Petite Jolie

Mar 23, 2020
Hi! Has anyone else had a problem when the game just won't start anymore? For a few days already and seemingly without doing anything wrong, the game stopped working. Please, help!

Alcahest

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
Hi! Has anyone else had a problem when the game just won't start anymore? For a few days already and seemingly without doing anything wrong, the game stopped working. Please, help!
Reboot the computer if you haven't tried it.
If you start the game from the .bat file, what does it say in the cmd window?

Shagmonkey

Jul 29, 2017
I created a cheat for this game (memory doesn't go below 90), if anybody wants.

Just add
Bash:
-javaagent:pf-cheat-1.0.jar
to the command line and the cheat should work. Tried it with 0.7.00 and should work with the new version but I'll test it later.

EDIT: it works with 0.8.01 Beta
I add this line to where man and accessing command line from where.?

caramoore

Jun 29, 2017
I add this line to where man and accessing command line from where.?
It's very easy to cheat by simply changing the memory stats in the save file. Open the save file using Notepad and you'll see all the data there in plain text. Then look down a few lines from the very top and you'll see something looking like this:

#Var:int#pills#4987#
#Var:int#memory#120#

As you can see in this instance i've given myself a ridiculous amount of pills and my memory is at 120. In your save simply put in whatever figures you like and then save and replace in your save folder.

Edit: The only day you'll not take a pill now is when you use one on someone else but even allowing for this you'll not have to go back and redo the memory stat very often and when you get used to doing the edits in the save file it takes literally seconds to do the changes in the file and get going again.

Last edited:

maverick@79

Mar 4, 2019
Hey, that tool is super useful, thanks so much! Quick question, I don't know how java games work mechanically, but is there any way to use that tool to have an option to enable audio for the videos that play? I know that's not part of the dev's intended design, but for many of them I'd love to be able to have the option.

Again, not sure if that's something that's easily enabled, but I figured I'd ask.

Thanks!
???

peetee33

Jun 18, 2018
Really enjoyed this game, I just hated the way Kyra ended up. I thought Goldie was a great personality that seemed to reconcile all the conflicting things going on with the character the way it was described.

Reactions: Alcahest

Oshitari Azumi

Who's the strongest Nobbu?!
Donor
May 23, 2017
So I was playing and occasionally got a black screen instead of what it was supposed to show for 'Kyra'. I tried going full screen but that did not work. Before I tried to restart the computer, I wanted to see what the images looked like and noticed that the images that should be showing for the office are in a folder called 'TherapistCO'. I checked and found the same folder in 'Angela's folder. Was just curious if this folder name was correct or what.

Alcahest

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
So I was playing and occasionally got a black screen instead of what it was supposed to show for 'Kyra'. I tried going full screen but that did not work. Before I tried to restart the computer, I wanted to see what the images looked like and noticed that the images that should be showing for the office are in a folder called 'TherapistCO'. I checked and found the same folder in 'Angela's folder. Was just curious if this folder name was correct or what.
TherapistCO is the name of the building, the folders are correct. Some people have reported problems with black screens for Kyra but I don't know why it happens.

Reactions: Oshitari Azumi

deppenjaeger

May 23, 2017
i am pretty sure i asked that allready,.. but i cant seem to find the post...
whats the combination for the magic tune? because it feels like nothing i try works

4.30 star(s) 106 Votes