ADRIFT Completed Part 2 of the Himeros Trilogy: Himeros Haven [v1.01d] [Seztworks]

4.00 star(s) 2 Votes

docsteel

Aug 20, 2017
docsteel Unless it says "ask...." in the task list you don't have use the ask commend. Everything else just refers to going to that location. If she isn't listed in the location listing for her hut in the morning you might have to wait until she returns at later time (story related) :)
She's there and the task says to meet her there in the morning. It's morning when I'm there, therefore something else needs to happen. I have no other open tasks.

L:111317101312141012131511107 if that helps.

docsteel

Aug 20, 2017
Did you try 'talk to huo'?
"Talk" isn't a valid word in these games. Doesn't work in this instance either.
docsteel I will take a look at it now and send you a convo shortly :)
I managed to get past it by just running around the island until I came across a random event with one of the other women that hardly seemed related. After that event the event with Huo triggered when I went to her hut. The random event was not listed in the task list nor hinted at by other events and did not happen in an area I visited for daily tasks so there's no way I could have known to do it without just randomly clicking everywhere. This is why walkthroughs are helpful even in seemingly "linear" games like these.

Sezt

Game Developer
Dec 9, 2017
docsteel I likely found out why it didn't trigger. You already had a "morning" event on that given day and you can't have two in the same day. That isn't explained ingame and can be confusing. You would just have to sleep and go there the next to get it to to trigger. I haven't written a walkthrough for Haven (or Horizon) as they are both much easier than Hotel to play and you can just click around in many cases and will find events to move forward.
There is an amount of exploration to find the "random" events but that is the game. As you say it is still linear enough that you can't miss anything (besides choice based variants) or really get stuck.

docsteel

Aug 20, 2017
docsteel I likely found out why it didn't trigger. You already had a "morning" event on that given day and you can't have two in the same day.
That's not it either. I waited and slept through several days without other events happening but checking her hut every morning resulting in nothing. Her event did not trigger until I found that other random event by accident.

There have been several instances now where I have to spend several in-game days just clicking around the entire island waiting to stumble across something happening because there's nothing left in my task list. The alternative being just typing wait/sleep for several days until whatever hidden timers have run their course. That's not exactly compelling gameplay and exactly one of the reasons a walkthrough would be handy: "have I missed something or is this just a dead period in the game?"

At any rate, I'm through it now--and once again just visiting every area of the map every period of the day until something new happens/timers run out.

Sezt

Game Developer
Dec 9, 2017
PyoT That is a first. I have never been "jokingly" threatened with violence before. I am not sure I understand why you played through the entire game given the rather large amount of dislike for the style and content. I do however appreciate that you have taken the time to give feedback in such a thoughtful manner and if nothing else it was more entertaining than the stuff I have wasted the last 6 years on. I will now sit back and reflect on what to do with the remaining year of development and my life in general. Thank you.

Sezt

Game Developer
Dec 9, 2017
Hiya @aiolish That is a different issue then most of the others with similar numbers. I will get back to you.

Sezt

Game Developer
Dec 9, 2017
Hello again aiolish
There is one somewhat tricky event that requires you to be "tired" and enter the main complex at night. This is the one that keeps you from progressing at moment.

aiolish

Apr 26, 2021
Hello again aiolish
There is one somewhat tricky event that requires you to be "tired" and enter the main complex at night. This is the one that keeps you from progressing at moment.
Thanks, any tips for getting to night and tired. At this point it seems i've cleared out any non-repeatable events.
I can easily progress to evening/tired but not get to night

Sezt

Game Developer
Dec 9, 2017
aiolish I am sorry. Been spending too much time with Horizon. I meant evening and tired. Got my time units mixed up.

Sezt

Game Developer
Dec 9, 2017
xravensfan
From earlier in the thread and in the other game threads.

Yeah, the false virus flag has been an issue for a long time with Adrift.

The VirusTotal list has 21/65 engines detecting a generic flag. It does not contain any known trojans, but just parts of code that might look like one. I fully understand the hesitation, but sadly there isn't much I can do other then comfirm that I have added nothing to the Adrift runner other then text and images.
The only thing it might hurt is your wrist, if I have done my job right :)

Reactions: xravensfan

xravensfan

May 5, 2017
And another one... how do you bartend? I head to the boardwalk, type bartend, and it tells me "You wouldn't know what to do."

Also, how do I get Nikki and Tara's B-Day?

Sezt

Game Developer
Dec 9, 2017
Hello xravensfan
Regarding bartending. I take it you have built the bar. Initially you get a quest in the mansion in the evening that leads into bartending. Before that you can't bartend. Other things might have to happen before that triggers.
Regarding asking about girls information it unlocks depending on their level of trust so you might have try at different points as you progress with their quests. Every time you have events with them is a good point to do so. (Nikki is the hardest in this case).
The other thing you asked about before. Spying.
Every time a new location is unlocked it will be noted in the text with Red color as in "spy on xxx". There is an initial event that unlocks these based on the girls progress and the trigger event. There are 6 all in all.

4.00 star(s) 2 Votes