lostraven

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2017

Alderian News!

Hey guys!
Thank you all so much for your support, we've managed to break ove 400 combined supporters on Patreon and Subscribestar! You guys are awesome!

Now, onto the main bulk of news! :p

The latest tech update is still underway. On the technical side, we're first planning to focus on the inventory stuff and then moving onto implementing actual levelling and things, (well, that's the plan anyway).

We're also still re-designing old locations and some lewd scenes, as you guys can see below:

Blacksmith's re-design - above)

Arlena bedroom re-design WIP - Above)

That's it for any real news for now, we'll be in touch in the next few days with another progress report!
Oh ... There is one more thing.

In light of Ves' popularity poll recently and breaking over the 400 threshold for supporters, we're planning to make a special wallpaper soon in honour of everyone's favorite angry, soft, green girl ;)

Thank you all so much for your support as always,
you guys are the reason all of this can happen and we're excited to hopefully keep bringing the world of Parasite Black to life for you.

-The Damned Studios Team

dungryder

Oct 22, 2018
Thank you very much for your kind words, walls of text with people actually engaging with the work are the best things :giggle:
While I can't spoil specific sex scenes planned or the story, we hope you continue to enjoy.
Will do! And happy to give praise where it's due. I don't normally comment on titles, as you can see from the post count, but I think you're doing something special and especially enjoyable here.

aces4all

Oct 29, 2021
Version 0.147

I am really digging this. Good story concept and a good job telling the story so far. The game engine you all are building also shows a lot of promise though it looks like there will continue to be a bit of trial and error there so please remain open to feedback.

Questions and comments:
  • Mouse cursor/pointer comment - I like that you set a custom mouse cursor/pointer without forcing a size (I have limited vision and need a larger mouse cursor/pointer which you allow by not overriding the system mouse cursor size). Please continue this.
  • Saves question - What is the intended benefit to storytelling/game play of limiting the number of saves to 54 (9 pages of 6)? Why limit them at all this early in development?
  • Saves comment - Without the typical RenPy load menu and no load button how to load from a save is not very intuitive.
    • I did eventually discover that clicking on a save in the save menu would load the save but either adding a load menu or changing the delete buttons to load may help avoid confusion in the future.
    • You already have delete all saves in the Options menu and people expect that saving on top of an existing save will overwrite it so the ability to delete individual saves is less necessary.
  • Rollback comment - Disabling rollback may make sense for a game/story in its final stages but it does make it harder for testers to give you good feedback from exploring all the available options and having a limited number of saves further complicates this.
All in all, I am enjoying the game so far and will continue to follow and support it for a while.

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
Where do I find out about the thornfell's trade expedition?

edit: found it finally.
you talk to the merchant in the general store

Reactions: Bettencourt

aces4all

Oct 29, 2021
Is there any gay content or just straight with some futa?
Have only found straight visual content so far with an option for a futa LI (Divine) and a place marker for unfinished futa visual content. These devs are pushing their skills and learning more with every release. While in some areas they seem to be experimenting to learn what they can do in others they appear to know what they want but have to build the skills and have the time to deliver. For things with place markers already in game, like the futa visual content, it looks like the latter is the case. I am sure they will deliver on that as soon as they learn how to make it work to their satisfaction.

As far as gay content goes, nothing yet. I can see potential for it in how they've written the story and they have seemed pretty open and responsive to constructive feedback so participate and let them know what you think. You may get the content you are looking for.

• Angry
Reactions: BGRW2020

JoeAngel

Oct 16, 2020
Untitled.png
so encouraging
sad-chandler-of-friends-vsb3cr8rlpctv3w6.gif
so flat
so sad
so Mad
so Lone
so crazy