VN Ren'Py Onhold Overpowered [Ep. 12] [YoshiGames]

4.40 star(s) 19 Votes
Dec 29, 2018
Wow, so here it is... it’s like seeing a ghost. Haven’t touched the game for more than a year... this is kinda surreal. The original Overpowered was once my 2nd favorite adult game ever; I remember always playing it as fast as I possibly could when I found out a new update was released... and then they stopped. I was disappointed obviously, cuz I really enjoyed that game.

But now it’s back. I’m looking forward to falling in love with this game, your writing, and the characters again Yoshimitsu. You’ve got quite the height to reach man... but knowing how amazing the original Overpowered was, I know you’re gonna go past the moon with this one.

Here’s to new beginnings my friend ;)

Last edited:

airze

Feb 8, 2018
That matters how? The old one got to v0.6 This one might not make it very far either.
I think it was v0.7 before it was abandoned only months afterwards he stared this and I agree iill wait to see if he Finnish it before I try it because I was a supporter now I have no faith he will even finish it seem he is just fishing for cash

Reactions: Macgamer

ZZ23

Jan 21, 2019
I just played episode 1 and I like idea but the pacing of it is way too off. Only thing I really cared in first episode is beginning and the end(that part is intriguing) because it just jumps from one thing to another so quick and there is no substance in there or at least it is lost to us as reader/player. Like what is the point of catching teacher changing couple minutes into the game ? It didn't achieve anything, same with doctor scene as well. It is as we are late to the story.

For example that class geek has some beef with Ren but we weren't there when that started, why don't we play through that situation coming about since it can be used to shows us what kind of person Ren is.

So i think all of this needs to slow the fuck down and make us care about the world and characters. Show us who MC is as a person.You seem to have all of that figured it just needs to be showed to us.

Another thing to consider is increasing quality of renders and models, I understand how time consuming it is but it's worth in the end. Now I don't know if this is just bad camera angles,weird filters or scene are to short but I couldn't find models hot even tho they clearly are. I didn't get teased at all.

And last thing I noticed is music, it is too bland and doesn't fit the mood. Music is great tool so don't put it in for sake of it. That is just wasting time.

In any case I think this whole episode needs are rework because how it starts is what is going to make or break it for many people that try your game. You want to draw them in, and you are not going to achieve that with some blurred boobs 2 mins in.

Now don't get me wrong I love your idea and there is massive potential here, and that is the reason for this long post. In any case can wait for next update.

Yooshi

Mega-Chonker
Game Developer
Dec 11, 2017
I just played episode 1 and I like idea but the pacing of it is way too off. Only thing I really cared in first episode is beginning and the end(that part is intriguing) because it just jumps from one thing to another so quick and there is no substance in there or at least it is lost to us as reader/player. Like what is the point of catching teacher changing couple minutes into the game ? It didn't achieve anything, same with doctor scene as well. It is as we are late to the story.

For example that class geek has some beef with Ren but we weren't there when that started, why don't we play through that situation coming about since it can be used to shows us what kind of person Ren is.

So i think all of this needs to slow the fuck down and make us care about the world and characters. Show us who MC is as a person.You seem to have all of that figured it just needs to be showed to us.

Another thing to consider is increasing quality of renders and models, I understand how time consuming it is but it's worth in the end. Now I don't know if this is just bad camera angles,weird filters or scene are to short but I couldn't find models hot even tho they clearly are. I didn't get teased at all.

And last thing I noticed is music, it is too bland and doesn't fit the mood. Music is great tool so don't put it in for sake of it. That is just wasting time.

In any case I think this whole episode needs are rework because how it starts is what is going to make or break it for many people that try your game. You want to draw them in, and you are not going to achieve that with some blurred boobs 2 mins in.

Now don't get me wrong I love your idea and there is massive potential here, and that is the reason for this long post. In any case can wait for next update.
Wow, thanks for sharing your thoughts. I'm going to keep your words in mind when working on the next episodes. I will slow down the pace starting from episode 4 since the third one is already halfway to go. I really appreciate you spent your time to write down your thoughts, constructive criticism is always a good thing.

Reactions: JHONNY875 and ZZ23

rahkshi01

Dec 31, 2018
Sooo what is this about? The opening description was extremely vague so I kinda want to know more about the setting and a bit about the story before I try this one.

khalidevil

Jan 20, 2020
liked the game and the concept of it. But as ZZ23 said we need some back story for Ren to build his character and other characters, And Dev you can take your time with the updates so you can add more events and story telling. So is there will be wincest with the aunt or is she really his aunt, and is Kaoru his sister or something I'm kinda lost. I know there is an older version of the game and there isn't wincest tag in the thread.

Keep up the good work and good luck with your game.

blackmasha

Jun 21, 2018
how similar is this game version to the old one overpwoered v0.6? I mean I understand I can enjoy both, but they seem so copy paste to each other. I'm sure the author had good reasons tho..

4.40 star(s) 19 Votes