Ren'Py Our Red String, new EvaKiss game discussion thread

Sherka

Oct 1, 2017

Our Red String teaser (7) Revealing characters (3)

The poll was very close between A and C, but you finally voted for C! His name is Axel and despite his good looks, his attitude may not be as pretty... You'll have to wait a bit to discover what role he will play in the game.

He is like an aryan Jack without so many steroids

Higurashika

Nov 15, 2018
The name of the game is interestin. What do you think about it? The game is about bdsm or not?

Creeping Death

dies in loneliness
Donor
Jan 28, 2018
So this is the ORS thread, is this where the game will be published when it comes out?
Maybe someone will post the link. But the "offical" way would be to post a request in the game request forum, as soon as the game is released. Some uploader will then create an "official" thread with all the informations etc. needed for a game thread. But until then this is the thread for everything about ORS. Because in the GGGB thread it would be off-topic.

Reactions: Sherka

Sherka

Oct 1, 2017
The name of the game is interestin. What do you think about it? The game is about bdsm or not?
I think it's about a legend, I think it's japanese, talking about a red string that unites a couple who are destined to love each other or something, in several anime they refer to that

Reactions: Dysphorika

Higurashika

Nov 15, 2018
I think it's about a legend, I think it's japanese, talking about a red string that unites a couple who are destined to love each other or something
Hm... Interesting, but I doubt it. Because if we're talking about destined couple, we automatically cut off a lot of routes in the game. Sure, maybe this game would be story-driven, but I don't think so. Too many chars we see in polls.

Mwanted

Oct 1, 2017
Wow, I'm really happy reading the differences from gggb and the mistakes she made there covered.
It's basically ALL I pointed out except one thing: the drama (I want to see a more adult script, but maybe she has this covered alreadu) and I want to be sure the MC can also receive events passively, of course due to choices (in gggb she was basically only active, a huge flaw if you ask me)

Brickman

May 26, 2017
Wow, I'm really happy reading the differences from gggb and the mistakes she made there covered.
It's basically ALL I pointed out except one thing: the drama (I want to see a more adult script, but maybe she has this covered alreadu) and I want to be sure the MC can also receive events passively, of course due to choices (in gggb she was basically only active, a huge flaw if you ask me)
Yeah I'm sure Eva Kiss looked at your advice to address all the flaws you sou evidently saw in GGGB lol
Strangely enough, if anything, people complained that Ash was too passive regarding the events, that things happened to her rather than her actively having a purpose.

msleomac

Engaged Member
Feb 1, 2019
First time I hear about this game. Is it known what its roughly about?
Is it male protagonist or female protagonist? Do we know the protagonist yet, like age?
No details on the MC yet. I assume since it is similar to GGGB it will be female MC (my preference). But I suspect there might be male MC as well. its an ambitious project according to the patreon posts.

msleomac

Engaged Member
Feb 1, 2019
Red Sting is supposed to mean destined love. Its an concept wildly held in Asian culture and popularized by japanese manga and anime.

I assume based on GGGB the game is about finding true love in whatever form it may be and path to reach it. Also based on GGGB I assume lots of sex (Yes!!) and corruption and debauchry for those who prefer that. Or vanilla if thats your preference.

Reactions: Daniel xVxd

Dysphorika

May 5, 2019
Hm... Interesting, but I doubt it. Because if we're talking about destined couple, we automatically cut off a lot of routes in the game. Sure, maybe this game would be story-driven, but I don't think so. Too many chars we see in polls.
I think it means, people with entwined destinies.
Don't quote me here but maybe is a game which plot are the stories of the silhouetted characters and how they interact with each other.
In that case can be either a masterpiece or a total cluster fuck.

Creeping Death

dies in loneliness
Donor
Jan 28, 2018

Our Red String teaser (8) Revealing characters (4)

The next character to be revealed is Cindy, a beautiful, slender and charismatic blonde! As you can imagine she's quite popular, but maybe she doesn't have everything she wishes for...

And here's one of the bonus side characters, Mr. van Dyke.

Creeping Death

dies in loneliness
Donor
Jan 28, 2018
Axel + Cindy = siblings? I find them quite "sibling-ish" ;) Ah and we already have the fan favourite, like the minions in despicable me, Mr. van Dick ... a through and through perv, covered as teddy bear like "uncle" ... "Hey little Cindy, wanna suck on some candy cane?!" :unsure: o_O :LOL: :p :devilish: ;)

Reactions: msleomac

lockerxx

Conversation Conqueror
May 10, 2017
cindy and holly are cute. now i need to know who is the boomshell?