Ren'Py Our Red String, new EvaKiss game discussion thread

Cicica

Jan 5, 2018

Unlocked
Our Red String teaser (19) Revealing the playable characters!
Hey guys, this time for real lol!
Our Red String will have two playable characters: Ian and Lena. It's funny how both of them were left the last ones to be revealed, couldn't have timed it better :) Sorry, you'll have to wait until the next game to have a house cat as the MC... I guess this is not as unexpected!
GGGB has Ashley as the female lead and you guys loved it. Of course I was going to use a female MC for this next game... But there were other characters in GGGB that I wish I could've written POV for. So I got this idea.
What if I had two main characters this time, one male and one female, which paths and choices intertwine as the story goes on? I had pushed what I was capable of doing with straightforward choice mechanics and branching storylines with GGGB, and I wanted to go a bit deeper next, explore other options that narrative medium could offer. And this gives me the opportunity to write from a male point of view and incorporate new and interesting gameplay mechanics, and to make choices even more interesting, with colliding and intertwining consequences. So you'll get all that you loved about GGGB's female protagonist and then some!
I hope you can relate to Ian and that you love Lena as much or even more than you loved Ashley. I already do :)
Oh, and this is not the only big reveal that I have to make. Stay tuned for more awesome news concerning ORS :)
Wooooo. Two main protagonists. What I was hoping for!

gmn

Jan 12, 2018
Well, we have already seen EvaKiss is quite a master in making adult VN, she's also quite a master in teasing! :D
Like a lot of people here, can't wait to discover the two MC... (and the real role of Lola, don't think she's just a joke :ROFLMAO:)

gobbet

Oct 11, 2017
Two playable characters? Welp, prepare for a really tiny updates, people...:cautious:
That depends. If the design is that you pick one of the two, and each release has to have content for both, then I tend to agree that each release will be quite a bit smaller than people are used to with GGGB.

However, there's also the possibility that you will play both of them, with each "chapter" flipping back and forth between the two perspectives. This plays into what she's talking about with competing choices.

Me, I'm just glad that the cat thing was a joke. Not really a fan of the omniscient observer perspective in these sorts of games.

BloodyMares

Dec 4, 2017
Wow, I guess it'll be very easy to relate with the male MC. Looks-wise at least. Curious to know if he has a pre-established personality (kinda like Ashley in GGGB) or if he's a dummy that has whatever personality you go for.

SpikeZg

Engaged Member
May 8, 2018
They both look great, Lena is f*** GORGEOUS :love:
anyone have a bigger pic? :)

This will be awesome :giggle:

Reactions: LaPein

Dysphorika

May 5, 2019
That's what it's called: https://f95zone.to/threads/wvm-day-1-7-v0-7-2-braindrop.35910/

One of the main girls can optionally be trans and she's treated wonderfully. I don't know if the developer has a trans partner, trans themselves, or is just a good human, but it's rare to see that in games like these.
Thanks

I hope the kitty will show up anyway, it's very cute and I'm a cat person!

And I still hope we get little cameos from GGGB too!
Agree

Reactions: Princess Groundhog

Brickman

May 26, 2017
No mention of animations in this new game right?
Eva Kiss wrote a reply to someone asking about animation in one of the first ORS teasers:

Unfortunately, no animations... Production wise is way beyond we can afford, adding just a single frame of animation per render would increase the production time and cost of images by a 50%, imagine making several frames per animation... Hand drawn animation can't be rendered with a computer (as it's name implies) and even though there are some ways of animating 2D images with computer software, it still would mean hiring someone full time. Now, just add to that that every image has several variations (like the 5 Ash had in GGGB, good, sexy, thug, slut and bimbo) and it has up to 20 possible add ons (like tattoos, bigger breasts, different clothing on or off, different possibilities of partner in many scenes...). Imagining the work it would take to animate all that, in GGGB style. Even 3D animated games can't afford to make animations of scenes with so much variability potential. You need to go almost as big as AAA game company to do something like that

D

Deleted member 1904081

Unlocked
Our Red String teaser (19) Revealing the playable characters!
Hey guys, this time for real lol!
Our Red String will have two playable characters: Ian and Lena. It's funny how both of them were left the last ones to be revealed, couldn't have timed it better :) Sorry, you'll have to wait until the next game to have a house cat as the MC... I guess this is not as unexpected!
GGGB has Ashley as the female lead and you guys loved it. Of course I was going to use a female MC for this next game... But there were other characters in GGGB that I wish I could've written POV for. So I got this idea.
What if I had two main characters this time, one male and one female, which paths and choices intertwine as the story goes on? I had pushed what I was capable of doing with straightforward choice mechanics and branching storylines with GGGB, and I wanted to go a bit deeper next, explore other options that narrative medium could offer. And this gives me the opportunity to write from a male point of view and incorporate new and interesting gameplay mechanics, and to make choices even more interesting, with colliding and intertwining consequences. So you'll get all that you loved about GGGB's female protagonist and then some!
I hope you can relate to Ian and that you love Lena as much or even more than you loved Ashley. I already do :)
Oh, and this is not the only big reveal that I have to make. Stay tuned for more awesome news concerning ORS :)
April fools came early man.