sabadongelov

Aug 21, 2018
You drew alot of conclusion without having reading the pubically available stuff the devs have posted here. It took me a few seconds to look for "potential LI" in this thread and found this
You salty! :whistle:

TD liked this post so it is very safe to say that the contestants are LI otherwise "if they are emotionally fragile then they should avoid the contestants" would be a pointless sentence not to mention a game having 4 of the 6 LI be fake outs/depressing/bad ends would be an EXTREMELY bold choice in a (very compelling) adult visual novel
Well, someone just told me that no quality game could ever let the players decide for themselves what kind of ending they might want, they need to be "nudged" in the right direction. So, if the devs think that two of the possible six LIs are preferable, of course they should restrict the game in such a manner so that that is what the players will end up with. ;)

sabadongelov

Aug 21, 2018
Hi! I might do that, but such explanations would come on sunday the earliest, too much others things on plate.
No sweat! :)

But your questions about the love interests of Edwin can be answered rather fast.
According to what TD1900 told and implied us, the main LIs are Felicia, Hana, Mina, Rosi, Veronica and to a certain point Kath(but logically only for a max toughness Edwin). I am not sure if Dalia, Lucy or Harper (which play larger roles in the game than others) might be some dark horse LIs opened up later on, but THE MAIN LIs are Hana, Mina and the three Carnations.
Well then. That means that Tumais comment is still relevant, especially if Kathleen is some sort of half LI and ESPECIALLY should Hana be locked out for max toughness Edwin (but I'm still thinking there will be an opportunity to turn her to the dark side... :D).

PC is statedly not a harem builder. You can pursue one, several or all of the possible love interests, but there will come a situation where you have to choose one of them as your lover/wife. Corruption will have some influence how some paths in living together develop, but not be gamebreakers (Theory for example a high libido Rosalind might be convinced or decide on her own to keep doing some shifts at PC afterwards, no matter if winning or not. Might be easier if some reforms are made at the club, but this is just one theory)
If you are on good terms with a girl you did not choose, then you stay platonic friends and/or part ways on friendly terms.
As Simpgor and Avaron1974 wrote, if you are a hardcore-NTR hater(of which some have very strange notions what NTR is) or not so resilent emotionally, then you would be better off not pursuing the three Carnations.
So, that implies that there either will be some large orgy where the carnations have sex with other men or one or several of them will become house girls or something similar. Interesting. As for Harem, I kind of assumed that was out of the question and I'm no particular fan of NTR, but I'm not allergic either.

By the way, if it is possible to reform PC, so that the nasty things are removed and it is reinvented as a union approved, only safe-sex brothel were sex-workers are treated decently and no funny business, I would consider that as basically the same as leaving, even though it is technically staying. That kind of staying would work fine with a moral/low toughness Edwin and an uncorrupted Hana. Just saying. ;)

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
No sweat! :)
Well then. That means that Tumais comment is still relevant, especially if Kathleen is some sort of half LI and ESPECIALLY should Hana be locked out for max toughness Edwin (but I'm still thinking there will be an opportunity to turn her to the dark side... :D).
No LI is locked out, but depending on their established personality some couple options are easier or harder to create, due to convictions, ideals and compatible outlook of the two persons in question.
E.g. it is easier for a genuinly nice with a modicum of morals Edwin to win the heart of Hana than a deviant agreeing with his best chummer Ian that PC is the best since sliced bread Edwin. A 30+ toughness Edwin can still land with Hana, but this is extremly difficult, since he will have a hard time getting enough relationship points and their different outlooks on life won´t help.

As for "turning Hana to the dark side" there is the question what each person sees as corruption and more important how this shows. For example Hana might only becoming more adventurous in bed when she gets corrupted, something as deeply ingrained as her "freedom of choice" ideal and that she wants a functioning family will not go away early or maybe not at all. I can see an uncorrupted or only slightly to medium corrupted Hana working out with both a low toughness and a mischivious Edwin.

I also think that Mina wil be easier to corrupt than Hana or Felicia, who both generally know what they want and like and give a damn what most other people think about them. And it is NOT her naivity from coming from a Nuns bunker school, but what we see in glimpses about her. The combination of curiosity and the "I do not know who I am, what are my feelings", is what makes her vulnerable.

So, that implies that there either will be some large orgy where the carnations have sex with other men or one or several of them will become house girls or something similar. Interesting. As for Harem, I kind of assumed that was out of the question and I'm no particular fan of NTR, but I'm not allergic either.

By the way, if it is possible to reform PC, so that the nasty things are removed and it is reinvented as a union approved, only safe-sex brothel were sex-workers are treated decently and no funny business, I would consider that as basically the same as leaving, even though it is technically staying. That kind of staying would work fine with a moral/low toughness Edwin and an uncorrupted Hana. Just saying. ;)
Even in a reformed PC there might be a bit "funny sex business". Not that much, but still a bit. Hana has no problem with prostitution as a job, her problem with the Club is that many of the Girls and Carnations there are exploited or working under duress. If someone working at the Club is there without being forced and by their own decision, then Hana is OK with that. As seen when she told Felicia that she wished all girls at the Club were like her. Feli does not need to be at PC, it was her choice to do so and she has at least sometimes real fun doing the competition.
So for instance if there is a housegirl, who was not forced to be at the Club, who is ok with "waterboarding games" or other kinky stuff, then I can see even the reformed Club keeping these sex practises on the menue.

But yes, reforming the club to be less exploiting, more decent treatment and "special business"-like fits more un- or only slightly/medium corrupted Edwin and Hana.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
We got an earlier than expected Dev Diary today!
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

It looks like TD and GIL have completed 241 static images, 0 animations and 3581 words in the last 13 days, an average of ~130 statics, 0 animations and 1928 words per week. Their overall average is now roughly 123 statics, 1.2 animations and 2727 words per week since work on Chapter 4 Update 1 began. Behold the charts!
Progress has dipped a bit from last time, but not by that much; it's probably just a result of when the the work is reported. Obviously we're only on pace for 3 animations at the moment, but I'm confident GIL will rally. ;) Beyond that there's not too much to analyze. The target numbers should be much lower than Ch3Up4 (assuming TD can restrain himself and not expand the update), but we don't have much sense of how much smaller so there's not much to compare the numbers to at this time. We should match Chapter 2 Update 1's static count around the end of September, so maybe we can use that as a benchmark for now.

In the meantime, I shall look forward to the new update as ordered. It's an easy task. :D

Last edited:

selberdreher

Dec 29, 2017
There seems to be a misconception regarding the importance of the toughness score. Researching the available walkthroughs (the Ch3Upd2 by ZoeyRaven in particular, which may be outdated) shows that there are only 5(!) out of roughly 330 decisions gated by a certain toughness score, with thresholds of 19, 20 and 21 respectively. None of them do open or close any specific paths.

These choices are:
  1. Trying to resist Kathleens temptation in the limousine: If [Tough] >20, then [Tough+1] else [Tough-1]
  2. Tell Rosie she is an eager slut in her gonzo video: appears only if [Tough] >=20, and nets us a -1 to [RoseAffection]
  3. Daringly tell Kat to bring it on in the gonzo reward scene: If [Tough] >=19, [Kath+2] & [Tough+1], else [Kath+1] & [Tough+1]
  4. Relieve your bladder on Veronica in her first exhibition scene: appears only if [Tough]>=21 and yields [Kath+2] [Veron-4] [Rose-1] [Hana-2] [Warren+2] [Sam+1] plus the flag [W1ExVeroPissedOn]
  5. and in the same scene, but mutually exclusive, Make sure Veronica is ok: appears only if [Tough] <20 which yields [Kath-1] [Veron+2] [Rosa+1] [Hana+1]
All routes and sex scenes so far available are gated by either affection and/or certain flags, which can be obtained independently from your current toughness score. Altough this may change in the future, TD1900 stated in this post that the main impact of toughness is in altering some of Edwins flavour texts, with thresholds Turret mentioned on a few occasions (btw Turret, where did you get those numbers? Also i would like to see the source of your claim that 30+ toughness disables some softer and kinder choices, because i couldnt find evidence for it). From personal experience i can attest to the statement that toughness indeed alters the internal monologue of Edwin. In my old canon playthrough with 27 toughness, i found his thoughts in Minas sex scene off-putting, so i started a new one and with 23 toughness the scene played out exactly the same way, except this time i was perfectly fine with Edwins internal monologue.
I believe so far the main function of the stat is to provide the players a feedback on their choices, without effectively altering the storyline. Nonetheless, if toughness would be utilizied to a greater degree in future, i would probably welcome it.

So with the absolute impact of Edwins toughness on the storyline (not-spoiler: it is minor) out of the way, lets take a look on the relative influence this stat has, because sometimes choosing a tougher option leads to a loss of affection points which are indeed utilized. Lets assume you aim for high toughness, to get those sweet derogatory lines from Edwin (whatever rocks your boat, pal). Lets further assume you want to be friends with the amazonian bodybuilder, because you have chosen her as your "love interest" (a term i would use very hesitantly in PC, it is not a dating sim). Lets further assume you are into watersports and love to cum on her face (you are a tough guy, remember?) This is no easy task, because Vero starts with just 5 Affection, but i shall prove it viable.

Bottomline: if someone is hell-bent on taking only asshole choices which give them toughness even if they surpass the cap of 30, they dont need to be flabbergasted when their playthrough went into the gutter. Play it smart guys!
That's it, prove me wrong.

Edit: Typos

Last edited:

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
Altough this may change in the future, TD1900 stated in this post that the main impact of toughness is in altering some of Edwins flavour texts, with thresholds Turret mentioned on a few occasions (btw Turret, where did you get those numbers? Also i would like to see the source of your claim that 30+ toughness disables some softer and kinder choices, because i couldnt find evidence for it). From personal experience i can attest to the statement that toughness indeed alters the internal monologue of Edwin. In my old canon playthrough with 27 toughness, i found his thoughts in Minas sex scene off-putting, so i started a new one and with 23 toughness the scene played out exactly the same way, except this time i was perfectly fine with Edwins internal monologue.
I believe so far the main function of the stat is to provide the players a feedback on their choices, without effectively altering the storyline. Nonetheless, if toughness would be utilizied to a greater degree in future, i would probably welcome it.

Bottomline: if someone is hell-bent on taking only asshole choices which give them toughness even if they surpass the cap of 30, they dont need to be flabbergasted when their playthrough went into the gutter. Play it smart guys!
Hi! TD mentioned these numbers for the toughness score once during a discussion and for now they are only a measure of how you tick. Currently the toughness score "just" alters dialogue and impacts relationship scores (which can become problematic even now, depending on how you play), with the one pissing event gated by your toughness. There is also a choice somewhere, which you only get if your toughness is low. According to TD, later on in development, there might be more events gated by your toughness.

• Hey there
Reactions: selberdreher

camube

Jun 4, 2022
There seems to be a misconception regarding the importance of the toughness score. Researching the available walkthroughs (the Ch3Upd2 by ZoeyRaven in particular, which may be outdated) shows that there are only 5(!) out of roughly 330 decisions gated by a certain toughness score, with thresholds of 19, 20 and 21 respectively. None of them do open or close any specific paths.

These choices are:
  1. Trying to resist Kathleens temptation in the limousine: If [Tough] >20, then [Tough+1] else [Tough-1]
  2. Tell Rosie she is an eager slut in her gonzo video: appears only if [Tough] >=20, and nets us a -1 to [RoseAffection]
  3. Daringly tell Kat to bring it on in the gonzo reward scene: If [Tough] >=19, [Kath+2] & [Tough+1], else [Kath+1] & [Tough+1]
  4. Relieve your bladder on Veronica in her first exhibition scene: appears only if [Tough]>=21 and yields [Kath+2] [Veron-4] [Rose-1] [Hana-2] [Warren+2] [Sam+1] plus the flag [W1ExVeroPissedOn]
  5. and in the same scene, but mutually exclusive, Make sure Veronica is ok: appears only if [Tough] <20 which yields [Kath-1] [Veron+2] [Rosa+1] [Hana+1]
All routes and sex scenes so far available are gated by either affection and/or certain flags, which can be obtained independently from your current toughness score. Altough this may change in the future, TD1900 stated in this post that the main impact of toughness is in altering some of Edwins flavour texts, with thresholds Turret mentioned on a few occasions (btw Turret, where did you get those numbers? Also i would like to see the source of your claim that 30+ toughness disables some softer and kinder choices, because i couldnt find evidence for it). From personal experience i can attest to the statement that toughness indeed alters the internal monologue of Edwin. In my old canon playthrough with 27 toughness, i found his thoughts in Minas sex scene off-putting, so i started a new one and with 23 toughness the scene played out exactly the same way, except this time i was perfectly fine with Edwins internal monologue.

So with the absolute impact of Edwins toughness on the storyline (not-spoiler: it is minor) out of the way, lets take a look on the relative influence this stat has, because sometimes choosing a tougher option leads to a loss of affection points which are indeed utilized. Lets assume you aim for high toughness, to get those sweet derogatory lines from Edwin (whatever rocks your boat, pal). Lets further assume you want to be friends with the amazonian bodybuilder, because you have chosen her as your "love interest" (a term i would use very hesitantly in PC, it is not a dating sim). Lets further assume you are into watersports and love to cum on her face (you are a tough guy, remember?) This is no easy task, because Vero starts with just 5 Affection, but i shall prove it viable.

Edit: Typos
What choice/event yield [w2VeroHeated]? what's that?

clauwudi

Jun 23, 2020
Blond can easily pay/solve brown and red hair's problems.
It means, blond can just buy memberships directly with money. The problem of brown and red hair will be solved, they can just leave show. Considering the amount of money it takes for brown and red hair, the blond's entry fee is probably the lowest.

I think the main line can be enhanced a bit:
The brown hair's debtor is an underworld boss, the boss's purpose is to threesome the brown hair and her daughter. The brown hair join game is for her daughter, money is just 2nd goal. If the boss knows repayment comes from the show, the boss will back off because the boss doesn't want to mess up with the club members.
The red hair's gym is a workout spot for talented young people who have the talent to win Olympic and can't afford the exorbitant training fees. They can't compete professionally due to Olympic requirements. (this is a great way to add new girls)

• Angry
Reactions: Bill Temple

deimosphobos

Sep 4, 2021
Blond can easily pay/solve brown and red hair's problems.
It means, blond can just buy memberships directly with money. The problem of brown and red hair will be solved, they can just leave show. Considering the amount of money it takes for brown and red hair, the blond's entry fee is probably the lowest.

I think the main line can be enhanced a bit:
The brown hair's debtor is an underworld boss, the boss's purpose is to threesome the brown hair and her daughter. The brown hair join game is for her daughter, money is just 2nd goal. If the boss knows repayment comes from the show, the boss will back off because the boss doesn't want to mess up with the club members.
The red hair's gym is a workout spot for talented young people who have the talent to win Olympic and can't afford the exorbitant training fees. They can't compete professionally due to Olympic requirements. (this is a great way to add new girls)
Respectfully, I don't think you're understanding the plot of PC as is. Felicia can't spend money to get into this club; considering a few scene that come later, she wants to achieve her entry into an an otherwise male-only space, and the only way to do that is through competing.

Also, your odd tangent about the plot seems somewhat non-sensical; alterations to Rosalind's plot wouldn't make sense now, nor does the Veronica idea. PC (in my opinion) isn't about "add new girls"--it's hardly a harem simulator.

Bill Temple

May 20, 2021
Where is the save files for the game? I don't see it in the RenPy folder.
the saves are in folder \PaleCarnations-Ch3Up4Public-pc\game\saves.
Files in \PaleCarnations-Ch3Up4Public-pc\Renpy are the program files for Renpy to run, not the VN data/instructions.

Reactions: ename144

Nobles

Apr 15, 2022
So im playing along. So far I liking it. Mina seems to be my favourt girl so far, so im hoping to steal her from Ian (the good ntr ^_~), and maybe corrupt her? If its possible ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°).

But the thing I want to ask, it has the urination tag, what type of content was it. girls peeing like animals or watched? Wetting themselfs unable to hold it in ? or sexual watersports? Former two I find kinda cute/exciting content. If I keep on playing will I stumble apon said scenes, or do I need to do something specific ? If there is any intentional scenes at all.

Last edited:

darlic

Feb 27, 2017
So im playing along. So far I liking it. Mina seems to be my favourt girl so far, so im hoping to steal her from Ian (the good ntr ^_~), and maybe corrupt her? If its possible ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°).

But the thing I want to ask, it has the urination tag, what type of content was it. girls peeing like animals or watched? Wetting themselfs unable to hold it in ? or sexual watersports? Former two I find kinda cute/exciting content. If I keep on playing will I stumble apon said scenes, or do I need to do something specific ? If there is any intentional scenes at all.
IIRC there is only one optional scene and it's about the mc peeing on one of the girls to humiliate her, if you want more spoilers, it happens during the first audience event

Reactions: Nobles

SanaeS

Jun 22, 2018
I have a question for TD that came to mind after replaying the whole game in one go.

sabadongelov

Aug 21, 2018
No LI is locked out, but depending on their established personality some couple options are easier or harder to create, due to convictions, ideals and compatible outlook of the two persons in question.
E.g. it is easier for a genuinly nice with a modicum of morals Edwin to win the heart of Hana than a deviant agreeing with his best chummer Ian that PC is the best since sliced bread Edwin. A 30+ toughness Edwin can still land with Hana, but this is extremly difficult, since he will have a hard time getting enough relationship points and their different outlooks on life won´t help.
Do you know how the game will be structured going forward? Because I have had no trouble maintaining both a maxed out relationship score with Hana and a toughness score of 30 (which as far as I can remember is also max, eventhough it doesn't say so).

Only in the last update are there some actions that I would like to take, that would lower my affection score with Hana somewhat, but as far as I can see, they're not related to the toughness score.

Otherwise, you're just assuming that it would be extremely difficult for a max toughness Edwin to woo Hana due to their different outlook in life, and I'd agree if there is no way to change Hanas outlook. Cue possible corruption path.

As for "turning Hana to the dark side" there is the question what each person sees as corruption and more important how this shows. For example Hana might only becoming more adventurous in bed when she gets corrupted, something as deeply ingrained as her "freedom of choice" ideal and that she wants a functioning family will not go away early or maybe not at all. I can see an uncorrupted or only slightly to medium corrupted Hana working out with both a low toughness and a mischivious Edwin.
I can't say I'd view getting "more adventurous in bed" as corruption other than if the person in question has expressed moral missgivings about that very sexual practise.

What I'm talking about in PC is corruption in the sense that Hanas outlook on life is changed at least enough for her to not be bothered by the immorality going on at PC and/or high toughness Edwins morals (or lack thereof...).

I also think that Mina wil be easier to corrupt than Hana or Felicia, who both generally know what they want and like and give a damn what most other people think about them. And it is NOT her naivity from coming from a Nuns bunker school, but what we see in glimpses about her. The combination of curiosity and the "I do not know who I am, what are my feelings", is what makes her vulnerable.
There is no need to corrupt Felicia, she already wants to become part of PC, warts and all. While she might not have the same sadistic tendencies as Kathleen (then again, who knows what she might do should she be put in the driver seat?), she definitely have no moral missgivings about what's going on. If anything, the long term conflict should rather be between her outlook on life and that of a low toughness (or at least high morality) Edwin. Somehow I don't think this will be reflected in the game, but it would have been sweet if you could "uncorrupt" Felicia (in the same way it would be sweet to be able to corrupt Hana).

As for Mina, that's difficult to know. She's younger and seems more unsure about her place in the world, but that's not necessarily the same thing as being morally ambivalent. Also, importantly, whereas Hana already exist at PC and is marinated in everything happening there, has accepted it enough to allow for being groomed for a leadership role (which will marinate her even further, and quite possible start chipping away at her moral defences even without Edwins "help"), Mina is completely in the dark. Realistically, unless high toughness Edwin introduce her to the world of evil assholery very, veeery carefully, she should statistically speaking bolt as soon as she understands what he's about.

Actually, that would probably be true even for a low toughness Edwin, as long as he's still working at PC and partaking in it's debauchery. I think most women would go "Yeah, sure, you say you hate it, but still, there you are, working at a criminal enterprise, fucking prostitutes and exploited women for the pleasure of evil rich fucks who delight in their torment. So fuck you, you hypocrite bastard, you can fuck your whores all you want, but you won't be touching me again!". But just as I'm guessing there won't be any need for low toughness Edwin to "uncorrupt" Felicia, I'm guessing at least low toughness Edwin won't have to corrupt Mina. For instance by quitting PC and having a relationship with her without telling her any of the sordid business going on at PC. Or maybe we'll find out she has a dark side we haven't seen yet, which would come in handy if Edwin wants to stay at PC and still get with Mina.

Even in a reformed PC there might be a bit "funny sex business". Not that much, but still a bit. Hana has no problem with prostitution as a job, her problem with the Club is that many of the Girls and Carnations there are exploited or working under duress. If someone working at the Club is there without being forced and by their own decision, then Hana is OK with that. As seen when she told Felicia that she wished all girls at the Club were like her. Feli does not need to be at PC, it was her choice to do so and she has at least sometimes real fun doing the competition.
So for instance if there is a housegirl, who was not forced to be at the Club, who is ok with "waterboarding games" or other kinky stuff, then I can see even the reformed Club keeping these sex practises on the menue.

But yes, reforming the club to be less exploiting, more decent treatment and "special business"-like fits more un- or only slightly/medium corrupted Edwin and Hana.
By "funny business" I meant the kind of exploitative shit that seem to be PC:s USP. Many (not all) of its patrons seem to get off on the power dynamic and would probably not be interested if it was a 100 percent above the board consensual act with a sex worker that's perfectly fine (might even like it) with whatever sexual practise is going on.

Felicia won't need PC to be reformed. If anything, I think a reformed PC might clash with her stated goal of getting in on the action. She wants the influence and the connections she could get by rubbing shoulders with the rich and powerful patrons of PC. But many of these patrons are not likely to stay if PC is reformed into a sustainable fair-trade brothel. And even if it remains a high end brothel, the new kind of clientele would probably not serve Felicias goals in the same way.

Last edited:
Reactions: TM | Twisted Games

Aner878787

Nov 17, 2018
IIRC there is only one optional scene and it's about the mc peeing on one of the girls to humiliate her, if you want more spoilers, it happens during the first audience event
Nobles There are 4 more scenes that i remember. You can make one of the girls pee like a dog for a photo shoot (optional) and you can make one of the girls pee herself while riding you (optional).
Then there are two scenes with the same patron, in one you see him peeing on a girl through a camera (still frame, not optional) and later he is getting a bj and just pees down a girls throat.

4.90 star(s) 471 Votes