MidnightKing

Jun 27, 2017
Really interested in trying this out, but I think I read a lot of stuff like combat was getting revamped? I know the next update is part 1 of it. My question is, as someone who hasn't played this, should I wait for the full revamp?

I don't mind the wait as I'll end up playing this eventually, but I'm wondering if it's that big of a deal that I should wait for it.

APoc1

Apr 22, 2018
Really interested in trying this out, but I think I read a lot of stuff like combat was getting revamped? I know the next update is part 1 of it. My question is, as someone who hasn't played this, should I wait for the full revamp?

I don't mind the wait as I'll end up playing this eventually, but I'm wondering if it's that big of a deal that I should wait for it.

As far as the re-vamp I can't really make any comments because I don't know how they will implement the re-vamp other than it being in parts, but I can say that the current combat system is not unworkable it's just not polished and lacks leveling, gear upgrades , and you need to do a little strategizing to win in some cases. One thing if you do play I highly recommend saving the game before each battle, if you die the game is over. So better to save before in case it happens otherwise you will have to start over from your last save. Your choices will matter from my understanding so it may be wise to save before those as well.
The story imo is really good and art work is really good as well( some really hot scenes) It also has a rich world with multiple area's to travel too and interact with. Well worth your time even at this early stage imo.

Reactions: MidnightKing

lostraven

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2017

If you want the best experience, wait till all our revamp work is done.

-But, if you can tolerate the art inconsistencies and the combat being basically a protoype, enjoy.
The first part to our revamp is currently available to our highest tier patrons.

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
will markus be a very important character in the game?
Rather than whether he will be, he already is.
I'm thinking he may end up being the biggest pain in the ass for our mc, or his biggest asset.
Maybe even will die along the way and his parasite will be added to mc, boosting his power.

Or at least, those are the scenarios i can easily imagine based on what i saw so far.

assman69420

May 21, 2020
I had assumed that based on the parasite colors, we would be at odds. But when they first physically reveal themselves, they seem aware of each other and part of the same 'colony' rather than enemies. So far it seems to just decide the transformation forms.

That doesn't mean he won't be a rival in the future though. After all, there's a human brain working with that parasite and we're prone to jealousy and idiocy. Maybe he gets sick of throwing coin around in the pleasure district while we get to deep dick all the non-prostitutes? :p

TheCragger

Aug 14, 2021
I'm thinking he may end up being the biggest pain in the ass for our mc, or his biggest asset.
Maybe even will die along the way and his parasite will be added to mc, boosting his power.

Or at least, those are the scenarios i can easily imagine based on what i saw so far.
I have a suspicion that Markus having other parasite might lead to a future title Parasite White. It's just a thought though.

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
So far it seems to just decide the transformation forms.
They have different abilities, not just look different.
White can fly, for instance. I think both may come from different hives, but forgotten about it.
And those hives may even been at odds or even war once long ago.. but again, all just a guess.

Also i suspect that the what-was-her-name hero from the adventurer's guild may be parasite infected as well, that hair of hers looked suspicious to me. But i may be overthinking it, too. :giggle::coffee:
However other infected humans who haven't lost their sentience obviously exist, as well.
Demorai are likely former infected humans who had lost their sentience.

I have a suspicion that Markus having other parasite might lead to a future title Parasite White. It's just a thought though.
I don't think it's very likely, but who knows.

Reactions: HentaiGamerN00b

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
They have different abilities, not just look different.
White can fly, for instance. I think both may come from different hives, but forgotten about it.
And those hives may even been at odds or even war once long ago.. but again, all just a guess.

Also i suspect that the what-was-her-name hero from the adventurer's guild may be parasite infected as well, that hair of hers looked suspicious to me. But i may be overthinking it, too. :giggle::coffee:
However other infected humans who haven't lost their sentience obviously exist, as well.
Demorai are likely former infected humans who had lost their sentience.

I don't think it's very likely, but who knows.
White or rather Marcus has an ability to weaken enemies, while black or rather the MC has a strong attack.
Their Transformated bodies seem to be a display of their former abilities (as in damage focused on MC and Versatile on Marcus).
The Parasites can feel themselves and any other parasite nearby as stated, also based on the MCs dream they are Aliens that fled their homeworld after it was burned down by another race (Star Craft :sneaky: ).
I'd say it's safe to assume there are no other Parasites on this world and the drenai are a monster race.

APoc1

Apr 22, 2018
White or rather Marcus has an ability to weaken enemies, while black or rather the MC has a strong attack.
Their Transformated bodies seem to be a display of their former abilities (as in damage focused on MC and Versatile on Marcus).
The Parasites can feel themselves and any other parasite nearby as stated, also based on the MCs dream they are Aliens that fled their homeworld after it was burned down by another race (Star Craft :sneaky: ).
I'd say it's safe to assume there are no other Parasites on this world and the drenai are a monster race.

I think you are on to something concerning their powers being manifestations of their former abilities with exception to flying obviously Markus could not fly that part must have come from the parasite. This next part is pure speculation but I will spoiler it just in case
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Still very early in the story though but that was the first thing that popped into my head when I read about the struggle they would go through to stay somewhat human , to coexist with the parasite.

EDIT: Minor typo further thought in the spoiler

Last edited:

APoc1

Apr 22, 2018

I suspect Markus will be both the greatest asset and the biggest pain in the ass , there is nothing saying he has to be just one of the scenarios you laid out. I also agree with your last assertion I think that is likely , not sure about the merging though if that came to pass, could be though.

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
I think you are on to something concerning their powers being manifestations of their former abilities with exception to flying obviously Markus could not fly that part must have come from the parasite. This next part is pure speculation but I will spoiler it just in case
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Still very early in the story though but that was the first thing that popped into my head when I read about the struggle they would go through to stay somewhat human , to coexist with the parasite.

EDIT: Minor typo further thought in the spoiler
Considering the number of drenais as a race it's probabllly no longer infected humans... the parasites want to multiply so the Drenai might have been the result of a race with low synergie to the parasites being impregnated.
That would likely also explain how the 2 became sealed in that underground prison (as in the Hosts being sacrifiecied as a last resort to stop the drenai to become more powerful).
They probably came to late and the drenai found a way to mutate and self procreate without the parasites (Zergs again ;) )

APoc1

Apr 22, 2018
Considering the number of drenais as a race it's probabllly no longer infected humans... the parasites want to multiply so the Drenai might have been the result of a race with low synergie to the parasites being impregnated.
That would likely also explain how the 2 became sealed in that underground prison (as in the Hosts being sacrifiecied as a last resort to stop the drenai to become more powerful).
They probably came to late and the drenai found a way to mutate and self procreate without the parasites (Zergs again ;) )

In my probably half baked theory, I was thinking that if the two become one maybe the procreation that the humans have that is more difficult for the parasites makes it easier for the resulting merged being to multiply and when they did the the resulting race the Drenia was far enough removed from the parasites that they are no longer a part of the hive. One of the reasons I think what I think is that the pictures of both the Drenia and the MC form look really similar.

krisisk3

Aug 4, 2017
So i've played through this update now and i am shocked.

yes the sex scenes are nice and well done, the combat simplistic but passable, but the story takes the cake for me.
i am really surprised at the quality of the lore, its delivery and the characters delivering it.
there is honestly not one character i had a problem, granted kiaras death seems counterintuitive to the theme, but i really like that markus actually survived. that alone elevated it in my opinion.

i also like how you guys implemented the parasites into the gameplay/story/combat.
from a gameplay perspective the player has an urgencie to go out and do shit, since he is on a schedule he has to work actively to negate.

from a story perspective they appear to act like a symbiote from that marvel movie and appear fairly likeable, the fact that markus also gets a different one and you interact practically with both gives it a better perspective.
though i would like their personality to differ more from each other. e.g the black one is the more perverted one, while the white one is the more murderous one and both essentialy being stuck with the exact wrong (or right for good ending purposes?) host.

from a combat perspective overall good ideas, but still requires work, for one there should be a noticeable power gap between the guys before the return and after, especially if they enter their monster form.
hammers in the point, that their now buffed (muscle, size and prolly speed is really unfair stuff in combat) up veterans with the ability to become even more ludicrously powerful monsters.

Sorry for the long text fellas

APoc1

Apr 22, 2018
Anyone have latest version?
Nope, but the public release should be coming next week sometime. According to the Patreon page
For 3$ you can get it today!! :D

4.30 star(s) 74 Votes