Parental Love: character assets

bluehill84

Jul 16, 2017
It's subjective but my order would be - Emily, Elly, Ada, Jenna, then Sofi

While wishing young Sienna and older Ada were given more screen time.

Reactions: OhWee

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
Here is my contribution to Genesis 8 conversions, it includes:
  1. Adult Ada
  2. Elly
  3. Emily
  4. Jenna
  5. Sienna
  6. Sofi
  7. Young Ada
  8. Young Jenna
You still need the original Genesis 3 textures. Dialing any of these to 100% on a Genesis 8 or 8.1 Female base will get you to the standard Luxee version of the character shapes. Just add genitalia and hair assets. No need to hunt down and install a lot of obscure morph packages or try to duplicate morphs that aren't even available for Genesis 8 characters. All morphs include card images and are in the Actor/Full Body/Fan Art category.

Morph package deleted as they were outdated and inconsistent.

Last edited:

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
Since OhWee and AlexStone are so much better at DAZ than I am, I am waiting for them to do some fantastic fan art, with these G8 morphs and maybe the new PBR skin shader.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
I'll leave Genesis 8 to the professionals. I do work with a few Genesis 8 models, but prefer Genesis 3 for wardrobe compatibility issues (I port a fair amount of items from pre-Genesis 3 in my artwork). The pose change between G3 and G8 really messes with shoes...

As for 8.1, I've been avoiding it like the plague. My budget can only go so far, and pre-Genesis 8 stuff is often cheaper to begin with...

Toranion

Aug 31, 2018
Could someone identify these morphs please

data/daz 3d/genesis 3/female/morphs/tmdesign/quickface/quickface_brows_angle.dsf
data/daz 3d/genesis 3/female/morphs/tmdesign/quickface/quickface_brows_updown.dsf
data/daz 3d/genesis 3/female/morphs/tmdesign/quickface/quickface_cheekbones.dsf
data/daz 3d/genesis 3/female/morphs/tmdesign/quickface/quickface_eyes_updown.dsf
data/daz 3d/genesis 3/female/morphs/tmdesign/quickface/quickface_lips_shape.dsf
data/daz 3d/genesis 3/female/morphs/tmdesign/quickface/quickface_mouth_updown.dsf
data/daz 3d/genesis 3/female/morphs/tmdesign/quickface/quickface_nose_height.dsf
data/daz 3d/genesis 3/female/morphs/tmdesign/quickface/quickface_nose_width.dsf

Reactions: Horrigan27

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Could someone identify these morphs please

data/daz 3d/genesis 3/female/morphs/tmdesign/quickface/quickface_brows_angle.dsf
data/daz 3d/genesis 3/female/morphs/tmdesign/quickface/quickface_brows_updown.dsf
data/daz 3d/genesis 3/female/morphs/tmdesign/quickface/quickface_cheekbones.dsf
data/daz 3d/genesis 3/female/morphs/tmdesign/quickface/quickface_eyes_updown.dsf
data/daz 3d/genesis 3/female/morphs/tmdesign/quickface/quickface_lips_shape.dsf
data/daz 3d/genesis 3/female/morphs/tmdesign/quickface/quickface_mouth_updown.dsf
data/daz 3d/genesis 3/female/morphs/tmdesign/quickface/quickface_nose_height.dsf
data/daz 3d/genesis 3/female/morphs/tmdesign/quickface/quickface_nose_width.dsf
These maybe?

They are freebies no less!

SomeGuyWithNoImagination

❤️ Keep comfy. ❤️
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
  1. Adult Ada
  2. Elly
  3. Emily
  4. Jenna
  5. Sienna
  6. Sofi
  7. Young Ada
  8. Young Jenna
You still need the original Genesis 3 textures. Dialing any of these to 100% on a Genesis 8 or 8.1 Female base will get you to the standard Luxee version of the character shapes. Just add genitalia and hair assets. No need to hunt down and install a lot of obscure morph packages or try to duplicate morphs that aren't even available for Genesis 8 characters. All morphs include card images and are in the Actor/Full Body/Fan Art category.
I noticed that when using those morphs, the eye look sliders are backwards which causes the eyelids to move in the wrong direction.

I found this can be fixed by removing the eye orientation from the morph.

Reactions: m4dsk1llz

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
SomeGuyWithNoImagination so I finally had time to look into this and it is a feature/bug in the way DAZ has the bones aligned in it's characters. I say feature or bug because people call it both, but apparently the bones of the eyes are aligned 180° off in the default character and when you convert the character to G8 it realigns the eyes and/or eyelids back to 0°. Problem is that it isn't every character and it messes up posing of the eyes. Apparently it also occurs with G2 to G3 character conversions.

lbait

Aug 27, 2020
  1. Adult Ada
  2. Elly
  3. Emily
  4. Jenna
  5. Sienna
  6. Sofi
  7. Young Ada
  8. Young Jenna
I'm sorry but how can I use it? I double click the genesis 8 figure. Double click the morph but the options don't appear on Actor > full body.

I'm a complete noob.

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
I'm sorry but how can I use it? I double click the genesis 8 figure. Double click the morph but the options don't appear on Actor > full body.

I'm a complete noob.
They are under "Actor/Full Body/Fan Art"

You need to either manually install them or use DIM. There are plenty of instructions on the web on how to manually install content intop DAZ.

lbait

Aug 27, 2020
They are under "Actor/Full Body/Fan Art"

You need to either manually install them or use DIM. There are plenty of instructions on the web on how to manually install content intop DAZ.
I chose a genesis 8 model and double click into the asset. A dialog window opens and imidiately closes but nothing changes. I still can't see the slider on the full body section.

Using DAZ 4.20

Captura de Tela (38).png

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
m4dsk1llz

I'm guessing here, but you may have mis-located where you dragged the PL folders to.

To explain, 'Content' = 'My Library' or 'My Daz 3D Library' in this context. Not sure where you usually install your Daz Content to, but if you have a 'My Library' or 'My Daz 3D Library' folder that you regularly use, you should NOT have a 'Content' folder inside of it, at least in this context. The goal here is to merge the 'Data' folder with the 'Data' folder inside of say 'My Library', instead of 'nested' one step deeper inside of a 'Content' folder inside of 'My Library'.

Hopefully that makes sense. Again, I'm guessing here, but that might explain why Daz Studio isn't automatically adding the morphs to your G8F for you to use (or not use) as you wish.

I usually just load the characters by themselves as new characters though, instead of trying to morph a 'base' G8F. That way the skin textures and such should load with the character as intended, instead of you having to assign them manually.

I.E. Menu > File > Load > Ada (or whichever character) as a Scene, or 'Merge into Scene' using File > Merge

The trick here when doing this is to NOT ignore the 'missing files' popup when it comes up, and to manually point Daz at wherever you have the relevant character textures and such, tracking them down as needed beforehand. I.E. note which files you don't have, then install them and try loading the scene again, or maybe installing them before 'continuing' inside of Daz Studio and then pointing at the 'just installed' textures and such.

Last edited:

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
Uh OhWee I am not sure why this is directed to me, I am not the one having issues with my own morphs.

Maybe I misunderstood lbait's issue, I thought he was looking for the morphs in his 'Parameters' tab not in the file system. If they are not installed correctly then your advice should have been directed to him/her.

Reactions: OhWee

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
My bad, I just scrolled up to see the name I was trying to respond to and went one post too high...

lbait see my previous post.