VN - Ren'Py - Completed - Parental Love [v1.1] [Luxee]

1. 5.00 star(s)

Darkfyre

An excellent game if you are into lolis, incest, and pregnancy. Which I am! Ovearll, these are the aspects that make the game really good in my opinion. There is one nice urination scene, so if you are into that it's also good. Avoidable and short trans stuff.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

MrJay

For this review I've only played the Harem path.

There's just not enough good things I can say about this game. It's genuinely like it was made for me. The only things it lack, like no sounds or music, are completely overshadowed by how engaging the rest of the content is. Are the models perfect? No, they're objectively a bit dated and yet theses are the cutest girls I have probably ever seen. Great posing, fantastic emulation of mannerisms and good writing all make a small concern like slightly dated models into a complete non-issue.

If you like the tags on this game I simply cannot recommend it enough. Play it now!
  3. 4.00 star(s)

WorkPlease

Initially I wasn't into this game because the dialogue was strange and some of the scenes were redacted, in addition to the dated renders, but then I downloaded the incest patch and everything clicked from that point on.

The kinkiness of this game and that the choices you make actually matter is the best part of this game, with multiple endings and alternative scenes that feel complete and fleshed out.

Bonus points for the references in the game.

The things that hold this game back is that if you want to end up with certain girls, the game railroads you to make certain choices early on that don't seem intuitive, resulting in me having to consult the walkthrough, and that in the harem route, the game just throws you an overwhelming amount of hot scenes near the end.

Overall, still a great game that was mostly satisfying to play.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

Othorion

Preface: This review is based on the fully patched (incest+loli) game version 1.1, so I won't be referring to "roommates" or anything like that.

Very likely my favorite VN so far. There are some tiny details I would've done differently than Mr. Shaw and where I'd wished I'd have been given the choice, but the characters are just so fucking lovely.

In other VNs, I usually end up having one or two favorites fairly early on (I wanted to give some examples, but then saw it would violate the Reviewing Rules), but here I find it really hard to choose a favorite (or even three).

The interactions aren't just about the sex, and I can easily believe that Jenna is the MC's sister. You can feel their history in their interactions, and there's the faux-hostility and bullying you'd expect in such a relationship. Elly's affection seems so very genuine and each moment feels earned, even despite the short time frame. The portrayal of certain serious topics involving Sofi is so well done, that I found myself wondering if the creator has a personal history with them.

Pretty much all of the characters here make you fall in love with them more so than with their bodies or the taboo kinks. Heck, even the VERY taboo scene that requires you to confirm it twice was handled very nicely and somewhat respectfully, given the circumstances.

Overall, I can just say that the writing is pretty stellar. The MC makes some puns in inappropriate moments that make the scenes feel more real, and I actually like that there's laughter even during the sexual interactions, some of the phrases used are somewhat elaborate, the vocabulary is extensive and the grammar, while certainly not perfect by a long shot, is inoffensive and decent as well.

What the game most surprised me with, though, is the huge amount of branching paths, some of which differing from the others quite severely. I was not ready for the game to not instantly end after I intentionally fucked up in the second-ever choice the game gave me and, instead, give me a whole side-plot, including some crucial backstory, culminating in a unique ending.

Also, speaking of that route reminds me of another great aspect about the writing, namely how not everything has to be spelled out in detail. I met a unique character in said unique ending and there are many references to her in the other paths, but piecing together the whole of it takes a lot of subtle remarks and the reader's attention. Sienna is a standout character, quite literally, as she almost exclusively exists outside of the story. And I love her regardless. And that's a testament to the writing talent at work here.

The game also manages to satisfy a shitload of different kinks and even handles content that probably isn't exactly the creator's cup of tea (well, maybe it is, but some of it is just a one-off thing, so I assume not) with a ton of respect. Given that the tags are already giving you a decent idea of what to expect, I suppose it's not a spoiler to mention that there's a trap in the game (completely optional), and her scene, if you choose to let it play out, doesn't treat it as a big deal and has the MC be very respectful and open about it.

The renders are also pretty nice, even though the animations are a bit painful to watch at times. I'm not sure if I would've preferred stills only, and some of the animations are actually nice, but the majority of them seemed a bit rough.

There aren't any music, sounds or voices in the game. Not too unusual but worth pointing out, regardless.

Lastly, the game is even something for achievement hunters, as it offers a whopping 14 (+1 for getting all the others) of them, some of them quite sneaky.

Overall, I just had an excellent time with this VN and reaching the last ending (1 of 5, as that is the objectively best one) has left me with that bittersweet feeling that only well-written stories can ever give you. I'm happy I got to experience it, sad that it's over and ruined for any other stories for a short while... bravo!
  5. 3.00 star(s)

Xazz

Finally played v1.1, after of 5 years in the making :BootyTime: .
    This game started good but it got stale and the constant change in the render settings every update maded it kinda meh for me.
    Lets start with the pros.
    Ok story. It has multiple paths so thats a plus for replayability. But the story overall is just boring. The typical harem or gotta fuck them all game.​
    Models look very good and the scenes are also good.​
    Nice harem path.​
    Now the cons.
    This game took 5 years to make and it looks dated af.​
    Animations are bad. Or lack of animations.​
    The constant change in the render settings. You can literally see when the new update was added because of the overall change in the lighting and the skin color. Good looking models are looking so bad in some updates. And the MC transforms into a yellow stick in one of the updates... Why not keep consistency on the renders settings?​
    No BGM.​
    TL;DR An average gotta fuck them all game that isnt very interesting. I was excited when it was first released but seeing the final result is awful.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

Dokusatsu

Scratches that forbidden itch. Models are great, writing is good if a little predictable at times. I think it is easy for these kinds of VN's to become run of the mill, kind of smeared in similar colors and experiences. I'm sure this is common with a lot of people who sample these kinds of VN's.

This one does not have that problem and manages to stand out among the rest which I admire. Would love to see more like this.
  7. 4.00 star(s)

NeoEros

In many ways the kinks -- whether incest or loli -- in Parental Love are intentional: of all routes the only wholesome route (i.e. become the faithful husband who doesn't put his dick into either his daughters or his sister) is the dullest route. So the game WANTS you to be the miserable incest lover in order to enjoy.
    For the most parts I don't mind. After all, the incest theme is increasingly common in present AVNs so as long as the characters are beautiful and believable, the story is not bad, and the narration is not awful, I'm fine with that. And Parental Love actually fulfills these standard and I have good time enjoying it for the most time.
    The only "meh" thing for me though is the inclusion of loli elements. The younger daughter is only 12 years old and the harem route suggests you to knock her up and make her fall victim to your cock, and her "childish" dress further increases the extent of loli taboo by the book, which is quite a disturbing experience. Yet somehow there's a scene in the game where you can choose how to tackle with the teeanger asshole who wants to knock your younger daughter up without consequence, and one of the choices simply requires that you have sex with the douchebag's 10-year-old sister who knows nothing about sex. I never choose this option but I have mods installed, so unfortunately I've got the chance to see this scenario in the unlocked gallery, which traumatizes me for a few days. The fact that the developer even adds this option makes me question his sanity.
    Overall, it is still a decent incest story, but brace yourself for some unknown scenarios.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

HeathenFilth

Holy s---! What a ride.

TL;DR: Yes, Parental Love is a typical harem and incest visual novel story. But it is a very good harem and incest visual novel story. There is a vanilla story when you just get back with your ex-wife as well, which I also loved. All credit to the writing of the wife and mother Emily; she really carried it home for me.

The Good: The characters were all very well written, and I like their aesthetic. Not a one character felt bland or pointless. There was also a good mix of lovey and lusty dialogue, and I need love with my lust! There is also an incest patch which is a huge plus!

The Average: Sex scenes are great, but they would have been much better if they were animated instead of flicking between still images stop-motion style. Not a one of the sex scenes are unsatisfying though.

The Bad: Some of the plot points are… odd. I don’t really know why they were included. More than once there is a bad man trying to get in between you and your love interests and you have to punch them.

Thorough Review:

Story: Good

Our main character is a disgraced father trying to get his life back together and his ex-wife has given him a chance to come back and make amends. So far, so good. I like storylines about men trying to do right by their families. Our main character is a relentless horn-dog though and almost immediately struggles with his horny impulses and his attractive ex-wife and their daughters (+ others). The story was good enough that I only really skipped past one larger story event in the story.

Characters: Great!

All the characters felt realised and not once did I feel like anyone was just there to tick a kink-box. There isn’t a whole lot of character development apart from women realising they want to have sex with the MC. The notable exception to this is the wife and mother Emily as well as the youngest daughter’s friend Sofie. These two characters are my favourite but, unfortunately, they don’t get as much presence as the others.

Gameplay: Competent

It’s a Ren’Py visual novel. You can just toggle ‘skip-all’ and hold control until you get a decision. The notable decisions are made early in the game (whether to go for a full harem, or which one or two girls to persue). After that it is just waiting for scenarios to play out and have sex.

Visuals: Great!

The characters are incredibly well designed. While they don’t stack up fantastically with what kind of renders we can achieve these days they are stylised in such a way that they don’t feel aged at all.

Summary: Great!

It is definitely worth playing and to some extent replaying. Even if you just want to tick the boxes for all endings to get all the scenes I still recommend playing blind the first time to see where you end up and what ending you get. Then you can install the mod which lets you pick an ending in the beginning and have the ‘correct’ choices for that ending highlighted.

Wishlist:

> A remake in the future with animated scenes.

> More Emily. What a treat she is, and I wish her development from a temperate mother into a full-blown power cuckquean was explored further.

> Maybe just a little bit more cutesy cuddling on the couch and in the bed.
  9. 4.00 star(s)

Chakas

Really fun game to play that will certainly satisfy uh...certain kinds of audience.
    The story isn't that great but the pacing make up for it, the dynamic between characters also felt good to compensate.
    The lack of animation is of course a negative but most scenes have enough chemistry to feel good even if they're static.
    The models are somewhat good, specially the younger member of the family.
  10. 5.00 star(s)

beedulgi

Story is cute, not overly convoluted, and spaced well enough between sex scenes. Also, quite a few pathways to enjoy. Rendering is very nicely done and the models are gorgeous as well. Thoroughly enjoyed my playthrough of this game! Definitely worth a shot.
  11. 4.00 star(s)

vman424

This is my first review, so here goes nothing.

Pros:
    + Decent story and characters personalities. Using v1.1 of the game, I recommend playing the Jenna path first to explore why the MC is like he is. It explains somewhat why he has flexible moral values regarding incest.
    + Good looking characters. They look natural. No uncanny valley stuff. They may be dated models, but I love the micro-expressions the artist manages to convey on the characters faces - especially Sofi.
    + Many sex/erotic/fetish scenes. There is a fair mixture, but I'm not entirely sure how easy to reach they all are as I ended up playing the patched version in the end.
    + Different story paths and endings. Love this. Who can't be happy with 6 separate endings. Each allows you to find out a little more about each particular character - well worth the replay.
    + A mystery stalker appears to add a little intrigue in the plot
    + A bit of timely blackmail also thrown in to see how MC will handle the situation
    + Redemption and rescue for Sofi. Probably my favorite character and part of the VN.

Cons:
    - Lack of sound. I tend to mute this anyway; sometimes it just get monotonous unless you have well times songs.
    - Could be longer, but as every path has a prologue explaining where that characters end up I don't feel that cheated
    - The character models for the youngest character is a bit Loli. Ada unless she has a medical condition would be much more developed physically. I also feel that pubic hair is unrealistically portrayed. Why do they all have pubes practically cropped to non-existence.
    - Ada is portrayed as a 15yr old. She can ONLY be unlocked as a sex partner using the patch - so if you don't wanna see it don't go there. All sex portrayed is consensual, and never forced (well one exception but technically its the MC who is raped).
    - Gallery has an unlock for a scene with Farrah, who is portrayed as a 10yr old. Again don't go there unless you wanna.

I hope that helps as a review, like I said its my first. Overall I enjoyed it. I hope it's not considered too much of a spoiler, as I have mentioned some specific characters who you wont know unless you actually play the game.

Let me know what you think of my review. Maybe I can write some more. Overall I definitely recommend this VN, and I'm very happy it got completed. Go give it a try.
    Cheers!
  12. 3.00 star(s)

Geralt_R

This game is either an over the top satirical masterpiece or jailbaity trash with no sound or proper animations. Not sure what to think really. I do in a certain way applaud the dev for the panache and over the top craziness.

You want a family themed VN dialed up to 11 all the way through and don't mind that there is no sound or music and no proper animations? Look no further... you will probably love this.

If a story that at least makes a little sense and good production values (graphics, sound, animations) are of primary importance to you and if you are not ok with the game featuring an (avoidable) underage daughter then you should avoid this game at all costs.

And of course this is not the real life, this is a silly fantasy, pixels can't get hurt or have feelings, but some kinks still are really difficult to grasp in real life and are very problematic. And this game goes to town with all that and celebrates it. Of course you have a choice. The game does not force anything upon you, you decide.

This game is basically just one huge red button with the label "don't press". You really, really want to know what the button does though, out of morbid curiosity maybe, despite better judgment even.... and of course you end up pressing it 100 times and then you wonder where all the mushroom clouds come from.
  13. 4.00 star(s)

xa0

Pros:
    + Decent story and characters personalities (surely far from perfect but you can see some work was put in them)
    + Good looking characters (no absurdly big breasts etc.)
    + Many sex/erotic/fetish scenes
    + Different story paths and endings

Cons:
    - Lack of sound
    - Could be longer
    - There is character that looks and acts like a really underage girl so romance and sex scenes with her are quite disturbing content

Despite some flaws it's one of the better games on this site.
  14. 3.00 star(s)

rezaf

TLDR: Game's ... allright, I guess.

Disclaimer: Played and rated the patched version, some criticisms might not apply to a non-patched game.

So, let's talk about the positives first.
    The game is finished, finishing a game is an achievement in and of itself.
    There are multiple endings which make sense in the context of the game.
    Ran into no bugs, the visuals are consistent, solid english in texts that have about the right length. Some of the adult scenes are pretty raunchy.

Why only three stars, then?
    Well, first there's the visuals. While consistent, they also look significantly outdated - it might be an artistic choice, but it didn't appeal to me very much.
    I also didn't really like the look of many characters, but that's of course subjective, so it doesn't facture into the score too much.

And then ... I find myself repeating that notion a lot when it comes to incest themed games - in my opinion, the appeal of the kink relates to it's forbidden nature - it's one of the last true taboos. So, when you go and portray incest as the most normal thing in the world in your game, your squandering most of what makes it appealing in the first place.
    And that's what happens in this game. Early on, it's nonchalantly revealed that the MC had his first time with his sister and has been going at her ever since. Consequently, none of the daughters really take issue with the idea of falling in love / getting it on with their father, and start doing so pretty rapidly. Even secondary characters who learn of this shrug it off.
    The exception being the mother, unless you ease her into (the choices you have to make seem kinda random) it it sets the player on the path to an ending excluding her, but that's about it, it isn't like she goes to the police or anything.

Enough rambling about this, if this immediate acceptance of incest by the game's protagonists doesn't bother you, I guess it's a solid effort, not too long, but also not too brief, as mentioned with multiple endings to shoot for.
    I was torn between awarding two or three stars, but ended up opting for the latter, since, regardless of squandering it's main asset, the game can be enjoyable to play.
  15. 5.00 star(s)

DrunkFapper

4/5 story (well thought-out even if slightly rushed to be fully realistic)
    4/5 models/visuals (no animations, except slight clipping)
    3/5 kinkiness (mostly consensual vanilla sex)
    5/5 enjoyment (I loved the characters and their personalities)
  16. 5.00 star(s)

Donkeyddd

A masterpiece. Incest, cunny, preggo, multiple endings it has it all

and made by an aco user. Legend stuff really must play for everyone

The story is pretty much nonexistent but who cares really. It works as is no issues here.
  17. 5.00 star(s)

Antonie van Leeuwenhoek

Played many times, each update each time i started from the beginning.
    One of the..forget it..Only hottest and most arousing AVN of all time (along with where the heart is and A mothers love). This was one hella ride and i definitely kid you not fellows. The characters and renders are absolutely gorgeous and the intimacy omfg will make you go crazy. Oh yeah, highly recommended to everyone who didn't try this out yet. Animations are worth your time. Luxee has hit this out of park.
  18. 4.00 star(s)

KodokuAi

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
    Reviewing info: How I rate/review and other info is HERE . W.I.P This sentence will not be included if review format is finalized and blog updated.
    Review layout: F95z
    Review type: Game
    Review format: Lewds
    Adult patch requirement:
    () Yes
    (X) No
    Comments:
    Aside incest patch you don’t need any. (game was originally incest, so to patch or not is up to you) But game has useful walkthrough mod as well.
    Translations
    () Incoherently broken MTL/translation. Wait for better translation.
    () Bad MTL/translation, but playable
    () Polished enough MTL/translation
    () Proper translation with minor issues
    (X) Great translation / native
    1-H Playability:
    () No time for „fun“
    () Lewd moments too short / irrelevant for „fun“
    ()Gameplay & “fun” ratio leans on gameplay too much
    () Balanced gameplay and „fun“
    (X) Mouse only experience
    Degeneracy
    PROs & CONs:
    ✅ Fair amount of kinks
    ✅ Solid scenes
    ✅ Good enough Cgi
    ❔Corruption becomes too fast into some orgy... not my cup of tea
    Gameplay
    PROs & CONs:
    ✅ Renpy visual novel with some paths
    ❌Not that many „options“
    Comments:
    The usual visual novel gimmick. Lot of clicking with few options.
    Game length & replay value:
    () Very Short 1-3hr
    (X) Short 3-10hr
    () The Median 10-30hr
    () Long 30+ hr
    () Very Long 100+ hr
    -------
    () Was pain to finish once / dropped
    (X) One run fun
    () Few runs to see all routes / options
    () High replay value
    Story & Characters & Development:
    PROs & CONs:
    ✅ Some characters quite likeable
    ❔Overall running story is kinda dumb, but not bad either. Just not my cup of tea
    ❌ „Steep“ development turns into giant no-bounds relationship rather fast..
    Comments:
    Visuals & Audio
    PROs & CONs:
    ✅ Art style mostly rather good
    ❌ No audio what-so-ever
    ❌ Some characters/models looks too weird in a bad way. Not my cup of tea.
    Comments:
    Performance & Required Hardware:
    (X) Stick a cable in your potato
    () Low spec / average normal PC
    () Have gamer PC to an extent
    () High-end build
    () NASA PC. likely utter garbage optimization or truly cutting edge high end
    Total Score: 6/10
    Game status:
    (X) Finished
    () Dropped
  19. 4.00 star(s)

LokiTime

I never rated this game, what a shame. Let's do it now.

I loved, like really loved this game at the beginning, models are so cutes. The story is not really original, but well not this bad as well... So yes, deserved a 4 or 5 Stars fpr me...

But, yes but, i played few weeks ago the 2 or 3 last updates i never played, and it was like all been rushed. The story, the ends... The wife who suddenly accept an harem?? and then it's fucking party at home?...

I was disappointed, cause i loved this game seriously.. Or maybe i am waiting for bette now that i played some new games? Or my tastes changed?.. Who know. I keep 4 stars for this game cause i had amazing memories to it and for once, a game i enjoyed who finish with the tag : [Completed]
  20. 5.00 star(s)

josef2600

this was the best ren'py game i have played so far! funny, good story, though the graphic cold have been better.
    although in my opinion, if ADA could have been 14 and Elly 16, should have been moor interesting. 12 is a bit too much!
    in my opinion the main story was short, probably because of the other branches of other stories.
    thanks to the developers.
    regards.