymour seeing Ian as prospect now that he isn't busy trying to persuade Lena.

Basically I think I played it close to perfection for 11 chapters considering what my goal is. Either I need to play chapter 12 to pixel perfection now or Eva Kiss screwed me over with some hiden choice in who-know-where chapter. Or maybe it's a ruse... This trying to keep Wade and Cindy together with Ian dipping in that sweet blondie nectar is just a chest of gold at end of a rainbow.....

AndrewJr

Jul 13, 2017
I am trying to play the game, however with the mod installed I cannot open the save/load menu without the game crashing and displaying the below?

Is there a fix for this?

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/JDMOD/scripts/gui/renpy/screen_saveload.rpy", line 8, in execute
File "game/JDMOD/scripts/gui/renpy/screen_saveload.rpy", line 11, in execute
File "game/JDMOD/scripts/gui/renpy/screen_saveload.rpy", line 12, in execute
File "game/JDMOD/scripts/gui/renpy/screen_saveload.rpy", line 18, in execute
File "game/JDMOD/scripts/gui/renpy/screen_saveload.rpy", line 22, in execute
File "game/scripts/gui/renpy/screen_gamemenu.rpy", line 12, in execute
File "game/scripts/gui/renpy/screen_gamemenu.rpy", line 20, in execute
File "game/scripts/gui/renpy/screen_gamemenu.rpy", line 23, in execute
File "game/scripts/gui/renpy/screen_gamemenu.rpy", line 30, in execute
File "game/scripts/gui/renpy/screen_gamemenu.rpy", line 33, in execute
File "game/scripts/gui/renpy/screen_gamemenu.rpy", line 72, in execute
File "game/JDMOD/scripts/gui/renpy/screen_saveload.rpy", line 23, in execute
File "game/JDMOD/scripts/gui/renpy/screen_saveload.rpy", line 36, in execute
File "game/JDMOD/scripts/gui/renpy/screen_saveload.rpy", line 40, in execute
File "game/JDMOD/scripts/gui/renpy/screen_saveload.rpy", line 42, in execute
File "game/JDMOD/scripts/gui/renpy/screen_saveload.rpy", line 49, in execute
File "game/JDMOD/scripts/gui/renpy/screen_saveload.rpy", line 51, in execute
File "game/JDMOD/scripts/gui/renpy/screen_saveload.rpy", line 51, in <module>
AttributeError: 'StoreModule' object has no attribute 'slot_width'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in script
python hide:
File "C:\Argonaught3\Games\OurRedString-v11.0_epilogue-pc\OurRedString-v11.0_epilogue-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1131, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "C:\Argonaught3\Games\OurRedString-v11.0_epilogue-pc\OurRedString-v11.0_epilogue-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1061, in py_exec_bytecode
exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in <module>
python hide:
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 35, in _execute_python_hide
ui.interact()
File "C:\Argonaught3\Games\OurRedString-v11.0_epilogue-pc\OurRedString-v11.0_epilogue-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 299, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "C:\Argonaught3\Games\OurRedString-v11.0_epilogue-pc\OurRedString-v11.0_epilogue-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3377, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, pause_modal=pause_modal, **kwargs) # type: ignore
File "C:\Argonaught3\Games\OurRedString-v11.0_epilogue-pc\OurRedString-v11.0_epilogue-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3810, in interact_core
root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
File "C:\Argonaught3\Games\OurRedString-v11.0_epilogue-pc\OurRedString-v11.0_epilogue-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 582, in visit_all
d.visit_all(callback, seen)
File "C:\Argonaught3\Games\OurRedString-v11.0_epilogue-pc\OurRedString-v11.0_epilogue-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 582, in visit_all
[Previous line repeated 1 more time]
File "C:\Argonaught3\Games\OurRedString-v11.0_epilogue-pc\OurRedString-v11.0_epilogue-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 451, in visit_all
callback(self)
File "C:\Argonaught3\Games\OurRedString-v11.0_epilogue-pc\OurRedString-v11.0_epilogue-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3810, in <lambda>
File "C:\Argonaught3\Games\OurRedString-v11.0_epilogue-pc\OurRedString-v11.0_epilogue-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 462, in per_interact
self.update()
File "C:\Argonaught3\Games\OurRedString-v11.0_epilogue-pc\OurRedString-v11.0_epilogue-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 653, in update
self.screen.function(**self.scope)

Windows-10-10.0.22631 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.0.3.22090809
Our Red String v11.0_epilogue
Sat Sep 21 12:31:45 2024
```

JohnDupont

Modder
May 26, 2017
I am trying to play the game, however with the mod installed I cannot open the save/load menu without the game crashing and displaying the below?

Is there a fix for this?

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in script
python hide:
File "C:\Argonaught3\Games\OurRedString-v11.0_epilogue-pc\OurRedString-v11.0_epilogue-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1131, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "C:\Argonaught3\Games\OurRedString-v11.0_epilogue-pc\OurRedString-v11.0_epilogue-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1061, in py_exec_bytecode
exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in <module>
python hide:
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 35, in _execute_python_hide
ui.interact()
File "C:\Argonaught3\Games\OurRedString-v11.0_epilogue-pc\OurRedString-v11.0_epilogue-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 299, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "C:\Argonaught3\Games\OurRedString-v11.0_epilogue-pc\OurRedString-v11.0_epilogue-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3377, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, pause_modal=pause_modal, **kwargs) # type: ignore
File "C:\Argonaught3\Games\OurRedString-v11.0_epilogue-pc\OurRedString-v11.0_epilogue-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3810, in interact_core
[Previous line repeated 1 more time]
File "C:\Argonaught3\Games\OurRedString-v11.0_epilogue-pc\OurRedString-v11.0_epilogue-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 451, in visit_all
callback(self)
File "C:\Argonaught3\Games\OurRedString-v11.0_epilogue-pc\OurRedString-v11.0_epilogue-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3810, in <lambda>
File "C:\Argonaught3\Games\OurRedString-v11.0_epilogue-pc\OurRedString-v11.0_epilogue-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 462, in per_interact
self.update()
File "C:\Argonaught3\Games\OurRedString-v11.0_epilogue-pc\OurRedString-v11.0_epilogue-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 653, in update
self.screen.function(**self.scope)

Windows-10-10.0.22631 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.0.3.22090809
Our Red String v11.0_epilogue
Sat Sep 21 12:31:45 2024
```
This part of the mod is identical to the game which was modified in chapter 12. Try using the latest version of the game.

NLegend

May 8, 2021
Hi! i was wondering, is the mod out yet? it says FINAL on the main page, yet the games full link name is ''Full''. So im assuming its not out yet, i know it was said that it would release today, but maybe im too early:p

5.00 star(s) 8 Votes