VN Ren'Py Onhold Overpowered [Ep. 12] [YoshiGames]

4.40 star(s) 19 Votes

Kenshi2k

Aug 13, 2019
ep 11 was released on the 7th, has it not been 3 weeks yet?(almost 4) can someone please upload the public release?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: AlexaSky

AlexaSky

Jun 26, 2021
ep 11 was released on the 7th, has it not been 3 weeks yet?(almost 4) can someone please upload the public release?
They haven't made that public yet.
You can check their patreon page to see if something is public and if it is then share the link here and "Report" your post as a "Game Update".

Skimming over the patreon posts it doesn't seem like they release the public build monthly.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: Yooshi

btrain33

Dec 29, 2018
So dude, good for you who have fun immersing yourself in story. There are games that players can immerse themselves in, but many visual novels aren't necessarily meant for that, they're generally meant to be interactive books where the player chooses the character's fate.

But I didn't come to tell you how you should play, you play how you want. I just wanted to make my point.

However, I noticed that people only make this request to change the character's name when the game has a male protagonist, because when it's a game with a female protagonist, no one asks to add the ability to change her name and if they ask, it's a minority too small.

Anyway, if it's about immersion, instead of just asking them to add ability to choose the protagonist's name, why not ask to add ability to pick the protagonist's gender as well?

It is just a reflection here that I would like to leave for everyone.

Although I personally don't feel the need to add name choice or anything like that, as Ren is clearly a character, just note that the choices are displayed in third person.

Again, I just wanted to prove my point and not dictate how others should play, you are still free to play how you want and want to immerse yourself in the games.
So if a dev created a game making MC's name dickhead, or douchebag, or sissyboi, or asshole, or etc without the ability to change it you would be ok playing the game with all the other characters calling you douchebag the entire game?

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
Torrent: ( ) ❤
Join for requests/support and get torrents a few minutes early! (rpdl#6652)

Makkun

Aug 26, 2019
So if a dev created a game making MC's name dickhead, or douchebag, or sissyboi, or asshole, or etc without the ability to change it you would be ok playing the game with all the other characters calling you douchebag the entire game?
Yeah, that would be dev's choice, who am I to question that?

And like I said before, that would just show that the character I'm controlling isn't me. So I wouldn't feel like they's talking about me, I'm seeing the story through Protagonist eyes.

joryh

Nov 8, 2021
But the story is not about us, understand that. You literally missed an important point in my comment, this game is clearly not about "immersion" but rather to enjoy a good story along with the spicy scenes.

People have to stop wanting to get self insert in the game all the time, and not to mention that you seem to have a very fragile masculinity to the point of being outraged that a fictional character doesn't call your name.

A piece of advice: Pretend that you reincarnated in the game and that you are now called Ren, simple as that. After all, one way or another, you're controlling Ren's actions.
Wrong. WE play as the MC regardless of what the name is. And ppl want it to be their name, not whatever asspull name the dev came up with. Some of us use the same fucking name for EVERYTHING online/computers for longer then most of you have been alive. I don't have a single neice or nephew older then my computer name, and the only time I don't use it is when it's already in use. Like here.

Raxac

Jul 26, 2017
Wrong. WE play as the MC regardless of what the name is. And ppl want it to be their name, not whatever asspull name the dev came up with. Some of us use the same fucking name for EVERYTHING online/computers for longer then most of you have been alive. I don't have a single neice or nephew older then my computer name, and the only time I don't use it is when it's already in use. Like here.
Why do u try to make it sounds like they are other ppl who take this so seriously like you? It's not ppl that have problem with this but YOU, if he didn't let ppl name any of the characters then he probably had a reason for that, and it should be respected since it's he's story and his game, but it does not stop you from changing it yourself. From what I saw, it shouldn't take you more than 5 minutes with a simple text editor.

Duke4515

Jul 8, 2017
dude getting a 200 KB dl rate with mega when it should be 10 MB is frustrating. Don't know why it has been happening lately but it is torture.

4.40 star(s) 19 Votes