Zjoee

Nov 21, 2021
I've installed Liberica 17 Full JPK as suggested, but I'm still getting a black screen for half of the video scenes. It's fairly inconsistent, sometimes I'll go through an event and I'll see all the videos, then I'll go through the scene again later and half of them will be blacked out. This is the error I get, found through the batch file run:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Alcahest

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
I've installed Liberica 17 Full JPK as suggested, but I'm still getting a black screen for half of the video scenes. It's fairly inconsistent, sometimes I'll go through an event and I'll see all the videos, then I'll go through the scene again later and half of them will be blacked out. This is the error I get, found through the batch file run:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You are playing on mac or linux then I assume, or else you don't need to install java.

That error sometimes appears in the log, usually without the player noticing anything wrong. Advancing/clicking fast in the game seems to sometimes trigger this errror. It may be related to your issue, maybe not. I don't have any solution for your problem other than maybe trying an older version of Liberica (I used v12), in case that newer versions are less compatible with the video files (not likely, but that's all I have).

Zjoee

Nov 21, 2021
You are playing on mac or linux then I assume, or else you don't need to install java.

That error sometimes appears in the log, usually without the player noticing anything wrong. Advancing/clicking fast in the game seems to sometimes trigger this errror. It may be related to your issue, maybe not. I don't have any solution for your problem other than maybe trying an older version of Liberica (I used v12), in case that newer versions are less compatible with the video files (not likely, but that's all I have).
I'm on Windows 11. Maybe I am clicking too fast. Thank you for taking a look.

Reactions: Alcahest

Alcahest

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
I'm on Windows 11. Maybe I am clicking too fast. Thank you for taking a look.
Yeah, if you're on Windows 11, the game should run from the Java bundled with it, no need to install anything. Unless you start the game by executing the jar file directly (which you shouldn't do on Windows).

Zjoee

Nov 21, 2021
Yeah, if you're on Windows 11, the game should run from the Java bundled with it, no need to install anything. Unless you start the game by executing the jar file directly (which you shouldn't do on Windows).
Tried with the .exe and with .bat and it still does the same thing. Maybe I'm just unlucky haha. Trying to transfer my save over to a Windows 10 laptop to see if the problem persists.

Reactions: Alcahest

Zjoee

Nov 21, 2021
After testing it out on the Windows 10 laptop, I think it's safe to say that the problem is Windows 11. I had no issues at all through multiple scenes on Windows 10. As I suspected, Microsoft is the problem, as usual haha.

Alcahest

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
After testing it out on the Windows 10 laptop, I think it's safe to say that the problem is Windows 11. I had no issues at all through multiple scenes on Windows 10. As I suspected, Microsoft is the problem, as usual haha.
Could be the case. I have never tested it on Windows 11. I haven't heard much about problems on Windows 11, but it could be because not many are using it.

Billshwr

Feb 17, 2021
Is this playable on iphone? If so, does anyone know a site where you can play?

Last edited:

Alcahest

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
That’s a shame, thanks anyway!
Actually, it's playable on mac and linux too if you install Java with JavaFX. I don't know how I could forget that when I talked about it on itch just yesterday. My mind was elsewhere apparently. I think what I meant was, there's no way to play it on phones (to my knowledge).

Reactions: Billshwr

Alcahest

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
what 100% save is for latest version
The completed game (v1.0) is the same as v0.13. The latest 100% version linked in the OP is for v0.12, so the update before the final update. I don't think I have a 100% save for the completed game.

omenthirteen

Jun 23, 2021
Hey guys, what do I do about the black screen issue when playing media in the game I tried saving then quitting and reloading but it doesn't fix it.
I am using Windows 11.

Alcahest

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
Hey guys, what do I do about the black screen issue when playing media in the game I tried saving then quitting and reloading but it doesn't fix it.
I am using Windows 11.
Make sure you download the fan made media pack.

A few people have reported similar problems on Windows 11. Perhaps it's not compatible with that Windows version. I have no clue to be honest. Don't remember if I ever heard of someone on Windows 11 playing the game without problems.

Reactions: omenthirteen

omenthirteen

Jun 23, 2021
Make sure you download the fan made media pack.

A few people have reported similar problems on Windows 11. Perhaps it's not compatible with that Windows version. I have no clue to be honest. Don't remember if I ever heard of someone on Windows 11 playing the game without problems.
Damn
I'll try running it on a VM
Which win version did you make it for?

4.30 star(s) 106 Votes