Rince556

Jan 21, 2018
I tried it today for the first time, being a huge fan of Roman history I am definitely in the target group of this game... ;)
I like the scenario and the possibilities a lot.
The actual gameplay right now is still a little underwhelming in my point of view. Not much to do, after the initial start not many clues what to do, which things to grind , what certain character statistics are for and what (and if) you are making progress with your slave...
Don´t get me wrong, I like the game, I am looking very much forward to this games progress, but right now I will wait for a little while, because at the moment it not much fun to play (yet?).

Reactions: 215303j

berny

Jun 8, 2017
Ripped honey select art slapped over an RPGM base is your comparison? Wow.
That's your reply. Wow.

Edit: it is probably best to stop here. We both made our points and this could turn into a nasty argument.

Last edited:

Victor_dusk

Aug 3, 2019
i like the game but i cant find Fausti's brother. i understood the clues as meaning i had to wait around at the halfway point between roma and your home. (where the inn is) is that correct?

Alexanderarar

Oct 21, 2018
If you want to run the game, you will have to add a `local_config.rpy` in your game folder, or else it wont work. This file is not tracked by git so you will have to do it manually.

i dont get how you do this could someone explain

Reactions: Constantino

Morfina

Sep 24, 2019
i like the game but i cant find Fausti's brother. i understood the clues as meaning i had to wait around at the halfway point between roma and your home. (where the inn is) is that correct?
you are supposed to meet him at Town Center in Asculus (place where your villa is). I met him on dies veneris, but day may be random.

jireir

May 26, 2018
How do you train slaves in terms of bordello services? I presume it's somehow done through the slave management in the bordello but what exactly do I need to press to continue with the training?

DevWannabe

Game Developer
Dec 9, 2017
I think there's a bug or something with the bordello robbery, that after player gets robbed, bordello won't get any visitors anymore. Could it be that -10 bordello rep hit takes reputation to negative or something?

Anyways, after failed robberies you can talk to madam, and she tells that you can hire guards from the forum ( it opens forum as a new location ), but the guy there won't speak to you, until bordello is really robbed once. So basically player just have to wait to get robbed, before they can hire guards. Personally I think that is a really shitty design choice, that player can't get that quest to hire more security until you get robbed. That -10 bordello rep hit is like 5-10 weeks worth of grinding, so I really don't understand why force it to players.

Only way I could get customers back to bordello was to close it and then reopen it. I suppose that fixed negative reputation or something that went bonkers after robbery, but it feels really stupid to start from zero again when I actually finally managed to get my bordello to poor reputation, and wanted to hire more security after failed robbery attempts.

Also I've been playing a lawyer a little, and I have managed to increase my rhetoric skill to 50, but this far I've never managed to win any cases. When I manage to find a client, most of the time they choose to plea guilty and won't go to court. When they do plea innocent, I always loose unless I bribe the jury. Even with bribes I lose most of the time no matter what game says my chances are. Also if I choose to bribe the jury, I have to pay the bribe and my reward is lower than the bribe, so I loose money. Once I also lost so badly, that my rhetoric skill and fame dropped as a result. I think that part of the game needs attention, and at minimum change the prediction to say that player has zero chance to win if they really don't have any.

Like I said, I'm back to bordello terrible reputation, so maybe that is it, but I have no way to train Fasti to do anything more sexual than those starting skills. I thought we could train slaves for doggy style etc. Or maybe it's just because her shame or whatever is not decreasing. Month is Martius in my game, and I think her nudity or body shame stats haven't been changed at all in this time. She's renowed in all the starting skills if that matters, and every week I still train her at least once that she gets a chance to lower those stats. Maybe that needs a look too, or if I just do something wrong, maybe dev could share some information how to train those other sex skills?

EDIT: Reading my post I realized it looks pretty bad, so I'd like to add that I actually liked the game, or I wouldn't bother to post . I really love ancient rome and I really really like the art and animation in the game too. There's actually lots of good stuff, so apoligies to just report the bad stuff that irked me. It was meant more as a bug reports, but sounded much worse. Anyways, just wanted to say that keep up the good work.

Last edited:

dvemail

Game Developer
May 9, 2017
If you want to run the game, you will have to add a `local_config.rpy` in your game folder, or else it wont work. This file is not tracked by git so you will have to do it manually.

i dont get how you do this could someone explain
That's unexpected. What did you download? zip or exe, and from where?

dvemail

Game Developer
May 9, 2017
I think there's a bug or something with the bordello robbery, that after player gets robbed, bordello won't get any visitors anymore. Could it be that -10 bordello rep hit takes reputation to negative or something?

Anyways, after failed robberies you can talk to madam, and she tells that you can hire guards from the forum ( it opens forum as a new location ), but the guy there won't speak to you, until bordello is really robbed once. So basically player just have to wait to get robbed, before they can hire guards. Personally I think that is a really shitty design choice, that player can't get that quest to hire more security until you get robbed. That -10 bordello rep hit is like 5-10 weeks worth of grinding, so I really don't understand why force it to players.

Only way I could get customers back to bordello was to close it and then reopen it. I suppose that fixed negative reputation or something that went bonkers after robbery, but it feels really stupid to start from zero again when I actually finally managed to get my bordello to poor reputation, and wanted to hire more security after failed robbery attempts.

Also I've been playing a lawyer a little, and I have managed to increase my rhetoric skill to 50, but this far I've never managed to win any cases. When I manage to find a client, most of the time they choose to plea guilty and won't go to court. When they do plea innocent, I always loose unless I bribe the jury. Even with bribes I lose most of the time no matter what game says my chances are. Also if I choose to bribe the jury, I have to pay the bribe and my reward is lower than the bribe, so I loose money. Once I also lost so badly, that my rhetoric skill and fame dropped as a result. I think that part of the game needs attention, and at minimum change the prediction to say that player has zero chance to win if they really don't have any.

Like I said, I'm back to bordello terrible reputation, so maybe that is it, but I have no way to train Fasti to do anything more sexual than those starting skills. I thought we could train slaves for doggy style etc. Or maybe it's just because her shame or whatever is not decreasing. Month is Martius in my game, and I think her nudity or body shame stats haven't been changed at all in this time. She's renowed in all the starting skills if that matters, and every week I still train her at least once that she gets a chance to lower those stats. Maybe that needs a look too, or if I just do something wrong, maybe dev could share some information how to train those other sex skills?

EDIT: Reading my post I realized it looks pretty bad, so I'd like to add that I actually liked the game, or I wouldn't bother to post . I really love ancient rome and I really really like the art and animation in the game too. There's actually lots of good stuff, so apoligies to just report the bad stuff that irked me. It was meant more as a bug reports, but sounded much worse. Anyways, just wanted to say that keep up the good work.
This is really good feedback, thank you! We'll look at this commentary about the guards and fix it. A couple of small notes.

1. Yes, bordello rep can end up with no clients, but you should not have to close/open to reset
2. Law court will be rewritten almost completely - The intention is for it to be funny and to reflect actual Roman practice of *always* bribing the jury unless you were really good and your opponent was really bad - it'll get fixed
3. You should not have to get robbed to trigger guards. We have to look at that. The actual trigger is the degree of insecurity that the girls feel.

DevWannabe

Game Developer
Dec 9, 2017
Hmmm, I think I figured it out why I can't train Fasti any further, and why her shame stats are not decreasing. Sometimes ( I think it's one of the hidden skills that enabled this ) I can see what she thinks about the training and what's her current "stance". For me it says "She is obstinant and willful". Earlier I let it go if she didn't want to train, so I quess I messed it up. Now I've tried to punish her every time she refuses the training, but her stance is not really moving anywhere. Minigames are getting really hard now though, so I was wondering did I mess up my game, or can I still salvage it somehow?

DevWannabe

Game Developer
Dec 9, 2017
2. Law court will be rewritten almost completely - The intention is for it to be funny and to reflect actual Roman practice of *always* bribing the jury unless you were really good and your opponent was really bad - it'll get fixed
Heh, that explains my poor lawyer career. I have nothing against bribing, but unfortunately my poor bordello only makes like 1k-2k profit weekly currently, so I can't afford to pay those bribes. I put my lawyer career on hold, and just get the skill upgrade chance every week, and maybe when I get higher skill level my chances improve.

Fan3D

Oct 14, 2018
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/_engine/main_engine.rpy", line 25, in <module>
  File "game/libs/config_parser/ConfigParser.rpy", line 84, in dict_from_config_file
Exception: Failed to call a needed program for the game to work, try to run the game as admin or submit your problem with you computer specs.

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.2.320
Patronus Trunk
Sun Jan 26 21:59:26 2020
The game don't start for me :(

dinmor

Aug 3, 2017
I think you'd get more people giving you money to develop the game if you allowed people to see variables the files using unren etc, aka cheating, you wont need to do any actual work in terms of cheat menu either. If you're making a game cus it's fun to make the game then sure, don't give a shit, but that's obviously not the case since you spend so much time on here insisting that how other people want to play games is wrong.
I doubt many people will be happy to have restricted choice.

Also, the game goes to main menu right after you talk with the brothel lady to get help training, and since I can't even unpack the files with unren, I can't even try and resolve the issue myself.

And if you gonna dismiss my feedback cus I don't pay you money, get over yourself and grow the fuck up.
Good day to you :)

Sartain

Jul 4, 2017
This game seems very promising but man is it annoying that moving from room to room or even just exiting a conversation because you clicked on someone by mistake takes 30 minutes of in-game time

SenPC

Feb 3, 2018
This game seems very promising but man is it annoying that moving from room to room or even just exiting a conversation because you clicked on someone by mistake takes 30 minutes of in-game time
McKellanGong.gif

Listen to this guy right here, he knows what's up.

Reactions: joehoe
3.40 star(s) 23 Votes