Parental Love: character assets

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
OhWee
Oops, now I see what you are talking about, I never looked at the left part of lbait's screen. I see how he put the downloaded stuff inside of the DAZ library instead of merging it into the same library. Sometimes it is just easier to use DIM, that is why I created the zip file to mimic a DIM install zip.

Reactions: OhWee

Hellster

Engaged Member
May 18, 2019
As csbond2 already got this well underway, here are some other missing packages:
  • (npmv7_nipplebasesize.dsf)
  • (mr 3 body 03.dsf)
  • (fw_freckles_facebeautyspots.png)
And I guess you already found this custom morph pack?

You'll need to manually create the path

...\Data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 3\Female\Morphs\Poison3\genital3

and copy in

Lb_Close.dsf
Lb_Small.dsf

Let us know if there's still more that needs to be identified.
Anyone happen to have this please ? The source is dead, and after a lot of googling can't find it anywhere

Thanks.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Anyone happen to have this please ? The source is dead, and after a lot of googling can't find it anywhere

Thanks.
Did you check the usual suspects?

There should be a thread at the top of the Asset Releases section of this forum with links to other places on the net..

Hellster

Engaged Member
May 18, 2019
Did you check the usual suspects?

There should be a thread at the top of the Asset Releases section of this forum with links to other places on the net..
[murmel] 20 Morphs for Genesis 3 Female Head <<< I have the petite one, it's this custom morph pack I can't find
The link on DeviantArt is 404 not found

Reactions: OhWee

Falcon6

Mar 15, 2018
Here is my contribution to Genesis 8 conversions, it includes:
  1. Adult Ada
  2. Elly
  3. Emily
  4. Jenna
  5. Sienna
  6. Sofi
  7. Young Ada
  8. Young Jenna
You still need the original Genesis 3 textures. Dialing any of these to 100% on a Genesis 8 or 8.1 Female base will get you to the standard Luxee version of the character shapes. Just add genitalia and hair assets. No need to hunt down and install a lot of obscure morph packages or try to duplicate morphs that aren't even available for Genesis 8 characters. All morphs include card images and are in the Actor/Full Body/Fan Art category.
Been away for a while and recently downloaded the above G3 to G8 DUFs. I'm having an "Elder Moment" with the Young Ada one (all the others work fine). When I load a default G8F or G8.1F model and apply the Young Ada morph dial, it reduces her size and applies the Ada morphs BUT it takes her arms from the G8 model "A Frame" pose to a G3 model "T Frame" pose. Then all other "canned" poses for any G8F model put the arms in outlandish positions with the applied poses. See the attached screencaps for examples. Note I get NO "missing" files warnings, etc, so I have no clue what is happening or why. Plus, I tried installing the Data folder files BOTH ways into DAZ Studio (the included DIM file way, and hand-copying the extracted ZIP data file folder directly into my Library).

Any insight appreciated. I love the G8\G8.1 versions of all the other DUFs, but can't figure out what is happening with the Young Ada one.

Default G8F loaded with no morphs applied.
G8F Default Load_2.jpg

PL Elly slider to 100.0% and model arms stay in "A Frame" pose. All other model morphs arms EXCEPT Young Ada stay in "A Frame" pose too.
PL Elly Morph 100_2.jpg

Young Ada slider to 100.0%. The morphs apply fine but the model's arms go into the G3 "T Frame" position. Applying any "canned" one-click G8 pose creates totally disfigured arm positions for the model pose. And any (most all?) attempts to manually reposition the arms can't be done due to range of motion limits on other arm positioning pose sliders.
PL Young Ada 100_2.jpg

I'm stumped. Can't figure out why the G8F\G8.1F Young Ada morph slider takes her arms from an "A Frame" pose to a "T Frame" pose when none of the other PL sliders do. Any help appreciated.

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
I haven't posted any new morphs, but I am working on reconverting them. All those you list and are here in this thread are essentially outdated. I will post them as I complete each character.

Been away for a while and recently downloaded the above G3 to G8 DUFs. I'm having an "Elder Moment" with the Young Ada one (all the others work fine). When I load a default G8F or G8.1F model and apply the Young Ada morph dial, it reduces her size and applies the Ada morphs BUT it takes her arms from the G8 model "A Frame" pose to a G3 model "T Frame" pose. Then all other "canned" poses for any G8F model put the arms in outlandish positions with the applied poses. See the attached screencaps for examples. Note I get NO "missing" files warnings, etc, so I have no clue what is happening or why. Plus, I tried installing the Data folder files BOTH ways into DAZ Studio (the included DIM file way, and hand-copying the extracted ZIP data file folder directly into my Library).

Any insight appreciated. I love the G8\G8.1 versions of all the other DUFs, but can't figure out what is happening with the Young Ada one.

Default G8F loaded with no morphs applied.
View attachment 2795723

PL Elly slider to 100.0% and model arms stay in "A Frame" pose. All other model morphs arms EXCEPT Young Ada stay in "A Frame" pose too.
View attachment 2795724

Young Ada slider to 100.0%. The morphs apply fine but the model's arms go into the G3 "T Frame" position. Applying any "canned" one-click G8 pose creates totally disfigured arm positions for the model pose. And any (most all?) attempts to manually reposition the arms can't be done due to range of motion limits on other arm positioning pose sliders.
View attachment 2795725

I'm stumped. Can't figure out why the G8F\G8.1F Young Ada morph slider takes her arms from an "A Frame" pose to a "T Frame" pose when none of the other PL sliders do. Any help appreciated.

Reactions: Falcon6

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
Newly recreated morphs for the female characters. If you installed my previous set of morphs, now removed from this thread, I would suggest you delete them. They would have been installed in /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/M4dSk1llz/Fan Art/Parental Love. This new set does not overwrite the older set of morphs as they have all been restructured. The morphs are now separate Head and Body morphs with a Control morph that adjusts them simultaneously. As with any DAZ character you can dial the body and head to any values you want. The full character that Luxee provided is achieved at 100%. I did not include the Inteviewer, Message Girl, Young Jenna or Young Sienna.

The zip is DIM or DAZ Central compatible, contains no smart content and can also be installed manually in your usual fashion. No actual character .dufs are included. These morphs also have all navels and nipples zeroed out as well as any fingernail morphs if they were originally included. The naming format is CTRL_Character_PL.dsf, FHM_Character_PL, and FBM_Character_PL, where Character is the name of the character in the VN and not the name of the DAZ character that it is based on. Additionally there is a Jenna_Nipples_PL.dsf just because I wanted to give her a different nipple than the standard DAZ nipples, it's use is completely optional.

Falcon6

Mar 15, 2018
Newly recreated morphs for the female characters.
Downloaded the file. Uninstalled previous DUF's\Morphs from the earlier morphs download (note they were in a "...Fan Art\PL" folder, not one named "...Fan Art\Parental Love"). Tried both a DIM install and a Manual Copy/Paste of the new Data Folder (uninstalled the DIM install before trying the Manual Copy\Paste). Can't find the morphs in Daz Studio after either install. Also, it appears some of the PNG's for the characters may be missing in the downloaded "Parental Love" folder. So, I'm assuming...

1. They are somewhere but I'm looking in the wrong place? Or...

2. Is it possible the file download is "corrupt" somehow?

I hate my Elder Moments. Need advice. Thanks! :cry::)

EDIT: Found "some" of the Morphs in the "Shaping\Actor\People\Fan Art\Parental Love" tab. But some of the names for them are truncated and you can't read which character the morph is for. Also, I only see separate Head and Body slider adjustments...nothing that would "Control" both at once (I tried holding my Control Key in case that's what was meant, but then I can't slide any of the sliders).

Last edited:

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
Downloaded the file. Uninstalled previous DUF's\Morphs from the earlier morphs download (note they were in a "...Fan Art\PL" folder, not one named "...Fan Art\Parental Love"). Tried both a DIM install and a Manual Copy/Paste of the new Data Folder (uninstalled the DIM install before trying the Manual Copy\Paste). Can't find the morphs in Daz Studio after either install. Also, it appears some of the PNG's for the characters may be missing in the downloaded "Parental Love" folder. So, I'm assuming...

1. They are somewhere but I'm looking in the wrong place? Or...

2. Is it possible the file download is "corrupt" somehow?

I hate my Elder Moments. Need advice. Thanks! :cry::)

EDIT: Found "some" of the Morphs in the "Shaping\Actor\People\Fan Art\Parental Love" tab. But some of the names for them are truncated and you can't read which character the morph is for. Also, I only see separate Head and Body slider adjustments...nothing that would "Control" both at once (I tried holding my Control Key in case that's what was meant, but then I can't slide any of the sliders).
I just checked the .zip file and it is correct, not the one on my drive, the actual one here. I downloaded it and all the files should be in /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/M4dSk1llz/Fan Art/Parental Love. The category for all the morphs should be Actor/People/Fan Art/Parental Love except for the custom Jenna Nipples which is Chest/People/Real World. The labels for the morphs all are Character (Parental Love), Character Head (Parental Love), Character Body (Parental Love). Some of the sliders have no icon images because I am a lazy ass SOB and did not create any.

Falcon6

Mar 15, 2018
I just checked the .zip file and it is correct, not the one on my drive, the actual one here. I downloaded it and all the files should be in /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/M4dSk1llz/Fan Art/Parental Love. The category for all the morphs should be Actor/People/Fan Art/Parental Love except for the custom Jenna Nipples which is Chest/People/Real World. The labels for the morphs all are Character (Parental Love), Character Head (Parental Love), Character Body (Parental Love). Some of the sliders have no icon images because I am a lazy ass SOB and did not create any.
OK, I just deleted all the files installed from my previous download of the ZIP file here, and redownloaded and installed it again. Maybe I'm misunderstanding what it should be after installing it, but here's what I still get yet.

This is the content of the ZIP file when extracted. It shows 7 Character (Parental Love) files (I highlighted those in the picture), and 7 Character Head and 7 Character Body files too. As I mentioned in my previous post, there are only 4 PNGs, but that's not really an issue for me (hell, at my age I'm a lazy SOB a lot too! :LOL: ) The folder structure matches what you say it should in your reply post above.

ScreenHunter 54b.jpg

But when installed into my DAZ Studio (regardless of if I use the DIM or the manual Copy\Paste method), here's what I get in DAZ Studio (Double-Click the picture for a larger easier to read one):

ScreenHunter 55a.jpg

The entire Parental Love folder only contains Head and Body morphs for 6 of the 7 characters (the "Young" Ada game character size Ada isn't there). Note also there are no "full character" morphs showing that would apply BOTH the head and body at the same time. Note also that SOME (not all) of the morph icon "titles" are unreadable (too long?), like the first ones which I applied and are obviously the "Adult Ada" Head and Body morphs based on the resulting character in the main viewing area to the left. The morph "title" above the morph icon(s) don't show the FRONT part of the morph name where the character it identifies actually is (but all the morph titles have "(Parental Love)" at the end of them, which isn't really needed, as all the morphs are already in a folder named "Parental Love" to begin with).

So, it appears that (at least when I install the downloaded files):

1. It isn't installing all the files contained in the download (where are the "full character" morphs that would apply both the Head and Body morphs at the same time?)

2. Where are the "game size Ada" morphs? The "young game Ada" (not just the "Adult Ada")

3. Why are some of the morph titles "too long" so they don't show the Character Name of the morph? (like the very first "Adult Ada" one that I applied to Genesis 8.1F in the picture above).

All of the above happen regardless of whether I try using a G8F or G8.1F default model load.

I'm not complaining. I'm just really confused because what your explanation seems to say should be happening with the install doesn't seem to be happening when I install it. What am I not understanding here?

Thanks for any insight.

(Edited for clarification)

Last edited:

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
  1. You are in the Shaping tab not Parameters tab so only the actual shape morphs are there. I don't ever recall adding the "modifier/shape" parameter to the "type:" but I might have in the past. I am creating the control morph in a new way so I will need to modify the process. I corrected the morphs to add the "type:". They should all appear in Shaping now. Honestly I never use that tab so I never knew it was broken.
  2. See answer 1.
  3. That is a DAZ thing that I cannot fix. In the Paramters tab the labels are left justified and the entire width, in Shaping the labels are in a small box (DAZ calls them 'Cards') and they are right justified. The only way to "FIX" that is to use short labels, which I am not going to do.

Redownload and reinstall, it will overwrite the files as none of the names changed and everything should work as expected now.

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
Falcon6, if you want to create your own 'Card' images for the three missing pictures, this is the 'Card' size:
1690454793189.png
Generally, DAZ expects the image to be 147 x 185 but then only wants you to fill the first 102 pixels of width. This page on the DAZ site has some information on the 'Card' images,

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
I went ahead and created icons for Ada and Adult Ada, never rendered the Manager so no icon for her. The attachment above has all the icons and corrected morphs.

• Love

Falcon6

Mar 15, 2018
I went ahead and created icons for Ada and Adult Ada, never rendered the Manager so no icon for her. The attachment above has all the icons and corrected morphs.
LMAO! Everything is fine now.

I was having a quasi-brain-fart between my first download of the file, then your first updated one after my first post. I was expecting your first update (from your Post #110) to put the files in the same location as the first download that WAS in the Parameters Tab under "Actor\Full Body\Fan Art" (see my screencaps from Post #108). After I installed your first update (from your Post #110) I was expecting (and looking for) the same tree structure in the Parameters Tab, but it wasn't there. It never occurred to me to look in the "People" instead of "Full Body", so I thought nothing got installed under the Parameters Tab anymore. That's when I made my Post #111 saying, "There's nothing there...". Then after I posted it, I thought, "Hey, there are sometimes morphs in the Shaping Tab..." so that's why I looked there and stumbled across some of them under the "People" location. So I "Edited" the bottom of my Post #111 to say I found "some" of them, but some things seemed to be missing yet. You responded in Post #112 saying they all should be in the "Actor/People/Fan Art/Parental Love except for the custom Jenna Nipples which is Chest/People/Real World". But I didn't realize you meant in the Parameters Tab...I was still looking at what was in the Shaping Tab. That's when I made my Post #113 with the screencaps and you realized I was in the Shaping Tab, and you explained why I wasn't seeing everything there.

I just re-downloaded an installed your latest file and everything shows up fine in the Parameters Tab location. As an aside, I usually use the Parameters Tab for model morph locations too, but when I couldn't find them there and went "hunting" and found some of them in the Shaping Tab instead, I "fixated" on the Shaping Tab as to where I thought any updated files you provided would be. My Bad. A comedy of misunderstanding. My apologies. Another "Duh!" Elder Moment on my part.

BTW...love all the new G8 morphs now that I found them (especially the game size Ada). Thanks! :)(y)

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
Note these are basically Luxee's models 'as is.' I did nothing to them except convert them to a single slider instead of all the morphs he used to create them. I even left them their original size, even though I think too many DAZ female models are near 6' tall (not anything like the real world). At least DAZ got that part of Genesis 9 right!

Falcon6

Mar 15, 2018
Note these are basically Luxee's models 'as is.' I did nothing to them except convert them to a single slider instead of all the morphs he used to create them. I even left them their original size, even though I think too many DAZ female models are near 6' tall (not anything like the real world). At least DAZ got that part of Genesis 9 right!
Yup. And "original size" gets confusing too depending on how the developer created the model with the "morphing method" used. For instance, Lexee's Ada (Young) DUF file loads at Scale 78.3% and Measure Metrics of 4ft 11in Tall and 27-21-30 (inches) body proportions. Your Ada (Young) after using the morph sliders loads her at 100.0% (even though she got "less tall" using the morphs) and 4ft 11in 27-20-30. The 4ft 11in Heights match, and the body proportion measurements are close enough to not be a big difference (they would get rounded up or down in the real world anyhow). But the difference in the model's Scale Percentages can get confusing when both models are side by side in a render with the same Heights but massively different Scale Percentages. It's nobody's fault that happens, because DAZ Studio itself isn't consistent in how they allow it to be done. Obviously, if somebody uses the "Growing Up" product to reduce a default 100.0% default Daz model, reducing the model to an Older Teen, Young Teen, 9-10 Year Old, (etc), after the morphs are applied the Scale Percentage also gets reduced for the model. That doesn't happen a lot of times with other types of morphs applied to the model. I've lost count of how many times I've had a 100.0% Adult at 5ft 11in tall (the default G8F size) model in a scene next to 4ft 11in "Young Teen" that was ALSO being shown as 100.0% Scale. That's OK, 'cos I understand THAT developer created a 4 ft 11in "young" (non-Adult) model who (in the developer's mind) WAS a 100.0% "teen" or such. It's all a matter of perspective, but the lack of consistency across the board in Daz Studio gets confusing as hell sometimes. (I'm NOT complaining or implying any way is right or wrong...it's just confusing as hell using Daz Studio at times because of a lack of consistency in the assets used with it).

In any case, here's a quick render of your new Young Ada G8F using the slider morphs. I copied Luxee's G3 Ada textures to the G8 model and that worked fine. Only other thing I changed was her nail polish (fingers and toes). Oh...and I gave her a new job at the local Chicken Wing Place in my local casino. SOMEBODY had to do it, so......:LOL:

Rendered at 4096 x 6627 for my large screen TV. Reduced to 2350 x 3800 to allow forum upload. Double-click to open full size and scroll. Looking forward to playing around with the rest of your G8 conversions. Thanks for them! (y)

Ada G8 Young (PL) Duo RESIZE - 01.png