Alfius

Engaged Member
Modder
Sep 30, 2017
Thank you very much, that's precisely what I need to know, that's why I asked for your opinion, there are many things that I think are right in your comments, thank you, and of course I will take into account many of the advice you gave me. :D
And of course I'm interested in hearing your feedback.
I enjoy your game a lot so far... I'm still playing the initial stages.

Some comments so far.

1) Bug or Feature:
After the BBQ and following dinner where you save Molly.
Lili feels bad and does not attend Lunch, but you are then able to try sun tan lotion again in the afternoon, triggering the BBQ again, Saving Molly again, allowing sun tan lotion, triggering BBQ again, saving Molly again etc. etc.
If there was a hint in the game, one would maybe not try that al the time, bit without hints, one tries everything that is clikable.

2) Hints
I know a lot of people already talked about it, but I do think it will add enourmous value to your game.
It does not need to be very complicated... maybe put the text you have in post 1 as a hint oun the MC's computer.

It can even be more cryptic... hints...
1) I heard the ice creamparlour have different specials at morning, afternoon and dusk.
2) I saw Lili at the pool yesterday afternoon
3) Samantha told me there is fresh bread at the bakery at dusk
etc. etc...with hints disappearing as the events are found

Personally, I dislike using a walkthrough or guide, but with RPGM/Sandbox games, a hint system in game is essential.

El Tanque

Game Developer
Jul 29, 2017
I enjoy your game a lot so far... I'm still playing the initial stages.

Some comments so far.

1) Bug or Feature:
After the BBQ and following dinner where you save Molly.
Lili feels bad and does not attend Lunch, but you are then able to try sun tan lotion again in the afternoon, triggering the BBQ again, Saving Molly again, allowing sun tan lotion, triggering BBQ again, saving Molly again etc. etc.
If there was a hint in the game, one would maybe not try that al the time, bit without hints, one tries everything that is clikable.

2) Hints
I know a lot of people already talked about it, but I do think it will add enourmous value to your game.
It does not need to be very complicated... maybe put the text you have in post 1 as a hint oun the MC's computer.

It can even be more cryptic... hints...
1) I heard the ice creamparlour have different specials at morning, afternoon and dusk.
2) I saw Lili at the pool yesterday afternoon
3) Samantha told me there is fresh bread at the bakery at dusk
etc. etc...with hints disappearing as the events are found

Personally, I dislike using a walkthrough or guide, but with RPGM/Sandbox games, a hint system in game is essential.
Thank you, I was not aware of that loop bug.
The system of clues in the computer seems the most appropriate, Thank you Alfius, for the advice, I'm glad you like the game, the idea with this is to improve the game, for you to enjoy it more.:giggle:

Alfius

Engaged Member
Modder
Sep 30, 2017
Thank you, I was not aware of that loop bug.
The system of clues in the computer seems the most appropriate, Thank you Alfius, for the advice, I'm glad you like the game, the idea with this is to improve the game, for you to enjoy it more.:giggle:
Thanks man...

The problem with RPGM Games (And other Sandbox type games) is that the player at some stage inevitably get stuck at some portion in the game, where they basically just repeat actions every day without making any progress. The game normally leads the player via discovery to the next step, but sometimes, the player just does not make the connection on one crucial step.

Unfortunately, this is where some players just rage quit the game. Personally I do not like to use walkthroughs or guides as I like the discovery myself and also I'm deadly afraid of spoilers. But at some stage you just get stuck and then I would like just a hint on where to look for my next clue. If you look at the Clue system of (Man Of the House) or the (Big Brother) it does not tell you outright what to do, but it gives you enough information, to know on what part of the game you need to spend your energy (Or where to stop spending your energy, like what you are doing with the Bonfire scene with Emma. This is also very crucial).

I have played another game Follower, by HoneyGames that also had no hint system. I loved that game, but it became so frustrating that I was about to give up on it, when I noticed someone wrote a Renpy version of it containing hints. That saved the game for me.

Likewise, I like your game so far (The art is very cool!!), but the lack of hints can cause some frustration. It is one of the reasons I am hesitant to start any RPGM game, as a lot of them leave you stranded. Make no mistake, there are some good RPGM games on here (Lust Epidemic and My Girlfriends Amnesia is 2 that comes to mind). I was about to give up when I noticed your text in the initial post. The only reason I found it, is that I enjoyed your game so much so I combed through the Forum for some clues on what to do next.

I want to rate your game, but For now I will rate it as 3/5 as the hints is a major obstacle for me. If you just put that hints in your game instead of the first post in the forum, it's an easy 4/5 or even 5/5 for me. (I'm still at the start of the game). I don't want to put that rating in the rating section, as I do not want to discourage players for this game.

In anycase...awesome game so far.

TLDR; Awesome game...but no ingame hints , does it a disservice. No need for a major change, just put the hints on first post on MC's PC will be a very good start.

Reactions: aslover69

El Tanque

Game Developer
Jul 29, 2017
Thanks man...

The problem with RPGM Games (And other Sandbox type games) is that the player at some stage inevitably get stuck at some portion in the game, where they basically just repeat actions every day without making any progress. The game normally leads the player via discovery to the next step, but sometimes, the player just does not make the connection on one crucial step.

Unfortunately, this is where some players just rage quit the game. Personally I do not like to use walkthroughs or guides as I like the discovery myself and also I'm deadly afraid of spoilers. But at some stage you just get stuck and then I would like just a hint on where to look for my next clue. If you look at the Clue system of (Man Of the House) or the (Big Brother) it does not tell you outright what to do, but it gives you enough information, to know on what part of the game you need to spend your energy (Or where to stop spending your energy, like what you are doing with the Bonfire scene with Emma. This is also very crucial).

I have played another game Follower, by HoneyGames that also had no hint system. I loved that game, but it became so frustrating that I was about to give up on it, when I noticed someone wrote a Renpy version of it containing hints. That saved the game for me.

Likewise, I like your game so far (The art is very cool!!), but the lack of hints can cause some frustration. It is one of the reasons I am hesitant to start any RPGM game, as a lot of them leave you stranded. Make no mistake, there are some good RPGM games on here (Lust Epidemic and My Girlfriends Amnesia is 2 that comes to mind). I was about to give up when I noticed your text in the initial post. The only reason I found it, is that I enjoyed your game so much so I combed through the Forum for some clues on what to do next.

I want to rate your game, but For now I will rate it as 3/5 as the hints is a major obstacle for me. If you just put that hints in your game instead of the first post in the forum, it's an easy 4/5 or even 5/5 for me. (I'm still at the start of the game). I don't want to put that rating in the rating section, as I do not want to discourage players for this game.

In anycase...awesome game so far.

TLDR; Awesome game...but no ingame hints , does it a disservice. No need for a major change, just put the hints on first post on MC's PC will be a very good start.
Wow! Thanks again, you're right, I know that rpg games are not for everyone, but I'm glad that some people enjoy them.

After reading your comment, I started to work on the MC's PC, creating a system for the player to know a little about the characters, and in which I plan to put certain clues about their corresponding events.
As well as the main story.

I must confess, that it will be a little tough to balance the difficulty of the hints, so that they are not so obvious, but to direct you in the right path.

Thank you for taking the time to help me, I love that you like the arts of the game, basically that is the purpose of this game, a way to thank this community. And of course my personal satisfaction, as I have always wanted to do this project, so I will continue working on it, and improving it.

Alfius

Engaged Member
Modder
Sep 30, 2017
100% I know you will do great.

Love your game...gonna play some more tonight.
Hope I did not come across as pushy. Love your Ideas on implementation.

P.S.
Another Bug...Still in early stages.
Whe I see dr in Afternoon...I get the following Error:
Failed to load: img/pictures/DocKiss-01.png

(Not sure if that tis the correct pic...I have never met Dr before)

Last edited:
Reactions: El Tanque

El Tanque

Game Developer
Jul 29, 2017
100% I know you will do great.

Love your game...gonna play some more tonight.
Hope I did not come across as pushy. Love your Ideas on implementation.

P.S.
Another Bug...Still in early stages.
Whe I see dr in Afternoon...I get the following Error:
Failed to load: img/pictures/DocKiss-01.png

(Not sure if that tis the correct pic...I have never met Dr before)
Ohhh! That's because you shouldn't be able to get into the doctor's house yet... I'm sorry. :oops:
During the Halloween event I put access to the entrance gate, but didn't remove access to the house...
Thanks for letting me know.;)

Reactions: Alfius

Alfius

Engaged Member
Modder
Sep 30, 2017
Sorry for Spamming your thread...promise it will be my last post in a while.

Just some feedback. The game actually flows very well after I discovered the Event at the ice-cream parlor for morning , afternoon and dusk. So my Hint rant was maybe a bit overblown.

So you game flow are actually quite good, except IMO the first Icecream event you needed to advance the story. That was the major one I could not figure out on my own. Just though some positive feedback would also be helpful.

(In other words, I do not need you need a ton of hints, but maybe just here and there?)

Still not complete yet, so maybe to early to say/

El Tanque

Game Developer
Jul 29, 2017
Sorry for Spamming your thread...promise it will be my last post in a while.

Just some feedback. The game actually flows very well after I discovered the Event at the ice-cream parlor for morning , afternoon and dusk. So my Hint rant was maybe a bit overblown.

So you game flow are actually quite good, except IMO the first Icecream event you needed to advance the story. That was the major one I could not figure out on my own. Just though some positive feedback would also be helpful.

(In other words, I do not need you need a ton of hints, but maybe just here and there?)

Still not complete yet, so maybe to early to say/
All right, I'm glad you found the way, I just hope you still like what's going on. And I really don't mind you commenting on the game at all. ;)

KryosKrayne

Nov 26, 2019
Hi ! I have a little issue, I was playing on the previous version, and since I updated I'm unable to find Samantha in the afternoon ( for the shopping event ). Do anyone know where she hides please ? ^^

El Tanque

Game Developer
Jul 29, 2017
Hi ! I have a little issue, I was playing on the previous version, and since I updated I'm unable to find Samantha in the afternoon ( for the shopping event ). Do anyone know where she hides please ? ^^
you have to do Emma's missions first. (two different conversations).

KryosKrayne

Nov 26, 2019
Thank you ! And by the way even if it's just the beginnings, the game already looks very good, you really got a talent for writing. Keep up the good work !

El Tanque

Game Developer
Jul 29, 2017
Thank you ! And by the way even if it's just the beginnings, the game already looks very good, you really got a talent for writing. Keep up the good work !
Thank you indeed! Well, that's a first time. I mean, my way of writing... let's say it's not that good, but I'm glad you enjoy the game.
That's really the only reason to upload this game exclusively to this site.:giggle:

Alfius

Engaged Member
Modder
Sep 30, 2017
Instead of spamming the thread...I'm just going to post issues I found on this post...
Help!....

I'm currently stuck...Helped Abby on the farm.
Adlira came and picked me up, but now the jeep is stuck when trying to go to the airport.

I can not leave the area where I picked up the jeep.

Hi Mauricio Fuentes So a small bug!?
1) When you enter the jeep from the front, you are basically stuck. Entering it from the back, seems to work fine.
2) When Lilli is mad at me, And Samantha is asking for dirty Clothes, I can only get 4 piles so I can not continue (Maybe game feature, but read somewhere you should be able to continue, even without Lilli's clothes)
3)At the Fisherman's dock if I enter the door, I get and Image not found error (img\pictures\grandpa_1.png or something)

Last edited:

El Tanque

Game Developer
Jul 29, 2017
Instead of spamming the thread...I'm just going to post issues I found on this post...
Help!....

I'm currently stuck...Helped Abby on the farm.
Adlira came and picked me up, but now the jeep is stuck when trying to go to the airport.

I can not leave the area where I picked up the jeep.

Hi Mauricio Fuentes So a small bug!?
1) When you enter the jeep from the front, you are basically stuck. Entering it from the back, seems to work fine.
2) When Lilli is mad at me, And Samantha is asking for dirty Clothes, I can only get 4 piles so I can not continue (Maybe game feature, but read somewhere you should be able to continue, even without Lilli's clothes)
3)At the Fisherman's dock if I enter the door, I get and Image not found error (img\pictures\grandpa_1.png or something)
1) I'm going to optimise this, normally I came through the side of the driver's door, but I'll make it the only option. I hope you've been able to continue the mission.

2) You should be able to continue the mission even without Lili's clothes. Just talk to Sam, when you have all the others and he will tell her that Lili is angry.
But I will add an MC dialogue when he knock on Lili's door, which says, continue even without Liliana's clothes.

3) Ohhh! I see, at some point I changed the name of the character from grandpa to Old fart, and I did not change that dialogue..... I'm sorry, that content is pretty old, I'm going to fix it right away.

Thank you for pointing out these mistakes, I hope they haven't stopped too much, your progress in the game. :confused:

El Tanque

Game Developer
Jul 29, 2017
I think I see what the mistake might be here, Lili has two degrees of anger, before the barbecue = angry, and after the barbecue = really pissed off, I already corrected this, plus I put the dialogue I told you, on her door. ;) Thanks!

I also corrected the loop you can enter, if you have dinner => barbecue, have dinner => barbecue... Thanks for that too!

Alfius

Engaged Member
Modder
Sep 30, 2017
1) I'm going to optimise this, normally I came through the side of the driver's door, but I'll make it the only option. I hope you've been able to continue the mission.

2) You should be able to continue the mission even without Lili's clothes. Just talk to Sam, when you have all the others and he will tell her that Lili is angry.
But I will add an MC dialogue when he knock on Lili's door, which says, continue even without Liliana's clothes.

3) Ohhh! I see, at some point I changed the name of the character from grandpa to Old fart, and I did not change that dialogue..... I'm sorry, that content is pretty old, I'm going to fix it right away.

Thank you for pointing out these mistakes, I hope they haven't stopped too much, your progress in the game. :confused:
No Worries..I enjoyed the game so far.
I think I'm pretty much at the end of the current version.

Here is where I'm currently at.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Are there some events that I missed? (No need to specify details, you can maybe just indicate if there are more content on specific characters)

Last edited:

Alfius

Engaged Member
Modder
Sep 30, 2017
I think I see what the mistake might be here, Lili has two degrees of anger, before the barbecue = angry, and after the barbecue = really pissed off, I already corrected this, plus I put the dialogue I told you, on her door. ;) Thanks!

I also corrected the loop you can enter, if you have dinner => barbecue, have dinner => barbecue... Thanks for that too!
In hindsight, not sure if loop is so bad :oops:...I missed that I could message Samantha the first time, going straight to help Emma.
The thing most out of place with the loop, is that you save Molly every time.
So maybe loop is not so bad, bad saving Molly everytime feels a bit...not sure about this.

Johnny6

Feb 18, 2018
In version 0.61 it worked but in this version MC says ' I'm on it'
Otherwise I liked your game a lot, keep up the good work (y)

El Tanque

Game Developer
Jul 29, 2017
No Worries..I enjoyed the game so far.
I think I'm pretty much at the end of the current version.

Here is where I'm currently at.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Are there some events that I missed? (No need to specify details, you can maybe just indicate if there are more content on specific characters)
I think it's almost all the content, I hope you liked it.
You only missed Tia, at Big Mama diner, but she doesn't have much content at the moment.

Last edited:
Reactions: Alfius

El Tanque

Game Developer
Jul 29, 2017
In version 0.61 it worked but in this version MC says ' I'm on it'
Otherwise I liked your game a lot, keep up the good work (y)
Thanks Johnny6, I saw that mistake a little ago after Alfius reported it, thanks to both of you, it's fixed now. ;)

4.90 star(s) 19 Votes