ADRIFT Completed Part 1 of the Himeros Trilogy: Himeros Hotel [v1.04] [Seztworks]

2.80 star(s) 5 Votes

MrBlobby2

Jan 7, 2018
Gave up on playing this one. Was too hard, even following the walkthrough. Kept getting stuck with no hints of where to go really, but got so close to the end and want to finish it to move onto the second one.
My current code is: 2016181617211719191612 and I've no idea what to do next. I just keep waiting an hour and then going round all the locations, but it's painful :)

Reactions: Sezt

MrBlobby2

Jan 7, 2018
Hiya MrBlobby2 It can be a bit of pain. Sorry. I will take a look and send you a hint shortly.
Thanks. I've had a couple of hints before, they just got me then stuck at the next bit.
I really like the game, the story, everything, just when you get stuck with no clue as to where to go next, it is a problem.
The walkthrough is good, but only if you follow it exactly, which is kinda missing the point of playing the game :)

Edit: My bad on this one. I should have used "CD", there was an outstanding task

Sezt

Game Developer
Dec 9, 2017
Yeah due to somewhat non-linear nature of the game I had to write one path through. You either have to follow it or try your hand at the game on your own. You can somewhat follow the walkthrough but you have to really keep an eye on the L: number and character progress to do so. The game was not designed to be easy to track. I was stupid.

Nasty_Gary

Apr 28, 2018
1574167226059.png
I like the premise and I respect the thought & passion you put in development but I can't really play the guessing game here. I presume someone probably mentioned this already but I'd like to propose something. One solution to this whole shenanigan would be a list of commands (in red) that the player could write.
For example:

1574167617483.png

Or a drop down list of all of the available actions in the area:

1574167918664.png

Now I'm not telling you how to develop your game. I'm just proposing something that would make this experience more comfortable for me as a player.

Sezt

Game Developer
Dec 9, 2017
Hiya Nasty_Gary Thanks for the feedback :)
I would recommend that you use the ingame "help" command that was listed at the start of the game. It lists a number of the commands that are used throughout the game. I have also written a walkthrough that goes through the game step by step. Even if you don't intend to use it it might give you an idea how to play the game.

Adrift has a specific set of basic commands that I have used. There is not a lot of guessing if you stick to "help".

Beedge144

Jun 2, 2017
It's great to see this series back and being recognised for the gameplay involved.
Maybe I'm old school, but I do like the text based adventures, it's a lot more fun than simple "click here to advance the scene ", and I feel its a lot more interactive than many other games because you Have to get involved.
Oh, and for the "grinders" complaining.... Set up up some ADRIFTmacros for navigating around, you'll thank me for it

Reactions: scarfer and Sezt

zodiac44

Jul 4, 2017
In the quest to help Frey and Celeste document their sexcapades following their anniversary, when/where are you supposed to meet Frey to film her? Celeste was easy - you're told when/where - but I can't find anything that points to where to go for Frey. FWIW, the walkthrough isn't helpful for figuring this out.

[Edit]
sigh...nvm, triggered it in the restaurant at 20 a few days later. Looks like it probably needed another event to trigger before it unlocks.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sezt

Sezt

Game Developer
Dec 9, 2017
Hiya zodiac44 yeah it can be tricky to use the walkthrough for specific issues like this. I am happy that you found got past it :) It was dependent on other matters most likely.

Dave3518

Nov 5, 2017
im playing a game not all 1 game if everyone else can do it why not this one i tryed 1 not tryed it im not into 1 2 3 4 scew the lot

Sezt

Game Developer
Dec 9, 2017
ibigibbi The false virus positive has been a known issue with Adrift for a long time. Not anything I can do about that. Sorry.

Dave3518 The reason the game is split up into 3 parts is that each is in a different location with mostly different characters.
They share the same main character and you can transfer some progress between them with a save number. I am sorry if you did enjoy the game.

Fuckit

Game Developer
Aug 26, 2017
I seems to be stuck on a Lara event... I try to play without the walk through although I did use it to get unstucked a few time... but this one I can't seem to be able to found.

I saw 2 of her shows so far, she invited me to bed and I think I had a photo session after that? ( Not sure... there's a lot to keep in mind :p )

strike that... The very next action after writhing this out, an event was triggered in the employee lounge :p

Last edited:

scarfer

Nov 4, 2017
If you locate the L: number on the bottom of the Adrift window, post that and Sezt can look up where you are and what you might be missing.

Fuckit

Game Developer
Aug 26, 2017
ok, I though I did it... but no i'm still completely stuck...based on the walkthrough, it's either on Lara, Taylor or Rain
all 3 seems to need something I can't fugure out

L:3851017158510510

Prompt

Jul 20, 2018
L: 47531718211056

According to the walkthrough I need to start some kind of event for rats but I've tried every combination and location to look for it and it won't start.

2.80 star(s) 5 Votes