PheareBern

Dec 27, 2017
This has got to be one of the best games I have played this year. Yet with all the women he is banging why not add a female angelic creature or more female creatures since its only fantasy right.

Reactions: Blowns

kylarnoel

Aug 31, 2019
Getting the below exception during the battle-scene right before the scene with Zanarak (Markus, Kiara and MC fight scene), if Kiara and/or MC takes a health potion mid-fight. I'm not entirely sure if it's a specific health potion that's triggering it. I was able to finish the fight without Kiara or MC taking one, but it makes things hard....

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/data/world_quests/main/Prologue/script_prologue.rpy", line 2688, in <module>
  File "game/engine/battle/CombatEncounter.rpy", line 49, in perform
  File "game/engine/battle/BattleScene.rpy", line 364, in performBattle
  File "game/engine/callbacks/periodicTick.rpy", line 5, in periodicTick
  File "game/engine/callbacks/DelayedCBManager.rpy", line 38, in tick
  File "game/engine/callbacks/DelayedCBManager.rpy", line 60, in _processIterObj
  File "game/engine/utility/RecursiveIterator.rpy", line 24, in next
  File "game/engine/battle/BattleScene.rpy", line 134, in tempUseItemIter
  File "game/engine/inventory/functions.rpy", line 139, in RemItemByIndex
KeyError: 2

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "engine/locations/coreLoop.rpyc", line 61, in script call
  File "engine/locations/coreLoop.rpyc", line 28, in script call
  File "data/world_quests/main/Prologue/qst_prologue.rpyc", line 126, in script call
  File "data/world_quests/main/Prologue/script_prologue.rpyc", line 2688, in script
  File "F:\f95\ParasiteBlack-0.148-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1131, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "F:\f95\ParasiteBlack-0.148-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1061, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "game/data/world_quests/main/Prologue/script_prologue.rpy", line 2688, in <module>
  File "F:\f95\ParasiteBlack-0.148-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 3181, in call_screen
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse="screen", type="screen", roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "F:\f95\ParasiteBlack-0.148-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 299, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "F:\f95\ParasiteBlack-0.148-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3377, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, pause_modal=pause_modal, **kwargs) # type: ignore
  File "F:\f95\ParasiteBlack-0.148-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 4101, in interact_core
    i()

Windows-10-10.0.19044 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.0.3.22090809
Parasite Black 0.148
Mon May 15 23:11:07 2023

lostraven

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2017
I'm done. Sorry dev, but even playing through from Act 1 again; that's still a ton of content to replay. If you're going to continue to make saves from previous builds unplayable can I suggest you include a save file with your updates for those of us that are bored of getting Regina's package again for her, and then building ourselves back up to where we were before we can play new content? Or do what you did with the act 1 start point at the point the last update ended? I don't know how much work that would be.

Wish you all the best, I was enjoying the story, but this approach isn't for me.
You do not need to replay any of Act 1 to see the 'latest content' this is a tech build with just some art in the prologue revamped.

You can skip currently up to the point of post saving Ves the Orc. Supplying saves for each and every decision will increasingly become futile due to the games RPG nature.

We've mentioned many times before the current issues around saves due to engine changes and what we're doing to try and resolve the issue(s). The save issue I hope within the next 3 months can be re-evaulated.

Groundlbr

Jul 5, 2017
For some reason I'm getting errors during the "scenes." The gallery also isn't working. Anybody else having this issue?

Alleycat_2017

Sep 1, 2017
You do not need to replay any of Act 1 to see the 'latest content' this is a tech build with just some art in the prologue revamped.

You can skip currently up to the point of post saving Ves the Orc. Supplying saves for each and every decision will increasingly become futile due to the games RPG nature.

We've mentioned many times before the current issues around saves due to engine changes and what we're doing to try and resolve the issue(s). The save issue I hope within the next 3 months can be re-evaulated.
That's what meant, even going from the saving of Ves is a lot of rework. I understand that there are changes that cause old saves to break. What I am suggesting is that either a full save up to the point where that last updated ended is included with an update. With a note that some content may be missed? Or a similar set up that let's you skip the prologue, allows you to start the update where the last one left off. Again, I understand that may cause some content to be missed. But that's a choice for players to make. As I said, I don't know how much work that would be.

I'm not criticizing the story, quality, or content of the game. I like the game. The more content you add, in my view, the more onerous it will get for players to get to a point where they can continue the story. So, I'm simply saving myself that frustration. Once it's no longer an issue then I'll happily pick it back up again.

Reactions: OxnaSolvak

corkui

Oct 22, 2022
Useless, started from the beginning, and only to have the game crash on every battle scene, I give up,!

While running game code:

Full traceback:
File "game/engine/locations/coreLoop.rpyc", line 61, in script call
File "game/engine/locations/coreLoop.rpyc", line 28, in script call
File "game/data/world_quests/main/Prologue/qst_prologue.rpyc", line 126, in script call
File "game/data/world_quests/main/Prologue/script_prologue.rpyc", line 2688, in script
File "K:\Games\Parasite Black\ParasiteBlack-0.148-IC-GU-URM\renpy\ast.py", line 1131, in execute
File "K:\Games\Parasite Black\ParasiteBlack-0.148-IC-GU-URM\renpy\python.py", line 1061, in py_exec_bytecode
File "K:\Games\Parasite Black\ParasiteBlack-0.148-IC-GU-URM\renpy\exports.py", line 3181, in call_screen
rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse="screen", type="screen", roll_forward=roll_forward)
File "K:\Games\Parasite Black\ParasiteBlack-0.148-IC-GU-URM\renpy\ui.py", line 299, in interact
File "K:\Games\Parasite Black\ParasiteBlack-0.148-IC-GU-URM\renpy\display\core.py", line 3377, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, pause_modal=pause_modal, **kwargs) # type: ignore
File "K:\Games\Parasite Black\ParasiteBlack-0.148-IC-GU-URM\renpy\display\core.py", line 4101, in interact_core
i()

Windows-10-10.0.22621 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.0.3.22090809
Parasite Black 0.148
Tue May 16 22:12:08 2023

lostraven

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2017
Useless, started from the beginning, and only to have the game crash on every battle scene, I give up,!

While running game code:

Full traceback:
File "game/engine/locations/coreLoop.rpyc", line 61, in script call
File "game/engine/locations/coreLoop.rpyc", line 28, in script call
File "game/data/world_quests/main/Prologue/qst_prologue.rpyc", line 126, in script call
File "game/data/world_quests/main/Prologue/script_prologue.rpyc", line 2688, in script
File "K:\Games\Parasite Black\ParasiteBlack-0.148-IC-GU-URM\renpy\ast.py", line 1131, in execute
File "K:\Games\Parasite Black\ParasiteBlack-0.148-IC-GU-URM\renpy\python.py", line 1061, in py_exec_bytecode
File "K:\Games\Parasite Black\ParasiteBlack-0.148-IC-GU-URM\renpy\exports.py", line 3181, in call_screen
File "K:\Games\Parasite Black\ParasiteBlack-0.148-IC-GU-URM\renpy\ui.py", line 299, in interact
File "K:\Games\Parasite Black\ParasiteBlack-0.148-IC-GU-URM\renpy\display\core.py", line 3377, in interact
File "K:\Games\Parasite Black\ParasiteBlack-0.148-IC-GU-URM\renpy\display\core.py", line 4101, in interact_core
i()

Windows-10-10.0.22621 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.0.3.22090809
Parasite Black 0.148
Tue May 16 22:12:08 2023
Follow the instructions and delete persistent data on bootup.

Blowns

May 1, 2018
Day 2 of asking if anyone know where Elena is, cause i'm supposed to talk to her but i can't find her anywhere :/ I'm doing the "Shared in Thorns" quest by the way

clamp360

Apr 29, 2020
Is the incest intended or just fan added? Like are the characters supposed to be related but can't because patreon and so the incest makes sense or is it just forcing a familial relationship on them to serve a fetish?

Eonor

Sep 9, 2017
Made a compressed Android port of Parasite Black v0.148 with an incest patch included.

Got some basic gestures loaded in: swipe up for save menu, swipe down to hide UI, swipe left to rollback and swipe right to skip.

Please let me know if you encounter any issues with the port and I'll see what I can do to get them sorted.

Links: -

BGRW2020

Jul 8, 2020
Anyone having any problems with 148, mine seems to crash every so often and not in the same places

4.30 star(s) 74 Votes