COHL

Game Developer
May 12, 2022
ParanormalPredicaments-0.420.69.1
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​
Making the whole game smaller atm

COHL

Game Developer
May 12, 2022
You've got some videos in mpeg-4 and others in H264. Currently mpeg-4 doesn't play on my browser at all.

You should standardize all of them to H264, or, better yet, webm for filesize and compatibility across most browsers.

Resolution wise, 1920x1080 and smaller is over 90% of the user share worldwide. 720p video is fine for most people, but if you want to bump it up to 1600x900 for the 1440p monitors out there.

Technical problems aside, though, there's promise to this.
Thank you for the feedback. The resounding webm comments have me doing that right now and omg do they make the files smaller! Thanks for the kind words and taking the time! Would like to know what you find promising tho ;) I haven't seen any games with captioned videos that deviate choices during the scene itself. Hoping others will enjoy

COHL

Game Developer
May 12, 2022
A lot of the images are stretched and distorted. It seems like they're non-square images being stretched to fit a square element.
I have actually been looking into flexbox to make it so it will resize properly. There are some images that I will be also working with though after I get the video thing under control. Was there any image in particular that jumped out at you? Or is it a general thing with all images?

Reactions: hardfacing

COHL

Game Developer
May 12, 2022
Haven't played it yet, but so far what I'm seeing looks promising - seems a bit like A Spell For All. The lack of compression and technical issues are a shame but since you acknowledge the latter and are working to fix them-
View attachment 3386433
YEEESSS haha, it was the inspiration for the game. I played that and loved it. I love supernatural elements and power. But, I wanted there to be movies in the game. Better yet with choices! I played college daze next and was like, "I gotta make a game" I am definitely still learning. Honestly, the scope of the game was way too much for learning how to code and all that and everyone says not to make an open world game but that's what I want to do :cry: I will thrash around and hopefully make something people enjoy. Just being put next to A spell for all even comparatively is so cool. Cmac, ASFA creator, actually commented on the sizing being all messed up too XD I was like. Fuck noooo.

Reactions: stinkyjason52

COHL

Game Developer
May 12, 2022
I'd like to give it a try but I'm going to have to wait for a torrent. Like everyone else has said, 10gb is A Lot.

How much actual content is there in the game outside of images/videos?
Fair amount of story but you may want to wait as I am working on getting it smaller currently.

COHL

Game Developer
May 12, 2022
Using the spell on Asa at the Massage Parlor leads to a softlock. It mentions: " At the edge of town a bar sits. This is the edge of town. Should probably put the bar here. Have it lead into the wilderness too. From the graveyard" and that's the entire screen. Thankfully pressing the Back button lets you get back to the other options and then exit the Parlor.

From what I saw, every choice involving casting a Spell on Asa leads to the Softlock.
I like what I'm seeing, so far!
Oh snap! that scene ends by exiting to Essex St which shouldn't be reachable yet. Thank you for letting me know. This has been corrected :giggle:

COHL

Game Developer
May 12, 2022
Also: I bought the card from the Mall and then the next screen had me back at the Spell shop.
Wait how tf could you afford the card lol. You editing the money values? I can't plan for that XD I should put in a passage, "Um, excuse me how did you get here hmmm?" lol I have been thinking of how I want to implement money in the game. As I don't want it to be some dumb you go to work grindy crap.

COHL

Game Developer
May 12, 2022
I am getting this as well.

I'm also getting two red boxes saying "Error: child tag <</if>> was found outside of a call to its parent macro <<if>>" when I enter the Fortune Teller Shop.

I also got a "teleport" happen when I was in the Computer Store inside the mall. I purchase the Graphics Card ($600) and click on "That"s all" on the next page and it teleports me to the Salem Spell shop. But if I back out of purchasing it and use the spell on the girl and then go back to see what is for sale, it says I've already purchased it, but the money wasn't removed from my cash amount.
I didn't plan for people to be able to buy it yet. I think this is the first I am hearing about the fortune teller bug though. Could you provide a little context? What screen are you on getting that?

COHL

Game Developer
May 12, 2022
Paranormal Predicaments [v0.420.69.1] [COHL]

COMPRESSED: Win/Linux/Mac:
- - PIXELDRAIN -
Not all superheroes wear capes. I maaay want to ask you what you did to get it that small XD

Raknor

May 12, 2019
I didn't plan for people to be able to buy it yet. I think this is the first I am hearing about the fortune teller bug though. Could you provide a little context? What screen are you on getting that?
When I first went into it, I got that issue. I was able to get the store to work like the next day or two. Got her to give me my fortune and when I keep going back now, it is giving me the same error when I enter the store. I've waited days to keep going back into it each day getting the same error.

It also seems that I had at least a week happen after the first use of the power on Nebs and Cory that nothing happened. There was no classes, no paranormal club, nothing at home, nothing. I got a screen after leaving my room one day at the beginning of that that said I heard a female's voice downstairs, but when I went down, there was nothing. Then, when the next Saturday happened, I went downstairs and saw Maggie and Cory talking.

Reactions: COHL

Killer94

Feb 4, 2018
is my eyes tripping or am i seeing right for a first release 10 FREAKING GIGABYTES
what the heck it's gonna take a whole day to download this o_O

• Sad

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Game Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Not all superheroes wear capes. I maaay want to ask you what you did to get it that small XD
I just used my standard compression settings I used for almost every HTML game, images about 80% and videos at something similar.

Aug 13, 2017
softlocked in the massge parlour after 10 -15 mins content for 10 gig DL no thanx
Just keep hitting back on the sidebar and you should get out.

After you focus on Asa's memory of the nuru massage and leave you get a single line of text describing the street as having a bar. There's no menu to navigate to anywhere and all you can do is hit the back button on the sidebar or load an earlier save.

3.80 star(s) 6 Votes