ADRIFT Part 3 of the Himeros Trilogy: Himeros Horizon [v0.90a] [Seztworks]

Mar 25, 2018
not sure if i found a bug or not but when i watched the new movie without first having a conversation with Angela after it became available, the movie scene did not end and nothing worked anymore...had to force quit the game

Sezt

Game Developer
Dec 9, 2017
jamesyoung.criminalcase That sounds weird. There is nothing in that event that requires you to talk to her first so it shouldn't cause any issues and I haven't heard any other feedback about that from the testers. I will see if I can duplicate it.

walrus13

Nov 6, 2017
As usual love the stellar work you have put in.
Found a small technicality issue... when Ida is in the med bay you can still visit her in her quarters after her injury

Reactions: Sezt

Johor1

Nov 9, 2018
I also had a problem with the hardcore movie. I could only progress after clicking on the left panel.

• Thinking Face

Sezt

Game Developer
Dec 9, 2017
Johor1 This is a tricky one. I can't seem to replicate the issue and I can't see where in the code it should cause any issues. It must be a specific combination/overlap of things that triggers that problem that I can't find on my end or even worse an adrift bug. If you have a save at that point you could send me that might help but could also not show up if it is a platform bug.

walrus13

Nov 6, 2017
If you go the 'pri' route with Xenia
the night you talk about her viewing habits on the tablet, you have a few misplaced names...
Xenia scowls at Xenia... second should probably be Jackie
Xenia lets you leave before guiding Xenia back... first should probably be Jackie again

walrus13

Nov 6, 2017
first day of 'rmv' last passage says.. 'I guess Ida will have to think of another target..'
should be Danika

Johor1

Nov 9, 2018
Johor1 This is a tricky one. I can't seem to replicate the issue and I can't see where in the code it should cause any issues. It must be a specific combination/overlap of things that triggers that problem that I can't find on my end or even worse an adrift bug. If you have a save at that point you could send me that might help but could also not show up if it is a platform bug.
Sure. I just tried it again with the same result.

Sezt

Game Developer
Dec 9, 2017
Johor1 Yeah. Even with the save I couldn't replicate the issue. So it might be a platform issue. I will keep an eye on it and track it going forward. I will also slightly rewrite the event for the next release.

yurface

Oct 20, 2017
Been stuck for a while now with something to do but nothing available to do. I cannot wait nor do anything. hoping something can be fixed

L:178217151810151517911141 S:511502315027

Sezt

Game Developer
Dec 9, 2017
Hello yurface I will take a look and send you a convo with help shortly :) It sounds you like you have been presented with a choice but not picked an option.

Sezt

Game Developer
Dec 9, 2017
Hello ver55e V0.75 just released to the public last week. It will be a couple months before V0.80 will be ready. The releases have slowed down a bit but are also somewhat larger than they used to be as we get closer to the final releases.

docsteel

Aug 20, 2017
Much like with part 2 I'm stuck wandering around for in-game weeks on end waiting for something to happen. I have no open tasks, builds or missions. I've visited every room available and picked every option (mostly just sex scenes I've already seen). Just now I've advanced through 3 in-game weeks checking every room every day for some sign of progression and there's nothing.

This is why I will continue to advocate for walkthroughs for these games. They may be "linear", but VERY often you're left with no indication--not even a hint--on what you're supposed to do next so you're left to just blunt-force it for however long the game decides you need to wait for the next thing to happen. Am I supposed to wait a month? Is there a TU-limit I need to reach for the next project to open? Is there some required random encounter I'm supposed to see to advance the story that just isn't triggering? Is there a bug? No way to know.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

L:2720223152721202425922165 S:614532315427

Sezt

Game Developer
Dec 9, 2017
Hello again docsteel I will check your number and see what seems to be the problem and send you a convo shortly.

I have already talked a bit about the walkthrough for Haven and Horizon but I can expand on it if you want.
The somewhat linear but tricky affair of Hotel where you had a large number of timeslots and some areas contained a number of choices that only affected the games that followed. This made a walkthrough for that game pretty easy to write.
Haven builds on those choices with even more choices that not only affect itself but also what follows.
I could write a walkthrough for Haven (and I might once I am done with the games) but now I would be starting to be affecting player choices just by showing the "optimal" path or one path. Since there are 10 choices that carry over from Hotel I would have to either only cover the "basic" variant or cover them all (god help me).
Now we come to Horizon and we now have the 10 choices from Hotel and 10 choices from Haven plus the choices that you make along the way in Horizon. Those are even more fun in that most are "hidden". The amount of branches and paths people would never see if I made a walkthrough would be staggering. It is about making your own choices and get your own path not have me play it for you.
If you don't like to play the game that is different story. I can't help you there :)
I have sent you a help to the stuck issue since you are almost done with current content it seems.

docsteel

Aug 20, 2017
I have already talked a bit about the walkthrough for Haven and Horizon but I can expand on it if you want.
The somewhat linear but tricky affair of Hotel where you had a large number of timeslots and some areas contained a number of choices that only affected the games that followed. This made a walkthrough for that game pretty easy to write.
Haven builds on those choices with even more choices that not only affect itself but also what follows.
I could write a walkthrough for Haven (and I might once I am done with the games) but now I would be starting to be affecting player choices just by showing the "optimal" path or one path. Since there are 10 choices that carry over from Hotel I would have to either only cover the "basic" variant or cover them all (god help me).
Now we come to Horizon and we now have the 10 choices from Hotel and 10 choices from Haven plus the choices that you make along the way in Horizon. Those are even more fun in that most are "hidden". The amount of branches and paths people would never see if I made a walkthrough would be staggering. It is about making your own choices and get your own path not have me play it for you.
The misunderstanding here is stemming from the fact you think I'm asking you to write the walkthrough/guide. I'm not. I'm asking for anyone to write one who is familiar with the game. With ADRIFT games they're very helpful due to the nature of the platform. All I ask apart from that is that you and others stop discouraging the writing of one. Quite often I read "you don't need a walkthrough for this game, just follow the story" or similar comments in 2, and that just wasn't the case since you could very easily get stuck wandering pointlessly not knowing what comes next once you finish the tasks on your list.

At any rate, I am enjoying the story in your series and I give you kudos for that. I'm not a fan of fake celebrity images as they take me out of it (and are often not the best quality--not your fault), but the other images you've chosen are woven into your narrative well enough. The writing is also fairly well done--although you might want to go through and count how many times you've written "smirks/smirked/smirk". That's not really a knock on your writing since there are only so many ways to describe it, but it's something I noticed while reading through the story that, in turn, made me smirk.

I hope I've cleared up the "walkthrough" talk and that you take my criticism with the good intentions behind it. While I do not like ADRIFT games in general for the aforementioned reasons, I've stuck with your series because, among ADRIFT games, it is probably one of the best.

Last edited:

Sezt

Game Developer
Dec 9, 2017
Dole It looks like you could be or at least very close. You should get an end of version marker if you have cleared up to the current. The main mission is done but you might need minor content.

Dole

Well-Known Karen
Apr 28, 2017
I haven`t get a close marker. And when I am correct I walked 2 days around without nothing new so I asked. I walked aso 2 days around nothing new after I read your answer. Played further with my save from 0.55 to 0.75b.