sam1975

Jan 16, 2019
What am I missing to trigger the final event with the Principal? I show up to her house every sunday during the given time frame and nothing

WillNotWork

Jan 2, 2019
I have seen many questions being asked about 'saves' with no reply to where the saves may be held on the drive. I use something called shadow defender on my computer which means it resets every time I switch off. Every other game I have tried I can place the save outside shadow mode, but this game I cannot as nobody seems to know where the saves are stored. For me it makes the game unplayable, and i would like to try it at least. If anyone here knows a work around, I'd be grateful.. thanks!
This game is made using Twine which saves to your browsers internal storage, so using a different browser, wiping cache, history, cookies, etc. will make you lose your save. Worse this is made specifically with Harlowe which does not have a public api, and does not have the inbuilt ability to save to disk making it that much harder. Most Twine games on here are made using SugarCube which does have the save to disk option.
However, Harlowe does save to Local Storage. So there is a slightly messy, but possible way to get the data.

1. Open the Path to Paradise game in your browser (you need to set context)
  2. Open up the Developer Tools in your browser
  3. Navigate to the storage section, called Application on Chromium, and Storage on Webkit (Safari and derivatives) and Gecko (Firefox and derivatives)
  4. Go to the file:/// domain (Some browsers will just show file, or local file, some will have the full path)
  5. In a separate text application (Atom, Notepad, TextEdit, etc.) copy three things:
    • The name to the save you want to back up, e.g. (Saved Game Filename EB89D57D-BC0C-40FD-99FC-D0EE2A6DE6BD) slot4. It has no associated data, because the dev didn't add the ability to name saves.
    • The name of the save where the data is saved, e.g. (Saved Game EB89D57D-BC0C-40FD-99FC-D0EE2A6DE6BD) slot4
    • The data of the save. I'm not including it here, because it's a big huge JSON string. Make sure to copy it completely.
  6. Save this to a text file, and restore later using the Plus to add the keys and values back in.

Meenapatush

Dec 9, 2019
However, Harlowe does save to Local Storage. So there is a slightly messy, but possible way to get the data.

1. Open the Path to Paradise game in your browser (you need to set context)
  2. Open up the Developer Tools in your browser
  3. Navigate to the storage section, called Application on Chromium, and Storage on Webkit (Safari and derivatives) and Gecko (Firefox and derivatives)
  4. Go to the file:/// domain (Some browsers will just show file, or local file, some will have the full path)
  5. In a separate text application (Atom, Notepad, TextEdit, etc.) copy three things:
    • The name to the save you want to back up, e.g. (Saved Game Filename EB89D57D-BC0C-40FD-99FC-D0EE2A6DE6BD) slot4. It has no associated data, because the dev didn't add the ability to name saves.
    • The name of the save where the data is saved, e.g. (Saved Game EB89D57D-BC0C-40FD-99FC-D0EE2A6DE6BD) slot4
    • The data of the save. I'm not including it here, because it's a big huge JSON string. Make sure to copy it completely.
  6. Save this to a text file, and restore later using the Plus to add the keys and values back in.
Thank you ever so much, I can now go and get the game again and start playing it.

Reactions: WillNotWork

trr

Jul 23, 2017
What browser are you playing in, are you using any kind of incognito mode, cookies disabled, etc?
Google chrome, no incognito, cookies enabled.
I got issue only with this game and its strange because i can save at start but after a few in-game-hour i got only this message.

Reactions: anhbenmuoi112

chechillo

Feb 19, 2019
Google chrome, no incognito, cookies enabled.
I got issue only with this game and its strange because i can save at start but after a few in-game-hour i got only this message.
maybe antivirus?? kaspersky got an extension that blocks adds and stuff

hagare

Mar 27, 2019
Question. Playing this on android seems to break the image links. Which is weird, because I play other HTML games just fine. Any advice?

Rufus Maximus

Oct 5, 2018
Can anyone tell me where to find the time of day? When I search this thread about it, people are talking about it being on the phone, but the phone in my game looks screwed up. Am I missing something here?

Screenshot (20).png

clock200557

Apr 30, 2017
I followed until here. All I'm seeing is this:

• [{passage: "intro", variables: {}}, {passage: "intro1", variables: {}},…]
    • 0: {passage: "intro", variables: {}}
      1: {passage: "intro1", variables: {}}
      2: {passage: "intro2", variables: {res1: 2}}
      3: {passage: "Start", variables: {}}
      4: {passage: "start1", variables: {}}
      5: {passage: "start2", variables: {}}
      6: {passage: "start3", variables: {}}
      7: {passage: "start4", variables: {}}
      8: {passage: "start5", variables: {}}
      9: {passage: "start6", variables: {}}
      10: {passage: "start7", variables: {}}
      11: {passage: "start8", variables: {}}
      12: {passage: "start9", variables: {}}
      13: {passage: "start10", variables: {}}
      14: {passage: "start11", variables: {}}
      15: {passage: "start12", variables: {}}
      16: {passage: "start13", variables: {}}
      17: {passage: "start14", variables: {}}
      18: {passage: "start15", variables: {angt: 1}}
      19: {passage: "ggroom", variables: {sm: 1, map: 2, tm: 1, wd: 1}}
      20: {passage: "save", variables: {time: "06", weekday: "Mon"}
How does that let me change variables? Sorry I'm a huge noob at this.

chechillo

Feb 19, 2019
Can anyone tell me where to find the time of day? When I search this thread about it, people are talking about it being on the phone, but the phone in my game looks screwed up. Am I missing something here?

View attachment 536156
i think you have a problem with your resolution, its like you zoomed at max
it should be like one of these two images depending what you selected at start
1580591654038.png 1580591699226.png

Reactions: Rufus Maximus

razzia

Apr 14, 2018
Hello, I started playing this game and have a few question.
I "corrupted" most of the character but feel like there is more I just can't access (places) or meet (people).
No school, police, ash's mom, etc...
I downloaded the game yesterday so it is the last version.
Any help or advice?

razzia

Apr 14, 2018
Hello, I started playing this game and have a few question.
I "corrupted" most of the character but feel like there is more I just can't access (places) or meet (people).
No school, police, ash's mom, etc...
I downloaded the game yesterday so it is the last version.
Any help or advice?
OK got it just need to pass a certain day amount for locations and people to be added.

brexitbal

Dec 5, 2018
I have downloaded the file on Android. Assuming I just open a link in chrome and let the game play? What's the link if so. Any help would.be grateful

WillNotWork

Jan 2, 2019
I followed until here. All I'm seeing is this:

• [{passage: "intro", variables: {}}, {passage: "intro1", variables: {}},…]
    • 0: {passage: "intro", variables: {}}
      1: {passage: "intro1", variables: {}}
      2: {passage: "intro2", variables: {res1: 2}}
      3: {passage: "Start", variables: {}}
      4: {passage: "start1", variables: {}}
      5: {passage: "start2", variables: {}}
      6: {passage: "start3", variables: {}}
      7: {passage: "start4", variables: {}}
      8: {passage: "start5", variables: {}}
      9: {passage: "start6", variables: {}}
      10: {passage: "start7", variables: {}}
      11: {passage: "start8", variables: {}}
      12: {passage: "start9", variables: {}}
      13: {passage: "start10", variables: {}}
      14: {passage: "start11", variables: {}}
      15: {passage: "start12", variables: {}}
      16: {passage: "start13", variables: {}}
      17: {passage: "start14", variables: {}}
      18: {passage: "start15", variables: {angt: 1}}
      19: {passage: "ggroom", variables: {sm: 1, map: 2, tm: 1, wd: 1}}
      20: {passage: "save", variables: {time: "06", weekday: "Mon"}
How does that let me change variables? Sorry I'm a huge noob at this.
Variable editing is a totally separate thing in Harlowe. I've had some success going back to the step a value changes and overwriting the value, but it's not a useful test.

Really, in this game, there shouldn't be anything you need to edit. Use the advice and guide, and do all the content in about an hour.

3.20 star(s) 21 Votes