lostraven

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2017
The latest build has now been made available to the public! (Revamp part 1)

Parasite Black V0.131 HOTFIX VERSION
Hey guys!
It's finally here, thank you all so much for your patience with this update (and our delay), we hope you guys enjoy it! :)
We've cleared out most of the major bugs preventing access to content but there is still some other bugs and issues in the build, please report them and let us know so we can squash them for the fixed build!
A brief bit of news: We will be transitioning over towards monthly updates soon in order for patrons and new players to track our progress as we go, as well as hopefully get back quicker feedback on the game - More on that to come soon.
Thank you to everyone who is supporting us, or is deciding whether or not to support us so far! Only with your support, is any of this possible.

-The Damned Studios Team

(Warning! Our play tester has yet to test any MAC builds! They may not work till the bug fixes are in!)

GDRIVE PC:
GDRIVE MAC:
GDRIVE ANDROID:
MEGA PC:
MEGA MAC:
MEGA ANDROID:

CHANGELOG:
- General refactoring of code
- Quest system
- Local navigation system
- Event system
- Time system, day/night cycle + calendar
- Reactive drag&drop system for future inventory and similar UIs
- General notification system
- Additional work on combat system
- UI for all of the above
- Changes to how data is stored to enable greater save compatibility going forward
- Plenty of new content including:
-Regina first peek scene remastered (animated)
- Ves storyline
-Shani (prostitute) content
-Library added
-Store added (Placeholder for now)
-And more...

Hotfix details:
-Ves is now showing off her lingerie outfit
- Ves bj animation changed, should not glitch out on some devices anymore
- ves cuddling art added to a certain scene in her questline
- ves bj now has an outfit choice pop-up if you've given her the lingerie
- mc parasite battle sprite slightly downscaled
- new erika sprite
- a slightly improved regina sprite
-Regina peek scene animation added

Last edited:

Hordragg

Lesser-Known Mesmer
Donor
Compressor
Apr 2, 2019
Parasite Black [v0.131] [Damned Studios] – Compressed

Win/Linux v0.131 · · · (153.4 MiB :: 695.7 MiB)
Mac v0.131 · · (119.1 MiB :: 660.9 MiB)
This compression is unofficial, reduces asset quality, and may or may not break your game.

Caveat emptor.

Harskialdna

May 25, 2017
Old saves are unlikely to work due to the amount of UI and coding changes as part of the first revamp.
Thanks! I'll restart the game soon then.

not excited by the need for i patch. is this game worth if thats your kink?
Game was not incest-heavy on 0.127. No penetration, only witnessing your mother masturbate as far as I remember.

IDK why some many h games think they need to interject a simple / annoying combat system. often times feels like its content filler.
It helps to turn the novel into a game. It was pretty decent in 0.127

KermitwithaC

May 18, 2021
Everyone arguing about Marcus while no one is asking the real question. Will we get to have zombie sex with our scout wife?

Anyhow from playing through the tutorial a while back I can say this game has a lot of potential and is already leagues better then the majority of games on this site. I can't wait to see how this game fares in the future. But I'll wait for a couple more updates before redownloading it.

Darthjake

Jun 2, 2017
lol, I nearly dropped this release into my Parallel fantasy IF+ folder, as they are right next to each other, since it looks like old saves probably won't work, is it recommended to delete the old Parasite info, or will an overwrite be okay?

I'll be testing it out in a bit with an overwrite, so I'll post if anything wonky happens.

Edit: Looks like it created a whole new folder, so I'll bet it will be fine.

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Checked out the prologue again to see how things are now. Regina peep was nice. The script is much better now. The old version had some grammar issues and some awkward dialogues. Those are all ironed out, it seems.

Untitled.png
We still have the issue with text lines overflowing off screen.

The incest patch is still not catching everything. MC uses Regina instead of mother quite often. [regina_ref] is used a few times in the prologue, but the overwhelming majority of time, it's hardcoded as just Regina. That's pretty sloppy. Looking into it more, the family references are just all over the place. Even without the patch, Regina is "mother" when you peek the first time in the beginning of the game. Without the patch, you get a history about how MC and Erika's real moms died. There are more instances of Regina being called mother after this even without the patch. When you use the patch, the game doesn't display that background history about how Erika and MC's real moms died. It seems like incest really is the intended story here. That makes the sloppy implementation even more annoying. This is something I pointed out before the revamp as well, if I am remembering correctly.

The new combat UI looks cool, but it's actually less user friendly. We get less information. No tooltips on hovering over skills or items. No way to know what they do. Monster status bar keeps flickering on and off as you try to target them.

Still have inconsistency with not telling anyone about the parasite. After you use Adara's tits, the script thinks MC told her about the parasite when I didn't. This is another issue I pointed out before, prior to the revamp.

Last edited:

Darthjake

Jun 2, 2017
Can it be re-enabled under options?
Just asking, I haven't downloaded the latest version.

Cheers
Rollback cannot be enabled in options, just checked, I'd have to re-read the text again, I wasn't paying much attention since it was like my 3rd time playing, but the MC still calls Regina, mother quite a bit if I recall.

Strange though, I downloaded the new incest patch, and had incest and incest2 in my game folder once I copied it into the folder.

Harem Trooper

Oct 4, 2017
For the guys who played the current patch:
-Is it worth to play the current update ?

I see mostly its a rework on the technical part and a character get a new art.
I dont mind that but im more curious if I shall start now from the whole beginning or wait for the next patch with a bit more on the story/quest wise content.
I see that the female orc finally has story but I dont know how short/long it is.
Also would be nice to know what these "-And more..." is.

BubblesTheAllMighty

Sep 22, 2020
Feel like if this is a sandbox with turn based combat then a level up system should be added.
I got stuck on the fort after the seal was broke.

Your character, the friend and the chick terrible at remembering names, while the captain dwarf dude has a health of 240 in the fights you use him everyone else is stuck at 100 health which doesn't increase and doesn't seem to be any noticeable damage improvement either.

I typically if given the option will skip battles because im more for the lewd but if the stories good then that too which so far i have been doing the battles without complaint too until the fort battle trying to reach the captain.

I am able to take down one of the giant things and scout but get wiped out by the other giant dude as i don't have enough health potions for player character and party members, and trying to take the big ones out first isn't working so well but they do more damage then the scout.

Liking the story so far and like the artstyle for the lewds but the combat mechanic's need some adjustments.
Get the impression from some of the comments the combat system is hit and miss on difficulty for each person's playthrough.

4.30 star(s) 74 Votes