Tyrranus

May 4, 2017
GRasputin if I might make a, hopefully, simple request for a small update? Open up the girl at the resort in the morning as a repeatable sex event once you can bang anything and gain memory. I realize we have no shortage of options but this would be a nice bonus, and let us reuse existing content.

Reactions: scarfer

puffyshirt

Game Developer
Jan 22, 2021
After reviewing all the mirrors for the media pack, I suspect that all problems with black screens people have been complaining about is because they haven't extracted the media correctly in the media folder, instead extracting it to/in a folder. This also explains why so many with the compressed version had this problem, because the compressed version is packed in a folder, so it has to be manually taken out from the folder even after extracting it "here".

trickmartins

Sep 28, 2016
After reviewing all the mirrors for the media pack, I suspect that all problems with black screens people have been complaining about is because they haven't extracted the media correctly in the media folder, instead extracting it to/in a folder. This also explains why so many with the compressed version had this problem, because the compressed version is packed in a folder, so it has to be manually taken out from the folder even after extracting it "here".
In my media folder, have assets and girls folder's, etc that's correct? or i make a mess?
Sorry, english is not my native language.

Alcahest

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
In my media folder, have assets and girls folder's, etc that's correct? or i make a mess?
Sorry, english is not my native language.
Yes, that sounds right but if you send me a screenshot of your media folder in a private message maybe I can spot some problem.

Alcahest

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
GRasputin if I might make a, hopefully, simple request for a small update? Open up the girl at the resort in the morning as a repeatable sex event once you can bang anything and gain memory. I realize we have no shortage of options but this would be a nice bonus, and let us reuse existing content.
Sorry. Aside from bugfixing, I'm finished with PF. A minute working on PF is a minute I could be working on my next game.

Reactions: Aragonik

JohnH.

May 11, 2019
I finally tracked down the issue. It stems from a bug that occured in v0.12.01 and was fixed in v0.12.02. You must have used a save from v0.12.01. I have attached a fixed save. Play the Kyra night event and fuck her and things should work again.

Thora Buster1066
You encountered the same bug and I'm afraid my solution made you miss a couple of Kyra's night events. If you want to play them, I suggest you save your game if you haven't completed it yet and then make another save for modification. Then open the save for modding and follow the instructions here how to edit your save. In point 1) you will have a higher value. Still change it to 8302.
Then you should get a couple new Kyra's night events that you missed.
Thanks for this.

Reactions: Alcahest

Alcahest

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
is there any way i can translate the game into another language?
Only if you can edit java byte code or disassemble/assemble it. I abandoned the plans for translation support because it would require too much time to implement it.

Dixon Butz

Apr 8, 2017
But if that was the case, images wouldn't show up either. What we're saying is the videos in the compressed pack aren't working in-game, and throwing ERROR_MEDIA_CORRUPTED messages in the errorlog. So the game sees the files, it just thinks there is something wrong with them. Pics are displaying just fine.

Reactions: HarryHill99

Alcahest

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
But if that was the case, images wouldn't show up either. What we're saying is the videos in the compressed pack aren't working in-game, and throwing ERROR_MEDIA_CORRUPTED messages in the errorlog. So the game sees the files, it just thinks there is something wrong with them. Pics are displaying just fine.
Yes, those messages mean something is wrong, but I'm not sure why the compressed version would do that. That one other guy in the media packs thread seemed to get that error for the upgrade pack too. It could simply be that the download went wrong somehow, wasn't completed or something, but the files are still playable outside the game. I don't know. Nothing has been changed with the mediaplayer in like a year, so whatever the problem, it's unlikely that it has to do with the game itself. And most people are able to play the videos fine. Download it again and try, that's the only advice I can give, if you get that error message.

Reactions: Dixon Butz

cxcxc

Sep 4, 2017
I've had a black screen during videos as well on the compressed version, I was getting ERROR_MEDIA_CORRUPTED in my logs when videos were supposed to play, pictures were displaying normally.
Ended up downloading the regular version and it works fine, the compressed version worked for me in the past.

Alcahest

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
Dixon Butz
Ok, so I actually downloaded and checked out the compressed videos. It turns out they are encoded as webm, even though they are called mp4. So no one should be able to play the videos in-game with the compressed version.

Last edited:

HarryHill99

Dec 29, 2019
Dixon Butz
Ok, so I actually downloaded and checked out the compressed videos. It turns out they are encoded as webm, even though they are called mp4. So no one should be able to play the videos in-game with the compressed version. I would have expected more people to complain if no one could, but can't see how anyone could do it.
looks like we did the same compare/work. also found some vp9/opus videos in there as well. So jettison the compressed version and use the full media pack.

Alcahest

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
looks like we did the same compare/work. also found some vp9/opus videos in there as well. So jettison the compressed version and use the full media pack.
Yes, VP9/WebM for the video. I didn't see that the audio was in Opus. I don't know if Opus will work in the game mediaplayer, so it's good that you caught it. Thanks.

4.30 star(s) 106 Votes