Alcahest

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
I'm on Windows 11. Maybe I am clicking too fast. Thank you for taking a look.
Yeah, if you're on Windows 11, the game should run from the Java bundled with it, no need to install anything. Unless you start the game by executing the jar file directly (which you shouldn't do on Windows).

Zjoee

Nov 21, 2021
Yeah, if you're on Windows 11, the game should run from the Java bundled with it, no need to install anything. Unless you start the game by executing the jar file directly (which you shouldn't do on Windows).
Tried with the .exe and with .bat and it still does the same thing. Maybe I'm just unlucky haha. Trying to transfer my save over to a Windows 10 laptop to see if the problem persists.

Reactions: Alcahest

Zjoee

Nov 21, 2021
After testing it out on the Windows 10 laptop, I think it's safe to say that the problem is Windows 11. I had no issues at all through multiple scenes on Windows 10. As I suspected, Microsoft is the problem, as usual haha.

Alcahest

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
After testing it out on the Windows 10 laptop, I think it's safe to say that the problem is Windows 11. I had no issues at all through multiple scenes on Windows 10. As I suspected, Microsoft is the problem, as usual haha.
Could be the case. I have never tested it on Windows 11. I haven't heard much about problems on Windows 11, but it could be because not many are using it.

Billshwr

Feb 17, 2021
Is this playable on iphone? If so, does anyone know a site where you can play?

Last edited:

Alcahest

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
That’s a shame, thanks anyway!
Actually, it's playable on mac and linux too if you install Java with JavaFX. I don't know how I could forget that when I talked about it on itch just yesterday. My mind was elsewhere apparently. I think what I meant was, there's no way to play it on phones (to my knowledge).

Reactions: Billshwr

Alcahest

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
what 100% save is for latest version
The completed game (v1.0) is the same as v0.13. The latest 100% version linked in the OP is for v0.12, so the update before the final update. I don't think I have a 100% save for the completed game.

omenthirteen

Jun 23, 2021
Hey guys, what do I do about the black screen issue when playing media in the game I tried saving then quitting and reloading but it doesn't fix it.
I am using Windows 11.

Alcahest

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
Hey guys, what do I do about the black screen issue when playing media in the game I tried saving then quitting and reloading but it doesn't fix it.
I am using Windows 11.
Make sure you download the fan made media pack.

A few people have reported similar problems on Windows 11. Perhaps it's not compatible with that Windows version. I have no clue to be honest. Don't remember if I ever heard of someone on Windows 11 playing the game without problems.

Reactions: omenthirteen

omenthirteen

Jun 23, 2021
Make sure you download the fan made media pack.

A few people have reported similar problems on Windows 11. Perhaps it's not compatible with that Windows version. I have no clue to be honest. Don't remember if I ever heard of someone on Windows 11 playing the game without problems.
Damn
I'll try running it on a VM
Which win version did you make it for?

Alcahest

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
Damn
I'll try running it on a VM
Which win version did you make it for?
Didn't make it for a particular Windows version, but it was developed and tested on Windows 7. Some Windows 10 users had to disable "fullscreen optimizations" to start the game, but that's the only problem related to a specific Windows version I'm aware of, except perhaps this issue with Windows 11 which I'm not yet sure is a real thing. Are you sure that you have installed the media pack correctly? Because doing that wrong (or not at all) is usually the problem when people get black screens.

omenthirteen

Jun 23, 2021
Didn't make it for a particular Windows version, but it was developed and tested on Windows 7. Some Windows 10 users had to disable "fullscreen optimizations" to start the game, but that's the only problem related to a specific Windows version I'm aware of, except perhaps this issue with Windows 11 which I'm not yet sure is a real thing. Are you sure that you have installed the media pack correctly? Because doing that wrong (or not at all) is usually the problem when people get black screens.
I have installed the pack
And it's not like there is a black screen all the time some times there is and sometimes there is not
For example when repeating an event in place of some videos there is a black screen and when repeating it again sometimes the video will play fine and sometimes not

Alcahest

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
I have installed the pack
And it's not like there is a black screen all the time some times there is and sometimes there is not
For example when repeating an event in place of some videos there is a black screen and when repeating it again sometimes the video will play fine and sometimes not
Okay, then I suspect it is the same problem others have had (possible related to Windows 11). Another player recently reported this issue. If interested, you can read the posts where we talked about it, starting here.

4.30 star(s) 106 Votes