sharpys

May 21, 2017
Gonna wait for the inbuilt cheat menu, too much of a bore trying to brute force the variables & scripts

Soul_less327

Dec 24, 2019
why is she outside on the street?
Because you are able to say 'stay here' from outside the brothel. She just stands there and it says 'she works here now' but you can't do anything with her.

I loaded an older save and told her to 'stay here' from inside the brothel and everything is fine. Maybe you should remove the 'stay here' option from the outside screen? Just a thought.

I think this is going to be a really good game but maybe add more hints when just starting out. Also an explanation of buying and selling things at the market would be good. Not how to buy and sell (that's clear for anyone who has ever played and rpg), but an explanation for when to buy and sell. Like is there going to be a profit system like that old pirate game 'Trade winds' or something and is the buying and selling even implemented in the game at this point?

OrphanOrphan

Jun 9, 2019
I have several problems with this game.

First, there is not enough content to make the game enjoyable, as there are a lot of place-holders with the text "Available in future updates".

Also, the mechanics of the game appears to be too complex, and the gameplay isn't really intuitive...

Too much grinding for my taste, and no cheats to avoid it.

Last edited:

dominicdecoco

May 25, 2017
So uhh i have problem with the quest named ''learn to train slaves'' or something like that... When i speak with the 'old women' for the quest, game just returns to main menu... and i couldnt find any solutions :/

Prince01

Jun 1, 2018
can't run game

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/initialization.rpy", line 43, in <module>
File "game/libs/config_parser/ConfigParser.rpy", line 90, in dict_from_config_file
Exception: Couldn't find file 'db/items.ini'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "initialization.rpyc", line 39, in script
File "K:\GAMES\Patronus\Patronus-Alpha 3.1.0\renpy\ast.py", line 912, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "K:\GAMES\Patronus\Patronus-Alpha 3.1.0\renpy\python.py", line 2004, in py_exec_bytecode
exec bytecode in globals, locals
File "game/libs/config_parser/ConfigParser.rpy", line 90, in dict_from_config_file
File "K:\GAMES\Patronus\Patronus-Alpha 3.1.0\renpy\loader.py", line 649, in transfn
raise Exception("Couldn't find file '%s'." % name)

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.2.320
Patronus Trunk
Sun Jan 26 11:35:27 2020

game/libs/config_parser does not even exist in game folder

and a better explanation on how to do the following
"If you want to run the game, you will have to add a `local_config.rpy` in your game folder, or else it wont work. This file is not tracked by git so you will have to do it manually."

jsan32

Jan 6, 2018
can't run game

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "initialization.rpyc", line 39, in script
File "K:\GAMES\Patronus\Patronus-Alpha 3.1.0\renpy\ast.py", line 912, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "K:\GAMES\Patronus\Patronus-Alpha 3.1.0\renpy\python.py", line 2004, in py_exec_bytecode
exec bytecode in globals, locals
File "K:\GAMES\Patronus\Patronus-Alpha 3.1.0\renpy\loader.py", line 649, in transfn
raise Exception("Couldn't find file '%s'." % name)

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.2.320
Patronus Trunk
Sun Jan 26 11:35:27 2020

game/libs/config_parser does not even exist in game folder

and a better explanation on how to do the following
"If you want to run the game, you will have to add a `local_config.rpy` in your game folder, or else it wont work. This file is not tracked by git so you will have to do it manually."

This is due to the AV that deletes a file called Minmaxer.exe. You have to disable it, then put in exceptions, and restart the av

berny

Jun 8, 2017
Hmm, that was pretty dissapointing.
I checked the date of the OP before I downloaded the game, and I have to admit, I was expecting more polish and content. It's hard to believe this game has been in development for nearly two years.
Kind of sad really, I like the premise of the game, and the girls are hot too, the animations are also very well done, but after two years there should be more than: "yeah, this could turn into a pretty nice game in the future".

Edit: There is no patreon link in the OP, so maybe my comment is a bit unfair if this is purely a side project, I'm just really baffled by the lack of content. It feels like you just finished the tutorial and the game is already over.

Last edited:

Stud-e-Smurf

May 11, 2019
This is due to the AV that deletes a file called Minmaxer.exe. You have to disable it, then put in exceptions, and restart the av
Yeah, I wouldn't. "Trojan-Spy.Win32.Keylogger.gen" detected in that file. You may say "false positive" but I'll take a pass on this one.

EPGerhart

Dec 24, 2017
Zone Alarm claims VHO:Trojan-Spy.Win32.KeyLogger.gen found in Minmaxer.exe

EDIT: A bit of research tells me that Zone Alarm uses Kaspersky signatures, so upthread there's a report already. Hopefully this bubbles down to Zone Alarm sometime soon.

Last edited:

dvemail

Game Developer
May 9, 2017
Yeah, I wouldn't. "Trojan-Spy.Win32.Keylogger.gen" detected in that file. You may say "false positive" but I'll take a pass on this one.
You're welcome to take a pass, of course. But it's a false positive and has been reported by others to Kaspersky. Not our problem to fix.

dvemail

Game Developer
May 9, 2017
Hmm, that was pretty dissapointing.
I checked the date of the OP before I downloaded the game, and I have to admit, I was expecting more polish and content. It's hard to believe this game has been in development for nearly two years.
Kind of sad really, I like the premise of the game, and the girls are hot too, the animations are also very well done, but after two years there should be more than: "yeah, this could turn into a pretty nice game in the future".

Edit: There is no patreon link in the OP, so maybe my comment is a bit unfair if this is purely a side project, I'm just really baffled by the lack of content. It feels like you just finished the tutorial and the game is already over.
There's a lot to unpack in your comment. Sorry it's disappointing to you. There's a reason that there's no Patreon link and never will be going forward. We will not ever meet the terms of Patreon's contract. The game features non-consent and incest, both are Patreon hard stops. And we won't lie or hide to try to get around it. So instead we use Subscribestar.

There's literally *no* current income for the game, and I've funded it entirely out of my own wallet. Really good backgrounds? That costs a ton of money. None are stolen, they are all ours, all original. Really great girl art? Yeah, that's all original from scratch, and it's not lifted from anywhere. And that costs a ton. Innovative design elements? Decent UI art? Legitimately purchased music? etc. etc etc, all paid for by me.

You're right, there's not a ton of new content. Instead we focused on making the game more stable, and it is. There's no other RenPy game of anywhere near this scope at all, and I only have one part-time coder and one (very) part time engine guy.

In the two years that we've had the game in development, we've collected maybe $50 in total donations ever. Maybe one or two people from F95 contribute. No one else does. I provide the game here for free. You want me to take your criticism seriously? Pay $10 a month as a subscriber on Subscribestar and I'll listen to you. Right now you're like the kid who complains about the problems of the used car he was given for free.

dvemail

Game Developer
May 9, 2017
I have several problems with this game.

First, there is not enough content to make the game enjoyable, as there are a lot of place-holders with the text "Available in future updates".

Also, the mechanics of the game appears to be too complex, and the gameplay isn't really intuitive...

Too much grinding for my taste, and no cheats to avoid it.
Grinding? You can literally buy skill improvement and also force the girls to do as you desire.

berny

Jun 8, 2017
There's a lot to unpack in your comment. Sorry it's disappointing to you. There's a reason that there's no Patreon link and never will be going forward. We will not ever meet the terms of Patreon's contract. The game features non-consent and incest, both are Patreon hard stops. And we won't lie or hide to try to get around it. So instead we use Subscribestar.

There's literally *no* current income for the game, and I've funded it entirely out of my own wallet. Really good backgrounds? That costs a ton of money. None are stolen, they are all ours, all original. Really great girl art? Yeah, that's all original from scratch, and it's not lifted from anywhere. And that costs a ton. Innovative design elements? Decent UI art? Legitimately purchased music? etc. etc etc, all paid for by me.

You're right, there's not a ton of new content. Instead we focused on making the game more stable, and it is. There's no other RenPy game of anywhere near this scope at all, and I only have one part-time coder and one (very) part time engine guy.

In the two years that we've had the game in development, we've collected maybe $50 in total donations ever. Maybe one or two people from F95 contribute. No one else does. I provide the game here for free. You want me to take your criticism seriously? Pay $10 a month as a subscriber on Subscribestar and I'll listen to you. Right now you're like the kid who complains about the problems of the used car he was given for free.
Personally, I think this "no patron, no opinion" rule is pretty stupid (although very popular), but yeah sure, I didn't give you any money, so if you choose to ignore everything I say, I certainly won't blame you.
The thing is, after I played your game I was looking for similar games and found Wicked Rouge. The game has a similar setting and gameplay and is less than half a year old, but already feels so much more like a real game than your game. Sure, you have many locations and maybe you set the groundwork for an amazing game, but you can barely do anything in your game. Most places and people are placeholders or at least feel like placeholders, because there is nothing you can do. You hint to all these possibilities that might come in the future, but that's all there is at the moment, hints.
And my statement is simply, that after two years, I was expecting (as in think, not demand) more than a glimpse of what might come in the future. If you think this criticism is ridiculous, ok, then so be it, call me a spoiled kid who expected to get a great game for free, but maybe there is at least some truth to what I'm saying.

Last edited:
3.40 star(s) 23 Votes