Unreal Engine Overtopia 3D [v0.9.94] [SilverGogs]

4.40 star(s) 5 Votes

Fuzzcat

Oct 27, 2017
I'm starting to have the "black screen" problem lately, dunno why.
The game simply doesn't starts.

But I noticed my PC wasn't absolutely anything, it's like start game just stop the command there and waits.
So I tried a different way: started another Unreal game (Lifeplay in my case, which is quite heavy and makes the PC run his hard disks). Waited till the game was loaded and running, and quitted.
Then, back to Overtopia, and now the game runs perfectly (the hard disk starts to move).

Fuzzcat

Oct 27, 2017
errors:
7: stuck with tavern lvl 1. what i doing wrong?
8: i can't get through to snowwhite. what i doing wrong?
may be console command "recheck all quests"?
9: rebreeding females already pregnant?
10: agro skill does not last forever
7) You need to reach 5000 with tavern income (just click on the counter book inside the tavern).
Note to devs: after the day ends, each "waitress" earnings are shown as "Lucy -213", which seems like they're losing money and is confusing as hell.

8) It's a work in progres, unfinished content.

9) Not a clue what you mean with this.

10) It's not an error, it's how it works. It would be absolutely OP to have it indefinitely.

:
no reason for use generals at all except breeding.
Agreed on this.
The only reason to swap generals is maybe because their levels, but there's not that much difference. The highest level General s the Heaven's chick... and she can't breed anything.

A good option would be to have Generals breed with any race that can be found on the location they're found. This makes them useful at least for those specific levels, and also reduce the amount of animations (instead of adding animations for everything).
Another option would be to give each a special/unique skill, something that can't be learned or found, so you need to use them if you want taht particular skill.

:
how to get map 7,(8)?
i not sure its in chests.
Agreed on this too.
It's infuriating to depend entirely on luck to find the damned maps. I completed the current copntent running around like an idiot before finding any of them. Some locations are repetitive, and it's easy to get lost or confused and miss a different path.

The shopkeep should buy them. Available as you advance. So, you finish X location, then the next map becomes available, or so.
Or the Generals can give you a map when you find them, for example.

Prick

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2017
Then, back to Overtopia, and now the game runs perfectly (the hard disk starts to move).
Sounds like you just diagnosed your own problem. If you have a portable hard drive, or a spare you can install, try seeing if the game runs fine multiple times through a secondary drive. If your hard drive isn't spinning it could be at the end of it's life.

However, as I've stated numerous times on here, black screen bugs are almost always DirectX related.

Fuzzcat

Oct 27, 2017
Sounds like you just diagnosed your own problem. If you have a portable hard drive, or a spare you can install, try seeing if the game runs fine multiple times through a secondary drive. If your hard drive isn't spinning it could be at the end of it's life.

However, as I've stated numerous times on here, black screen bugs are almost always DirectX related.
Already thought on that, but no.
The hard disk is relatively new (actually the whole PC, just bough it a couple months ago), and the black screen/PC doing nothing, only happens with this game.
Is not just the disk not spinning, it's like the game waits for something before start running properly. After starting other Unreal games, it starts running immediately, just like "oh, you wanted that?" thing lol

Prick

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2017
(actually the whole PC, just bough it a couple months ago)
If the PC is new you may be missing a certain software package, hard to pinpoint but the most common culprits are DirectX and vcredist.
Also, games from Unreal include a redist under the engine/extras folder. Run the UE4Prereq and see if that helps.

Fuzzcat

Oct 27, 2017
If the PC is new you may be missing a certain software package, hard to pinpoint but the most common culprits are DirectX and vcredist.
Also, games from Unreal include a redist under the engine/extras folder. Run the UE4Prereq and see if that helps.
I tried Breeders of Nephelym (which is quite similar to Overtopia... much better graphics, but absolutely shallow), and I had a prompt that I needed sime onreal extra. I didn't bothered really, and just ditched the game.
Overtopia Run perfectly after that.
Then I tried ArkToy (from Silvergogs too), and asked the same extra. Accepted, installed, tried ArkNet (and ditched it too. Interesting for potential, but is just a graphics/motion test. Let's see what he uses it for).
Now Overtopia didn't run (black screen).
Saw some comment (it was you?) saying to install the Redist (inside Overtopia folders)... and it is already installed.
Now Overtopia doesn't runs unless I run something heavy before.

Basically, somehow, after installing the redist the problems started (or that's what I see).
DirectX and everything else is fine and updated.

But it's not a big deal, since opening-closing something else is not a problem, just an extra minute *shrug*

In any case thanks for the answers!

aurora1234

Apr 27, 2020
how do you get the futa? I go to the temple and the priestess just has the options to chat about the reich or sell offspring

baje74

Nov 1, 2020
Pressing h during combat doesn't hide the health/mana/etc bars.

The only other thing I think the game needs is vertical camera control (maybe mouse button 2).

Just starting trying the game out, cool concept.

Funposter

Dec 27, 2016
is this game worth for playing?
the main character looks so bad in images
The art takes some getting used to, but I dont mind the gameplay. It's got the whole pokemon/breeder thing going for it if you're into those games. The game rewards you for breeding monsters by making them much better in combat with better spells/abilities and stat growth. You can also beef them up even more by fucking them yourself as a futa, which kinda sucks if you aren't into that fetish. It is what it is though. I also like how much freedom you're given to grow the girl too.

4.40 star(s) 5 Votes