Mayrun

Feb 12, 2019
Which is how much? And do I need to do the Cuccos?
...what? The only time you interact with the cuccos is during Links introduction and you only have to talk to them 3 times before Link comes in and takes over. After that you just have to talk to link and do his little battle minigame until you get all the scenes and move on to other characters. Rinse and repeat until you have all characters in your harem.

ktz127

Oct 14, 2020
Normally you will play the characters quest until the last scenes finished and then it said completed.
Yes, I understand, but how many times do I have to play the battle minigame? It's really not fun.

...what? The only time you interact with the cuccos is during Links introduction and you only have to talk to them 3 times before Link comes in and takes over. After that you just have to talk to link and do his little battle minigame until you get all the scenes and move on to other characters. Rinse and repeat until you have all characters in your harem.
Sorry, I thought I saw it in the quest log that I had to catch them. By the way, you haven't followed up on the save thing on the Monster Souls thread.

Arcstrid

Apr 15, 2019
Yes, I understand, but how many times do I have to play the battle minigame? It's really not fun.
You need to reach 999 points to complete the quest. Afterwards, you need 2,000 points to win that character's underwear for the protagonist.

The mini-games aren't necessarily not fun, they're just really repetitive due to how little points you gain. Thankfully, there's a way to circumvent this: editing your save file.

STUFF TO DO BEFORE ATTEMPTING THIS
- Make a copy of your save file. It's located in the "save" folder, which is inside the "www" folder in the game's directory.
- Your save file is named "fileX.rpgsave" in which X represents the save slot. In case you have multiple saves and you're not sure which is your most recent one, enter the game and save it so you can guide yourself by the modified date.
- DON'T EDIT POINTS OF A CHARACTER WHOSE RELATIONSHIP QUEST YOU HAVEN'T STARTED. If you're currently only gunning for Link, don't edit your save file to give you points for any other character.
- Make SURE you've already gotten to the point you can do a character's daily activity before attempting this. Just to be sure, do their mini-game once.

HOW TO EDIT YOUR SAVE FILE
- Go to this site:
- Click on "UPLOAD FILE" and choose your save file.
- Click on "UPLOAD FILE" again and upload "System.json". The file is located inside the "data" folder, which is inside the "www" folder. You need this in order for the editor to know the names of the variables.
- Scroll down until you come across the variable named "Link Relationship #302". Click the number between parenthesis and the editor will prompt you to choose a new value. Put in "999" and click okay.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click the option to download your save file. Then replace it inside the "save" folder (remember to make a copy of your original save file first!).
- Start up the game and do the mini-game again. You're guaranteed to get the next story scene at the end of the mini-game.

FAQ
Q. Will this mess up the progression of a character's story?
A. It shouldn't. I've been using this method for a long time and it's never been an issue. It's technically impossible to skip story events because of the way they are set up. Aside from the number of relationship points, there's also a variable that determines how far along you are in the character's story. The game will first check how far along you are and only then check if you have enough points to advance to the next step. Nevertheless, remember to back up your save.

Q. Can't I just input 2,000 points instead of 999?
A. You can try if you want. In earlier versions of the game, once you finished a character's story they'd always default to having 999 points. I honestly don't know if that's been changed so I just go for 999 at first just to be sure.

Q. Can I use the save editor for other stuff?
A. Yes, but be careful. You can safely edit the amount of money (Gold) you have, as well as the amount of contest coins, contest medals, and munny (DO NOT GIVE YOURSELF ANY MUNNY IF YOU HAVEN'T STARTED SORA'S RELATIONSHIP QUEST). You can also multiply the amount of items you already have. If you decide to do ANYTHING else, do NOT hold me responsible for whatever may happen. REMEMBER: BACK UP YOUR SAVE FILE JUST IN CASE.

Shilou

Donor
Nov 26, 2018
Redflash said:
NOV 22, 2020 AT 5:53 PM
Palestra preview and Cervius game

Palestra:
As I teased last week, the next update will be a character extension ^^
I've done a bit of writing and planning for his story as well as completed most of his portraits :p
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Cervius Game:

New animation:
One of the things I did this week is the first brand new animation for Zel. It took some time to make and has both a normal and finisher animation (normal showing off his outfit and finisher being the actual milking). Since I don't think the dressup will be added to the game, I decided to recycle the idea as well as a few assets from that move to create the new milking move :p.
This week I'll make the second animation (curse branding). However, with how our work is progressing, I think only Soren and Fenris will be available in the first version of the game, so you may not have access to those animations within the game until he's added. Those animations will be sent out to patrons at the beginning of next month ;).

Game Name:
I've been thinking about this for some time, and from now on, I will be calling this game Dreadlord Ascension. This title fits with what I plan to do with the story later on once the game has a solid base.

Pipopo

Feb 2, 2020
Thank you once again Shilou! I'm interested in seeing the branding animation myself though personally I was hoping the milking animation would be more like the finisher in Mugen.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Shilou

Shilou

Donor
Nov 26, 2018
Pipopo ever since Cervius was introduced in Palestra, I've loved the corruption aspects. Especially the banding. Hopefully with the new engine and sprits, the animations will look a lot better.

lok02 I can't quite remember that move, though, a lot of the animations that are picked are determined by Patrons. There's a poll that goes out to ask what animations to include. :]

Last edited:
Reactions: lok02 and ejmuerte

lok02

Dec 25, 2018
Thanks for the information Shilou but can u tell me what is the december palestra update.

Shilou

Donor
Nov 26, 2018
Thanks for the information Shilou but can u tell me what is the december palestra update.
Red's Choice won for the December update. You can read what that mean in the update post where I copied Redflash's post.

Palestra:
The new update is now available and going by the poll, Red's Choice won. This mean that I will decide what the next update is and I currently am leaning towards the Content and Features update as I already have an idea about what I'd do for it :p.
Besides that, I haven't paid close attention to what exactly will be in the new update.

Reactions: lok02

Reiken

Oct 25, 2018
Hi everyone ! I begin the game but I am block with the fight against bat with Link I use the good key but I lost lives and fail the battle. Can you help me please ?

Shilou

Donor
Nov 26, 2018
Redflash said:
NOV 29, 2020 AT 9:59 PM
Palestra: New Link CG / Dreadlord Ascension: New animation and sounds info

Palestra:
Here's the work in progress for the new Link CG, I should be able to finish it tomorrow or tuesday and should send it to patrons before the end of the week together with OoT Link's portraits ;).

Dreadlord Ascension:
New animation:
The new animation for Zel has been completed. This animation is the brand and while it bears some resemblance and kept the same concept as the mugen version, it also has a better interaction between Cervius and the other guy. (It also took much more time to make xD) The full animation will be part of the package I should be sending out next weekend ;).

Sounds:
If you follow me on twitter, you may have seen my tweet that I'm looking for some people to make voices for the already announced characters for the game:
While I should get those sounds before the release of the first game prototype, it will not be put in the first version. The very first prototype will not have any sounds or music, but they should be added a month or two after the first release ;).

Shilou

Donor
Nov 26, 2018
Redflash said:
DEC 7, 2020 AT 4:59 AM
Palestra December 2020 Package

Here's the Palestra package with the new outfits and CG from the next update:
In Extras Folder, filename: Update V1.34 package.rar
Redflash said:
DEC 7, 2020 AT 5:08 AM
Dreadlord Ascension Tier 2 Package

This package contains the animations for Zel as well as the individual animations that will make up Soren's scene.
In Extras Folder, filename: Patreon_DreadlordAscension_November2020.rar

Shilou

Donor
Nov 26, 2018
Redflash said:
DEC 7, 2020 AT 5:22 AM
Palestra and Dreadlord Ascension weekly update

Palestra:
I worked on quite a few things this week. Finalising the CG and the portraits, doing all the writing, making the faceset and spriteset. Everything is starting to come together for the next update and what's left now is to put everything in game. I think I'll be able to finish this update in time for the next weekend :D

Dreadlord Ascension:
I've been making good progress this week on the game and I think we'll be on time for this month's release of the first prototype for the game.
Background:
I've been working quite a bit on the backgrounds, I still have one left to make, but otherwise, all of them have been completed!

Misc:
Backgrounds were most of my work but I also did some more minor stuff like the transition animation when charming a world. Most of the next updates I have to do like be smaller stuff like this, but they still need to be done.

Shilou

Donor
Nov 26, 2018
Hey everyone here is v1.34!

Windows (.exe):
|

Redflash said:
DEC 13, 2020 AT 4:19 PM
Weekly Palestra and Dreadlord Ascension update

Palestra:

This month for Palestra will be a content and features poll. Based on the current results of the poll, I will be doing a full portrait for either Vanitas or Roxas (the poll is still open until the next weekend) and I will be adding a new accessory to make characters erect when naked. (this means you no longer will have to use the brand for that if you don't like it).

Dreadlord Ascension:
With the results of the polls in, this week I will be making the mating press animation for Cervius and Fenris with Fenris on top.

Visuals:
I did some visual elements for the menus this week as well as combat skill animations. While I can't really show the skill animations, I can still show some of the crests I've made for the summoning.
When summoning for heroes, you will be able to choose a category based on their virtue. The one below is for the chastity virtue and each virtue will have its crest. We did it this way because we foresee a lot of heroes will be added into the game over time to really flesh out the combat and game systems.
Also, I've made some portraits for the enemy troops. Those only appear to fight against you in combat and it's rare, but I got around to drawing a female character for the succubus troop (even if just the face) and she turned out better than I expected xD.

Future hero props:
I made a poll a few weeks ago to choose the kind of hero I'd make next. Since a "monster taming world" won, I started drawing some stuff for this kind of hero. I did some work on the actual hero but it's too early to show. However, what I can show are the few designs for monsters I've made for the kind of creature he'll have with him.

Those aren't fully done and I'll post them again when they're finished, but I've had quite some fun drawing them. I plan to do a second hero for that world too so that means at least 3 more creatures. I'll also have to come up with names for them as well as what to call them instead of creatures so if you've got ideas, they're all welcome! xP

Below is the Patreon save.
| | Extras

4.30 star(s) 6 Votes