Game Developer
Aug 29, 2017
guys
ive tried everything
and followed every instruction...and yet
videos won't play.. i just get black screen on every video scene
images shows up normally tho..
any ideas?
Please check the troubleshooting instructions in the first post and in the game when you run

Also double check you correctly extracted the media pack, you extracted 'here'

Reactions: ArtKing22

pollypop

Jul 29, 2017
I also have black screens where I should have videos playing. I can see images just fine. I've tried to start as admin, reinstall a bunch of video codecs. Can't get it to work.

puffyshirt

Game Developer
Jan 22, 2021
All you with videos not working. Several people have reported that videos don't work for them with the compressed version. If you're using the compressed, try the regular media pack.

the slayer

Aug 10, 2018
If you start with the .bat file, what does it say in the cmd-window when you try to switch to fullscreen?

I will give more info about the next game soon.
forget bout the full screen thing i am getting a lot of black screens in the scenes

Me1234

Oct 31, 2017
I am running with the Non-compressed Media File and everything is new. I am still getting the black screens for video. Yes, I did extract to "here".

Alcahest

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
forget bout the full screen thing i am getting a lot of black screens in the scenes
I am running with the Non-compressed Media File and everything is new. I am still getting the black screens for video. Yes, I did extract to "here".
Run the game from the .bat file and see what it says in the cmd-window when you get a black screen. Preferably, take a screenshot of the cmd-window and show me.

Me1234

Oct 31, 2017
I found the issue. Extracting the RAR to "here" into the media folder created a sub-folder called "v1.0 media pack" once I moved all those assests up a level to the media folder the images are appearing.

puffyshirt

Game Developer
Jan 22, 2021
I found the issue. Extracting the RAR to "here" into the media folder created a sub-folder called "v1.0 media pack" once I moved all those assests up a level to the media folder the images are appearing.
Odd. I didn't package it into a folder, what I know. Which mirror did you download it from?

Alcahest

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
GRasputin, my save has a problem and is not advancing any of Kyra's events and its in 77 % in the stats for a while now, the last thing was after she convinced the mom in the bath.
I finally tracked down the issue. It stems from a bug that occured in v0.12.01 and was fixed in v0.12.02. You must have used a save from v0.12.01. I have attached a fixed save. Play the Kyra night event and fuck her and things should work again.

Thora Buster1066
You encountered the same bug and I'm afraid my solution made you miss a couple of Kyra's night events. If you have your bugged save, and you want to play these missed events, you can open the bugged save for editing and follow the instructions here how to edit your save. In point 1) you will have a higher value. Still change it to 8302.
Then you should get a couple new Kyra's night events that you missed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Buster1066

puffyshirt

Game Developer
Jan 22, 2021
Mediafire
I'm downloading all mirrors now to check them. Could it be that your zip tool opens into a new folder even when you select "extract here"?

Update: Downloaded mediafire and like all other mirrors it is not packed into a folder. Either you made a mistake or.. get a better zip tool.

Last edited:

Me1234

Oct 31, 2017
I'm downloading all mirrors now to check them. Could it be that your zip tool opens into a new folder even when you select "extract here"?

Update: Downloaded mediafire and like all other mirrors it is not packed into a folder. Either you made a mistake or.. get a better zip tool.
That could be, I am using 8ZIP.

Tyrranus

May 4, 2017
GRasputin if I might make a, hopefully, simple request for a small update? Open up the girl at the resort in the morning as a repeatable sex event once you can bang anything and gain memory. I realize we have no shortage of options but this would be a nice bonus, and let us reuse existing content.

Reactions: scarfer

puffyshirt

Game Developer
Jan 22, 2021
After reviewing all the mirrors for the media pack, I suspect that all problems with black screens people have been complaining about is because they haven't extracted the media correctly in the media folder, instead extracting it to/in a folder. This also explains why so many with the compressed version had this problem, because the compressed version is packed in a folder, so it has to be manually taken out from the folder even after extracting it "here".

4.30 star(s) 106 Votes