3.90 star(s) 9 Votes

Lotex

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2017
Maybe it's just me, but it sounds a bit like Darksilver when Big Brother got canceled, like "I did nothing and for some reason it didn't work" introduced with lots of bs talk that you'd expect from someone like Gumdrop. Could be that it's something common with whatever 10 year community he talks about that I don't know anything about, but overall it sounds more likely that he couldn't come up with how to continue the story. Wouldn't be the first dev that has written himself into a corner and then didn't know where to go from there.

Last edited:

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Game Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
This seems to be happening left right and centre at the moment. Is there really no alternatives to Patreon? If I'm not wrong, Steam has no problem with these games right?
They got denied on Steam for all of their games, because they said Petal looked to young, they tried aging her up and some other things but Itch and Steam and now Patreon have issues with the character.

imjustlurkinghere

Aug 20, 2023
Should be marked "On Hold" rather than "Abandoned" Lock just said its on the back burner until things stabilize and he can figure things out. He just needs to focus on TJG for now so he can keep food on the table.

jpsimon

Overachiever
Donor
Apr 3, 2017
Oh. Well, that's an easy fix. Change the synopses to say the story is about 3 confused girls on a voyage of self-discovery and sexual exploration. In the 4th chapter, with the help of a neuro-atypical wheelchair-bound gay african-american BBW, they come to understand the truth: they were always stunning, strong, beautiful, trans-men. They end up pursuing options to transition after inheriting the wealth of that abusive cis white male when he dies from multiple stray bullets at a Trump rally.

Steam and Patreon will be beating down his door to host it. Then he can simply not write the 4th chapter. He can say he was scared for his life after getting death threats from extreme right wing terrorists. And they'll all believe it, as they always do. He can start a GoFundMe for a quick million on top of the Steam sales and Patreon donations. Money won't be a problem anymore, and the story gets published to deafening applause the likes of which he never imagined.

Problem solved. You're welcome.

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
I choose to look on the positive side. We got two really enjoyable games before this happened and Moon hadn't had the opportunity to grab me just yet. So it is just another stub like Penny for your Thoughts. I could live with that, and I guess that I can live with this too. It would be great if work on this could just move to Subscribestar, but if not associating with it is a business decision it really can't be faulted. It is unfortunate, but it is not as if the Dev really has the power to change the outcome.

Reactions: JeremyCole300
Aug 9, 2022
Well this situation is very disappointing. I was one of Lockhearts biggest fans. Ow, well. Maybe one day he'll come back to it. Hope he can find his footing and raise his business upward. Still, such a shame. :cry:

aidenboy

Jan 26, 2018
"looks too young" is just something I've noticed that either actual predators or furries on twitter have been using to shit on female characters or their creators if the characters don't have giant tits, asses bigger than their torsos or shorter than 5'6. You'd think the furry community would be the last to be shitting on another for whatever fictional content they'd like to consume but it's a strange time. Ofc not all furries but this is a trend on twitter.

Reactions: ArhraCole

DSTORQUE

Dec 10, 2017
He's fighting for his life, but he's also cancelling a game that might be his biggest earner. I've never even heard of The Judas Ghost. If he's trying to maintain his income, he should consider opening a SubscribeStar page and continuing development. The victimizing of the game would probably attract a group of people who would like to stick it to Patreon for their BS.

Other devs have been cancelled on Patreon, that I didn't support, but because of their cancellation and my want to see more of the game, I've become a paying SubscribeStar member. It works.

Maviarab

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 12, 2020
but if not associating with it is a business decision it really can't be faulted
He's already associated with the first 2 anyway....so that can't be used as an excuse. He's conciously making the decision not to go to SubscribeStar....

That sounds like business madness and suicide to me, especially given 'all his eggs in one basket Judas' is a damn sandbox too.

katabasi

Jun 6, 2017
Should be marked "On Hold" rather than "Abandoned" Lock just said its on the back burner until things stabilize and he can figure things out. He just needs to focus on TJG for now so he can keep food on the table.
if he abandons this it will be canned tuna instead of lobster

Oct 29, 2017
Looks like it indicates that this is a final release, in spite of the fact that the story is not finished. It has been abandoned.
A couple things I notice (emphasis mine):
I am so sorry to inform everyone that I will no longer be able to work on, feature, or otherwise associate with The Rose Garden trilogy here on Patreon. That includes A Petal Among Thorns, A Moment of Bliss, and Over the Moon.

I will officially only be working on The Judas Ghost for the foreseeable future. If you're supporting me here on Patreon, your money is going towards me making content for The Judas Ghost.
That sounds to me like very carefully worded statements, that don't negate the possibility of him opening a Subscribestar in the future, or even just working on OtM "as a hobby" and "leaking it" here themselves rather than posting it on Patreon. Probably the first more than the second, makes it less likely they can claim he is still funding the development of it from Patreon.

As long as there is no official link between the subscribestar/continued updates of this game, and the Patreon, I think it should be fine.

There might be a delay on this game's next release, or they might just be waiting to make a Subscribestar until they have the next update ready (barring a significant drop in subs on patreon).

Reactions: SlidingBadger

MrKVoid

Dec 7, 2021
A couple things I notice (emphasis mine):

That sounds to me like very carefully worded statements, that don't negate the possibility of him opening a Subscribestar in the future, or even just working on OtM "as a hobby" and "leaking it" here themselves rather than posting it on Patreon. Probably the first more than the second, makes it less likely they can claim he is still funding the development of it from Patreon.
I can see where you're getting that. I suppose we'll see by their actions whether it was a cheap excuse to abandon the game or a smoke screen to get the censors off his butt. He used to have the trillogy on ich.io, but he now only has Myrabelle & The Time Collector so it's not looking good.

Oct 29, 2017
And it is back on. I probably would have shifted Over the Moon fully to S-Star and made that the "new corporate entity", just because it S-star hasn't yet been hit by the payment processor ultimatums and so it would be more likely to be safe longer, but we will see how things go.

Can always do that later I guess, just hope that if it does go that route most people migrate over (either to his separate corporate entity or the S-Star).

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Game Compressor
Sep 3, 2022

Show less
I am putting Over the Moon back into production. This will only last as long as my Patreon is up and running. It's possible that my content comes under review and is found to be compliant in the eyes of Patreon. We're going to take the risk.
However, The Judas Ghost will no longer be developed by Keys to My Lockheart. We are passing the project on to another company. This company will not be associated with Keys to My Lockheart's content in any way. They are two completely separate entities working on separate projects.
If you would like to support The Judas Ghost's production, you can find the company working on that project's Patreon here:
Again, we are not associating with that company in any way other than passing that project onto them. We will no longer be posting updates about The Judas Ghost, we will no longer be posting pictures of The Judas Ghost, we are no longer associated with that project. If you'd like to keep up to date with the production of that project, visit Heart of the Keyforge.
TLDR: The Judas Ghost is being adopted by another company, and Over the Moon is back in production for as long as this Patreon is up and running.
I'm not going to be answering any questions regarding this here on Patreon. There's a lot of work to do on my end to get everything transferred. The next week will be getting everything pieced back together. I won't have a progress report up for Over the Moon until Monday the 18th.
This is the best I can do, and it might not amount to much in the end. Thank you, sincerely, for all the support. You all are the reason I have this crumbling empire to begin with and I'm not ready to give up on this project yet. I appreciate all of you very much.
Stay hydrated!

Lotex

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2017
I wonder if it's due to a steep decline in subs or something. The way it read though makes it look like it's still a complete gamble with any plan behind it at all if things go sideways, like "We'll see where it goes and if it doesn't work out - it is what it is"

Reactions: Aelth

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Why does no one do what the devs of Dating my Daughter did....

Put a normal game up on Patreon, they had Melody and then Sunshine Love, then develop the incest game alongside it. One update for normal game then the next update for incest and so on.

3.90 star(s) 9 Votes