COHL

Game Developer
May 12, 2022
ok if you go for the convince the aunt to leave simon then go to sleep then wake up it says nothing here and can't proceed.
The route itself hasn't been completed yet but will now let the game progress. Nikki loving has a similar fix for the time being.

COHL

Game Developer
May 12, 2022
I would suggest adding some sort of note to let us know that that's the end of the current content, and a link back to the last choice so that we can easily see what's in the other path would be nice too.
The first has been implemented and will appear in the next patch. When possible I am still trying to allow the character to move forward in the story as well. Thank you for the feedback.

There are two buttons in the top left side bar. One of them minimizes the sidebar. The other will let you go back rather far with the paths to make different choices. There is also a save game option that may be utilized.

COHL

Game Developer
May 12, 2022
This game is broke AF
Can't even read the book on the first day
You shouldn't be able to read the book on the first day, but what I am thinking may be happening is that you are not making it to all the content in the school in time. I have changed this in the upcoming patch in two ways. One is I have made the school open later and the other I have added triggered events that will fire if such a thing still happens so the story shouldn't soft lock here anymore regardless.

COHL

Game Developer
May 12, 2022
You can read this thread for more info on how content is uploaded, and the rules for it. Specific info on updates can be found on point 5 (promotion).

Let me know if you have any further questions.
Thank you for answering! I read through that and I understand every 2 weeks updates can be promoted. My question is, is an update just considered me adding in the new mega links and what not? Or is there a more formal process for updating versions?

yilkin

dl.rpdl.net
Donor
Feb 23, 2023
Thank you for answering! I read through that and I understand every 2 weeks updates can be promoted. My question is, is an update just considered me adding in the new mega links and what not? Or is there a more formal process for updating versions?
An update is any publishing of a new release/change to the game's files/version (going from 0.1 to 0.2 for example).
When you want to publish an update, you will generally change the version, download links, and add a change log to to the title and/or OP(first post).
You could technically update the game 5 times a day if you want. The talk about 2 weeks refers to the game being pushed to the Latest Games page, giving your new release a boost in visibility (for users to be aware your game updated/discover your game).

As for the formal process of updating, I've never been owner of a game/thread so I can't speak to that, but I'm assuming there's an option to save/publish the thread changes, and another to request a promotion..?
(Hey Bob69 o/. Was wondering if you could help out in answering COHL's questions regarding the updating process as thread owner?)

COHL

Game Developer
May 12, 2022
I think I will push out the next update over the weekend. Please hang tight as I fix a lot of bugs that have been reported and build out the branch for not going to church.

• Love
Reactions: JohnSoprano

Synaxis

Sep 29, 2017
COHL Great game. I really like it and some of the options. There are only 2 minor criticisms I have:

1. The disconnected routes are annoying but you're fixing that. It sucks to end the version when I still have things to do.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: COHL

rykdragon

May 3, 2017
Someone can share the v0-420-69-2 or 3 HTTP file? At the first post there's still v0-420-69-1 and its bugy like hell. I cant play this game version.

COHL

Game Developer
May 12, 2022
COHL Great game. I really like it and some of the options. There are only 2 minor criticisms I have:

1. The disconnected routes are annoying but you're fixing that. It sucks to end the version when I still have things to do.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Sharing is a little to vague. I think I want to have lots of possibilities for the MC to pursue ideally. You only have power if you can give it up. As far as guy guy girl scenes. I had thought of one if you possessed the Mom but that wouldn't be until much later.

JohnSoprano

Jan 30, 2023
Sharing is a little to vague. I think I want to have lots of possibilities for the MC to pursue ideally. You only have power if you can give it up. As far as guy guy girl scenes. I had thought of one if you possessed the Mom but that wouldn't be until much later.
Possess the mom? Is this a new spell, or do you mean controlling her with the first spell?

COHL

Game Developer
May 12, 2022
Possessing the Mom yes. There are two spells in the game at the moment. You can charm people and swap bodies/possess others. The scene I am currently working on will be another body swap if you take the don't go to church route. Because Nebs being the person she is, is going to try and test out that spell.

• Love

JohnSoprano

Jan 30, 2023
Possessing the Mom yes. There are two spells in the game at the moment. You can charm people and swap bodies/possess others. The scene I am currently working on will be another body swap if you take the don't go to church route. Because Nebs being the person she is, is going to try and test out that spell.
Oh wow! That sounds great :D
And of course nebs will test the spell, very interesting!
Does this mean luke will be somewhere other than the church , and maybe successful swap this time? Or does it lead back to the same outcome only different approach? Time will tell I guess, but sounds really interesting to me!

Or perhaps in this new scene there is someone else being swapped instead? Since it sounds like nebs testing the spell means she will swap with Luke perhaps?
Much to think about, looking forward to see it!

• Red Heart

Content_Consumer

Dec 24, 2019
Strive to emulate College Daze, rather than ASfA, the former is much better and far more robust in how it plays out.

The navigation system here is not optimal and I honestly find it annoying.
Where are the context clues? Where are the indicators about new/unseen content?

here for example;

Screenshot_1.png

If you go to the hallway it still says there is a commotion in the library and if you go back in to see if it's different you get the same scene over again.
So you shouldn't go to the hall, it's a bad move and only wastes time.

There should be context clues that the tell you where you should be going next and if a location has some new event or repeatable event available.
Having to just click more or less randomly to see if a location has something and then using the back button if it doesn't is bad design.

COHL

Game Developer
May 12, 2022
Oh wow! That sounds great :D
And of course nebs will test the spell, very interesting!
Does this mean luke will be somewhere other than the church , and maybe successful swap this time? Or does it lead back to the same outcome only different approach? Time will tell I guess, but sounds really interesting to me!

Or perhaps in this new scene there is someone else being swapped instead? Since it sounds like nebs testing the spell means she will swap with Luke perhaps?
Much to think about, looking forward to see it!
Won't be at the Church so Luke won't be there to swap with. I was hoping to get the next update out but the scene took so long to caption. Just about done with it though now. Few more things to touch up though.

• Love

Toxickumquat

Nov 12, 2016
I'm seconding the need for a transcript of the captioned videos underneath the actual video (maybe a toggleable option?). It helps non English speakers translate it easier with copy/paste, lets those that read fast not get frustrated waiting for it all to play out, and lets players not have to look at the video if they don't like the scene/actress (the librarian is a wildebeest and having to watch her fat udders flop all over the screen was a major boner killer).

Props to you COHL for putting out a game and being so responsive to everyone in the thread! Its nice to see people takng chances and not doing the same game over and over with the same pics of girls.

COHL

Game Developer
May 12, 2022
Strive to emulate College Daze, rather than ASfA, the former is much better and far more robust in how it plays out.

The navigation system here is not optimal and I honestly find it annoying.
Where are the context clues? Where are the indicators about new/unseen content?

here for example;

View attachment 3430702

If you go to the hallway it still says there is a commotion in the library and if you go back in to see if it's different you get the same scene over again.
So you shouldn't go to the hall, it's a bad move and only wastes time.

There should be context clues that the tell you where you should be going next and if a location has some new event or repeatable event available.
Having to just click more or less randomly to see if a location has something and then using the back button if it doesn't is bad design.
The commotion should be changed once you have gone to the library. I haven't put out the next update which did fix a lot of dead ends/bugs, but I am looking at the code now and the commotion comment should be gone once you have gone to the library. If you hit the back button everything in the game rewinds. Otherwise buying mana potions and spending money would be an issue as it would revert.. I'm keeping the back button in the game for now just so players have an easier time navigating.

<<s "Nebs">>Ugh, I gave the librarian the title of the book, the author and even the ISBN number. She just doesn't want to do it.
<</s>><br>
You get up to leave.
<<thought "We'll see about that">>

I think context clues are fairly clear that you should be charming the librarian here? I am not sure if I have changed this scene and forgot? Was this what you saw in the library?

I do appreciate feedback. But, saying the navigation is unoptimized isn't actionable. In what way is it unoptimized? I don't mind making changes to the game. I have been doing so frequently with feedback. But, I do need some kind of idea to what you are suggesting.

I love College Daze. But that is not what this game is. It is a bit more open world. G28s got that game and making another one. I am not trying to replicate him or really anyone necessarily. I don't think I have seen a game with captioned video open world thing that I am doing. Maybe if I make it cool enough you will like it :)

Thank you for taking the time to play and give feedback <3

COHL

Game Developer
May 12, 2022
I'm seconding the need for a transcript of the captioned videos underneath the actual video (maybe a toggleable option?). It helps non English speakers translate it easier with copy/paste, lets those that read fast not get frustrated waiting for it all to play out, and lets players not have to look at the video if they don't like the scene/actress (the librarian is a wildebeest and having to watch her fat udders flop all over the screen was a major boner killer).

Props to you COHL for putting out a game and being so responsive to everyone in the thread! Its nice to see people takng chances and not doing the same game over and over with the same pics of girls.
I'm not sure exactly how that would work. :unsure: I think I could add a toggle option. But I am not exactly sure what you mean. So like have the whole scene in plain text or something in like a dialog window that can pop up that the player could copy and paste to put in google translate or something? It would be cool to get other languages for the game.

I think I will be putting the options at the bottom of most scenes so you could skip through. The videos also have controls enabled so you should be able to fast-forward.

It's definitely taken a long time to get this where it's at right now. The video editing took a while to learn but it's been fun. Thanks for noticing and playing :) sorry it isn't in your native tongue though. If anyone wanted to help translate things I would be more than happy to lend all the help I could with such an endeavor.

COHL

Game Developer
May 12, 2022
link to download "gofile" and "mega" are broken.
Thanks thornum. I will likely be waiting for Friday to upload the latest build. I finished the mall scene with Leana and Nebs if you don't go to church. I had a bunch of other bug fixes and nonsense to fix up so am posting in discord for people to try out to see if there are any more bugs. Feel free to swing by if you'd like.

Otherwise, will have up here Friday one way or another. Possibly sooner if things are smooth sailing because I don't plan on adding more content to this update but putting out what I already made :) Just making sure it is less broken then the previous releases XD

3.80 star(s) 6 Votes