Quicksilver

Aug 5, 2016
As someone who has read the novels and watched the anime don't screw this up. This could be amazing. The characters seem a bit stiff in CGs and I think you could use some more CGs between the talking so its a bit more visual. So far though I'm intrigued, I'll definitely be checking out future updates.

Reactions: Konstantinus

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
As someone who has read the novels and watched the anime don't screw this up. This could be amazing. The characters seem a bit stiff in CGs and I think you could use some more CGs between the talking so its a bit more visual. So far though I'm intrigued, I'll definitely be checking out future updates.
If something in the story is a bit off, do let me know and I will fix it.
Cannot say I am a super expert of Overlord but I am a big fan myself.

Some things are purposely altered, such as the shooting star ring... In the anime/LN it is three wishes total but in the game it will be three wishes daily to be able to use his human body when it is needed.
I do not think it is really overpowered or a truly big change as Overlord is based on D&D and for a wizard of his level loading up three wish spells would be a joke.

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
Am I gonna be forced to play another sandbox game? Looks like yes.
It is not that bad, I dug around F95Zone to understand what is disliked in a sandbox game and the general consensus is having no idea what to do.
In this game, you can click Ainz's portrait at anytime and it will tell you exactly where you need to go to progress with the main story.

Of course you will not get all the CGs unless you explore around and speak with the available tokens, which will disappear when they have no extra dialogue, so you can easily navigate all the maps and if you see nothing there, you can move on.
It is one of the reasons why the maps are that basic looking and have only the ground/walls.

In fact, I went with this idea of having bare maps blindly, unsure if people will like it as they look a bit too dull at times.
The advantage of that is that you will not be forced to click everywhere to find something interactable, in a matter of seconds you can quickly spot if there's anything worth interacting with or not.

Of course if you find a feature annoying or feel like it could be improved upon to make it more user friendly, do let me know!

cooldude33

Jun 1, 2017
Using models from a game known for its versatile character creator where you can make different characters in different style, characters that are indistinguishable from their original versions in the anime, and yet these still manage to look like offbrands.....

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
Shalltear ? :eek: she's really bad in the picture :'(
Using models from a game known for its versatile character creator where you can make different characters in different style, characters that are indistinguishable from their original versions in the anime, and yet these still manage to look like offbrands.....
Sorry about that!
They looked pretty similar to me (I am blind, I know), however it is not out of the question for me to alter them in future, maps included, depending on the feedback I will be getting.

I cannot promise they will look 1:1 with the Anime/LN even if I will alter them in future and honestly, in most cases, they will not.
Victim (shown in the screenshots) and Death Knight of which you can see the token in one of those screenshots are two examples of characters that look nothing like the anime.

While I will try my best to stay true to the lore, I will be taking a few liberties to have a branching story depending on the choices you make, including some characters' looks.
In fact, I think this is for the best as if it was 1:1 with either the anime or the LN, having a game would not make sense as you would get the same experience by just going to watch the anime/read the LN instead.

Reactions: cooldude33

fucker01

Mar 2, 2018
Looks promissing, pretty strange that Albedo has bat wings tho, I'm a sucker for details. =p

Garg22

Oct 30, 2017
It's always nice when a game is made by a fan rather than someone trying to cash in on the popularity of what they are doing a parody of. I'll admit I'm not a large fan of the CG system used in the game, but good dialogue and writing can make up the difference, and that you have.

4.00 star(s) 30 Votes