Mr_Sel

Mar 16, 2018
clearly the signature. it is utterly horrific and he has no reason or excuse to have it as his banner considering what this site is
Uhm, you do realize that 'this site' has even dedicated horror tag, don't you? :)

JJEX7

Jul 21, 2018
lostraven I tried this game quite recently, and it was absolutely fantastic! Wow! Just wow! You guys have created something amazing, even if its just a prologue. Totally loving this game, and the art. Thank you so much for sharing this game with us on this website. I look forward to seeing how the story develops from here, and I sincerely hope and pray that this game gets a lot of support from the international community here. Keep rocking and keep growing! Cheers!

lostraven

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2017
lostraven I tried this game quite recently, and it was absolutely fantastic! Wow! Just wow! You guys have created something amazing, even if its just a prologue. Totally loving this game, and the art. Thank you so much for sharing this game with us on this website. I look forward to seeing how the story develops from here, and I sincerely hope and pray that this game gets a lot of support from the international community here. Keep rocking and keep growing! Cheers!
Glad you like it so much and hope to see you become a Patron!

We're hopefully releasing the next update this month :coffee:

bloodyprolapse1999

Jul 30, 2019
We're working really hard on the next update, just trying to get the artwork sorted ASAP, (and we plan to work to make the artwork more consistent).

If you have any questions feel free to ask them.
Just finished the latest update. Got me hooked. When can we expect another public release update and what's the roadmap like?

lostraven

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2017
Just finished the latest update. Got me hooked. When can we expect another public release update and what's the roadmap like?
The next release should everything go according to plan is this month, (I'm trying to be careful with confirming release dates)

Then I believe public build officially is 2 to 3 weeks after but I'd need to double check.

thevoid089

Forum Fanatic
Jan 29, 2020
A very good game despite still in early stage, when I saw it got released couple month ago I thought it wouldn't have enough content and only now did I play it and feel regretted for that decision. I really like the art style, story, combat system, soundtrack,... it got me hooked to the game right at the start and even though I'm still playing the prologue but I really like it
I'm very excited and can't wait for the next update after reading your recent patreon post about what content and story will be in it

Reactions: Jim.Satyr

SunlessXre

Oct 9, 2020
I really don't know what to think of this game.
I'll be frank. While I thought the story was pretty good.
I felt that the gameplay was very sparse, hands off, and the combat especially. extremely inconsequential, awkward looking, and poorly implemented. It just felt like a roadblock, or time taker, rather than like what I was doing had any impact on the world, or even happened at all.

I was thinking. Okay. This is just the prologue right. Setting up the world, characters, plot and premise for the real adventure.
Then.... it ended. Right when it seemed like the real game might begin, and the game open up.

I was like, ohhh yes.... my characters future ended, his hopes abandoned, his friends and comrades, buried. His future uncertain, and his kingdom betrayed him. It's his time now, as "the host".
Then, you have a nightmare or something, and *poof*. Start menu.

I really don't understand why this is rated near perfect, as-is, when compared to actual finished or late development products. As it is. This Is not a masterful, excellent or even good game. Not because I don't like it. But because its extremely early in development, and rough around the edges.

I had no idea it was so early in development. I just read the premise, checked some reviews, and jumped in. You can imagine the dissonance I felt when I was abruptly forced into the start menu. Which isn't something I've ever experienced in other early access games. (If it's a bug. feel free to correct me.)

I also don't understand why this doesn't have the VN tag. Considering only 10% || < of the game Is gameplay.

Now. I have nothing against choose your own adventure novels, whatever. But I came here for a "game". Not a visual novel, with very little player input.

Being honest? I'm not the biggest fan of the story itself, it IS good. So far, I'm just not really into the world, Aesthetics, characters, lore etc. I did like the idea of having the MCs life turned inside out, and lose all his ties to his old life, as it's such a great place to start for an Open-ended RPG.

But. as a book with some pictures. I'd prefer be reading my trashy LN's or manga over this.

I will admit. I feel.a bit ripped off. Mostly because I feel like I was misled, and My expectations unmet. I'm not blaming anyone for this. But I.felt so disappointed, I just had to write something.

Anyway. I'll probably keep a lookout on this and see where it goes from here. But I definitely feel soured on the whole thing.

Reactions: Steffane and mrttao

lostraven

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2017
I really don't know what to think of this game.
I'll be frank. While I thought the story was pretty good.
I felt that the gameplay was very sparse, hands off, and the combat especially. extremely inconsequential, awkward looking, and poorly implemented. It just felt like a roadblock, or time taker, rather than like what I was doing had any impact on the world, or even happened at all.

I was thinking. Okay. This is just the prologue right. Setting up the world, characters, plot and premise for the real adventure.
Then.... it ended. Right when it seemed like the real game might begin, and the game open up.

I was like, ohhh yes.... my characters future ended, his hopes abandoned, his friends and comrades, buried. His future uncertain, and his kingdom betrayed him. It's his time now, as "the host".
Then, you have a nightmare or something, and *poof*. Start menu.

I really don't understand why this is rated near perfect, as-is, when compared to actual finished or late development products. As it is. This Is not a masterful, excellent or even good game. Not because I don't like it. But because its extremely early in development, and rough around the edges.

I had no idea it was so early in development. I just read the premise, checked some reviews, and jumped in. You can imagine the dissonance I felt when I was abruptly forced into the start menu. Which isn't something I've ever experienced in other early access games. (If it's a bug. feel free to correct me.)

I also don't understand why this doesn't have the VN tag. Considering only 10% || < of the game Is gameplay.

Now. I have nothing against choose your own adventure novels, whatever. But I came here for a "game". Not a visual novel, with very little player input.

Being honest? I'm not the biggest fan of the story itself, it IS good. So far, I'm just not really into the world, Aesthetics, characters, lore etc. I did like the idea of having the MCs life turned inside out, and lose all his ties to his old life, as it's such a great place to start for an Open-ended RPG.

But. as a book with some pictures. I'd prefer be reading my trashy LN's or manga over this.

I will admit. I feel.a bit ripped off. Mostly because I feel like I was misled, and My expectations unmet. I'm not blaming anyone for this. But I.felt so disappointed, I just had to write something.

Anyway. I'll probably keep a lookout on this and see where it goes from here. But I definitely feel soured on the whole thing.
Sorry you had a sour experience with it.

I'd recommend returning more for the third to fourth update, we aim to have the core elements/mechanics hopefully fully achieved/ polished and integrated by then.

-Combat will be overhauled, we know it sucks atm.

-Some of the large open world RPG elements are being bought into the next update, but if you want a fully polished experience, I'd suggest waiting a little longer as the game is very much a WIP.

As for feeling ripped off, the game is at the end of the day a VO.1 no matter how much hype it has, and I think it's best to keep that in perspective, I like to think people are pleased to see a V0.1 with so much effort put in, in comparison to what's usually shovelled out, but yes, things are bare-bones now and we know there's a long road ahead, so, just keep an eye on it and see if you like where it goes a few updates from now :p

Last edited:

SunlessXre

Oct 9, 2020
All good. As I said, none of you guys are to blame. I didn't even see the v 0.1 when I looked and downloaded it
(was browsing for games at like 2 am through a sorrowful stupor in an attempt at lifting my mood. Although, only got around to trying it today.).

Instead, I saw the high scores, read the premise, and glanced at the reviews, and made a bad assumption that the game must be far in development.

As I said though, I will follow it, and wait and see if it's my kind of game. I know prologues are usually very limited and focused in story games and rpgs,(even in the Elder scrolls lol.) Lot of stuff being set up. And you need to introduce players into the world & mechanics, etc.

I'm also not expecting you to bend the game just for my enjoyment. There's always going to be games people like and don't, and that doesn't in any way take from its quality.

But couple things i will say is I definitely do feel that the combat, as you have said, needs some re-working, and Is A flaw.
Others have mentioned the inconsistent art, which is definitely another.
And one I will add. I find the darkened background scenes with the text over it takes me out of the experience. Although that could be just my dislike of the style rather than a real issue(don't play many VNs. So I don't know what's considered good, or popular).

On the combat.
My biggest problems with it so far are its visually awkward, and the UI's a bit clunky.
But what I mainly feel, is the way it's implemented in the actual game so far doesn't feel very impactful or consequential.
Especially considering what happens in the fights doesn't carry over in any way outside or between battles(making it feel like a little mini game, instead of a game mechanic).
Although I'm guessing that's mainly because the combats there as a demo for testing and perfecting.

Thank you for the reply.

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
You can imagine the dissonance I felt when I was abruptly forced into the start menu. Which isn't something I've ever experienced in other early access games. (If it's a bug. feel free to correct me.)
I have seen it in several other games before... and it is always damn annoying in each and every one of them.

Sildani

May 15, 2018
Hi! Playing on Android 12 with gestures, and I can’t figure out how to save - the phone will go to “recent apps” when I swipe up, swiping down does nothing, and I backtrack swiping left or right. Please advise, great game so far!

lostraven

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2017
Hi! Playing on Android 12 with gestures, and I can’t figure out how to save - the phone will go to “recent apps” when I swipe up, swiping down does nothing, and I backtrack swiping left or right. Please advise, great game so far!
I'll look into it.

4.30 star(s) 73 Votes