Laziness

Feb 14, 2018
Nah, I'd say that covers pretty much everything.

And hey starting with 40% content ain't bad.

Anex09

Dec 1, 2022
Recently started this game and im playing chapter 18 for now. The one thing bother me is Leah basically said she's in love with Veronica and after playing some other games i realise i'm not fond of lesbian scenes except if its threesome. (or mc is female) After playing some time i'll get used to it but i would rather if girls go for mc and not for each other unless we choice so (i know its selfish but again i'm not into lesbian scenes) still it's not a big problem for me to stop playing anyway so i'll continue. I'm writing this comment so i won't forget this game. (I usually look for renpy not other engines)
Other than that, i like the story. I have some questions but i didn't finish chapter 41 so no need to ask them.

Laziness

Feb 14, 2018
Recently started this game and im playing chapter 18 for now. The one thing bother me is Leah basically said she's in love with Veronica and after playing some other games i realise i'm not fond of lesbian scenes except if its threesome. (or mc is female) After playing some time i'll get used to it but i would rather if girls go for mc and not for each other unless we choice so (i know its selfish but again i'm not into lesbian scenes) still it's not a big problem for me to stop playing anyway so i'll continue. I'm writing this comment so i won't forget this game. (I usually look for renpy not other engines)
Other than that, i like the story. I have some questions but i didn't finish chapter 41 so no need to ask them.
Don't worry about it.

Nennius

Dec 3, 2022
The last time something like that happened, there was polite disapproval. No dice.

... on that note, this so-called free time project is better put together than most of the sandboxes on here.
Help's when you've got a team working on it, not just a one man project. Chaen's done magic with the UI and Aeon's animations have me salivating at the thought of what he'll be making for OoT.

Laziness

Feb 14, 2018
Help's when you've got a team working on it, not just a one man project. Chaen's done magic with the UI and Aeon's animations have me salivating at the thought of what he'll be making for OoT.
Oh yeah, that's one smexy UI.

Also if I were to guess, no visible eyes is likely a way to convey the more soulless actions Fernando is capable of compared to CJ.

Nennius

Dec 3, 2022
Also if I were to guess, no visible eyes is likely a way to convey the more soulless actions Fernando is capable of compared to CJ.
I think Anon's said on discord that we'll see his eyes several times in the full version, but not in the demo.

Reactions: Laziness
Sep 26, 2021
OoT needed Unity for the combat system, Tropicali doesn't have that.
Right, but if you've got a custom-built engine ready to go, why not just use that even if you don't need the extra features? Seems like it would be exhausting to maintain two different workflows.

Jul 10, 2017
Right, but if you've got a custom-built engine ready to go, why not just use that even if you don't need the extra features? Seems like it would be exhausting to maintain two different workflows.
Kind of, but not really.

Ren'py provides the VN engine (that OoT engine works to replicate and improve) right out of the box, so no work is required to "remake" the OoT engine or anything. In addition, it's a lot harder to use multiple developers when one developers' work depends on the other. Easier to stick a single developer on it and have them work in an isolated environment.

Does Ren'py suck for doing custom stuff? Yeah, but Tropicali is just UI stuff and that's workable in Ren'py. As a VN engine, Renpy is quite a decent tool for the job.

4.50 star(s) 232 Votes