Alcahest

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
It was already set to 60, which I assume is the default. Again, fullscreen works fine, windowed too and I can change it no issue. It's just the save screen that won't open.
Do you have more than one monitor connected to the computer?
Also, Run as administrator has worked for some save issues.
That's the only thing I can think of right now. I checked my notes for problems people have reported for this game, but I don't find anything about this exact issue.

DarkAres

Oct 2, 2018
Do you have more than one monitor connected to the computer?
Also, Run as administrator has worked for some save issues.
That's the only thing I can think of right now. I checked my notes for problems people have reported for this game, but I don't find anything about this exact issue.
I'm using a laptop. Also tried running as admin and on several packs of compatibility mode, including win7.

I don't know if it'll help, but it gave me this error log.

EDIT: Also, thanks a lot for the speedy responses, even if it ends up being something we can't solve.

Alcahest

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
I'm using a laptop. Also tried running as admin and on several packs of compatibility mode, including win7.

I don't know if it'll help, but it gave me this error log.
Great, I was gonna ask about a possible error log but forgot. The error in the log seems to be the problem, but I've never seen it before. I will check it out and see if I can find out what the problem is. Might take awhile.

Alcahest

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
Alright then, thanks again for the quick response and support. Hope it's just a skill issue on my part.
The error seems to originate from a bug in the java source code relating to the file chooser, so not something I have coded. Here you can see the bug in some versions of openjdk (a java implementation).

Why this happens to you, I'm not sure, as I haven't spent much time trying to understand exactly when this happens, but it's a rare bug.

My suggestion is to move the game folder to say C:\ in case there is some issue with folder names.

If that doesn't work, I wonder if you perhaps have your own java implementation installed, like the openjdk in the link with this bug. The game supplies its own java source code, but if you have a java version installed on your system, the game might possibly use that one instead. If that's the case, you could uninstall java from your system -- if you don't need it for something else -- and see if that fixes the problem.

Last edited:

DarkAres

Oct 2, 2018
The error seems to originate from a bug in the java source code relating to the file chooser, so not something I have coded. Here you can see the bug in some versions of openjdk (a java implementation).

Why this happens to you, I'm not sure, as I haven't spent much time trying to understand exactly when this happens, but it's a rare bug.

My suggestion is to move the game folder to say C:\ in case there is some issue with folder names.

If that doesn't work, I wonder if you perhaps have your own java implementation installed, like the openjdk in the link with this bug. The game supplies its own java source code, but if you have a java version installed on your system, the game might possibly use that one instead. If that's the case, you could uninstall java from your system -- if you don't need it for something else -- and see if that fixes the problem.
Well, done both those things now and still nothing. If it's such a rare issue, let's just leave it alone. I'll remember to give it another try at a later date, maybe the gods will be good.

Thanks for your attention, mate.

Reactions: Alcahest

Alcahest

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
Well, done both those things now and still nothing. If it's such a rare issue, let's just leave it alone. I'll remember to give it another try at a later date, maybe the gods will be good.

Thanks for your attention, mate.
Find another computer to play it on :)

4.40 star(s) 108 Votes