docsteel

Aug 20, 2017
The grind in this game is probably the most perfect balance between repetition and reward I've ever come across with these types of games. Rarely do I go more than an in-game day or so without a new event or progress towards a different event happening, and that's fantastic. Too many of these games require you to repeat events for far too long, sometimes necessitating advancing through weeks upon weeks of in-game days before a morsel of progress is thrown at you. This game nails how it should be. And the option to skip scenes you've played through before while still gaining the benefits is the icing on the cake. I'm playing it unmodded (no cheats) and don't ever feel the urge to install one. Kudos to the dev.

Jorem

May 10, 2017
So sad to see it end! This game is what I looked for in the Latest Updates page the most.
Looking forward to your next project!

masteraaran

Jun 10, 2017
Hey there! I just started the game but I get the feeling I'm really going to love it!

However, I'm unfortunately colorblind and I'm completely stuck on the event colors. I can't see the difference between what I assume are the yellow and green, and the (i think) orange is a stretch too. I tried doing a search and I saw some people discussing colorblind options earlier in the thread and I wondered if anything came of it?

If not, is there any way for me to edit the colors myself (with a console code, or editing the source files in some way?)

Thanks.

NeevAsteria

Jun 12, 2017
Any idea how to smoothen the video loops? Using uncompressed v1.0 (no 0.12 files) and disabled other graphical settings in game.

Alcahest

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
Hey there! I just started the game but I get the feeling I'm really going to love it!

However, I'm unfortunately colorblind and I'm completely stuck on the event colors. I can't see the difference between what I assume are the yellow and green, and the (i think) orange is a stretch too. I tried doing a search and I saw some people discussing colorblind options earlier in the thread and I wondered if anything came of it?

If not, is there any way for me to edit the colors myself (with a console code, or editing the source files in some way?)

Thanks.
I never implemented the possibility to change colors as it can vary between colorblind people which colors would work, and I felt it would require too much work to code a solution for that. You could do it yourself by changing the code, for instance like the cheat mod is doing it and then just change the colors.

Any idea how to smoothen the video loops? Using uncompressed v1.0 (no 0.12 files) and disabled other graphical settings in game.
If you are referring to the small pause when the video repeats, I don't think there is a way around that. It's how the mediaplayer works.

blackleather

Jun 12, 2018
Are you starting the game by running Paradise Found.exe on Windows?
I'm having this same issue as well, my java versions should be up to date. I tried running both the exe and the jar files, neither seem to work.

Starting the .12 still works fine as well.

Alcahest

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
I'm having this same issue as well, my java versions should be up to date. I tried running both the exe and the jar files, neither seem to work.

Starting the .12 still works fine as well.
Can you show me a screenshot of your game folder? Here or in a PM.

Reactions: blackleather

Alcahest

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
I just found the issue, the jdk64 folder did not extract properly. Problem solved when I tried extracting the files again. I realized the problem when I tried to see if the 32 bit files would help.
Figured it was something like that. Still don't understand why you would get that particular error. If I rename the jdk64 folder, videos don't work and I get error messages in the error log, but game still runs fine otherwise.

Reactions: blackleather

blackleather

Jun 12, 2018
Figured it was something like that. Still don't understand why you would get that particular error. If I rename the jdk64 folder, videos don't work and I get error messages in the error log, but game still runs fine otherwise.
I don't think it's an issue on your end at all. 100% winrar's fault for failing to extract, or maybe mine, I might have accidentally stopped the extraction early without realizing it. I don't think anyone will be having this issue unless the same happens to them, or if they accidentally move or delete the folder.

Reactions: Alcahest

Incextv

Game Developer
Oct 12, 2017
whenever i open the .exe nothing happen, the game icon on the task opens, but then nothing more.

Alcahest

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
whenever i open the .exe nothing happen, the game icon on the task opens, but then nothing more.
Start the game with the .bat file and see what it says in the cmd-window. If it says "java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Invalid display mode" then you're using a custom refresh rate/resolution that the game doesn't support.

weaawe

Dec 29, 2020
Are the Cheat mod still Usable. If it still could be use how do I activate it?
because i sometime really bad at this type of gameplay. I really like like to try this game out

CloudX

Oct 14, 2017
This game was sooo good holy!
I played this game for I think 10 hours while skipping every scenes of all the girls except kylie!
The only 'downside' was that I got stuck around 5 times and I had to play like 3 weeks while clicking everything without progress but in the end it worked out without any help! Also I really liked the exhibitionism part of kylie and I would have liked that to turn out into maybe some ntr :)
Was wondering if the dev will be making another game like this? :D

halluva

May 18, 2017
Dixon Butz
Ok, so I actually downloaded and checked out the compressed videos. It turns out they are encoded as webm, even though they are called mp4. So no one should be able to play the videos in-game with the compressed version.

Is there any way to fix that issue without having to download the massive, uncompressed media files? Would the game be able to properly load the files if they were correctly labelled as webm?

Alcahest

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
Are the Cheat mod still Usable. If it still could be use how do I activate it?
because i sometime really bad at this type of gameplay. I really like like to try this game out
Probably still works.

I dowload media pack and exatc in media folder but no video start,help
If you downloaded the compressed version, videos don't work. If you downloaded the non-compressed version, the girls folders etc must be located in the media folder, not in a "media pack" folder in the media folder.

Is there any way to fix that issue without having to download the massive, uncompressed media files? Would the game be able to properly load the files if they were correctly labelled as webm?
No. Firstly, the game will only accept an mp4 extension. Secondly, the mediaplayer doesn't support webm.

4.40 star(s) 108 Votes